2024 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

Janice4th

On the Ice
I bought the all event pass, but will not be able to attend some of the Junior programs. If anyone is interested, I want to give them to someone who would actually use them. I am giving them away. Anything on Monday and Tuesday is up for grabs.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I don't know if this belongs in Nat'ls or 4CC's.
I don't know why the UD Fed dis not state the skaters didn't who are assign or go to 4Cc' s didn't have To go to Nat'ls . They receive world ranking points and scores that contribute to their overall assignment for next year. The nationals does not. They could have stated one that skated due to it being so close receive automatic bye to next year nationals. Their scores and points contribute to the assignments.

The nationals being so close , one would not expect the U. s. Skaters that skated at nationals to do well being a three day turnaround about. They be tired from competing and the plane ride and the time difference.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was, too. Such as disappointment for them to not be able to compete.

Did anyone else think their statement hinted at retirement in the near term? I'm not feeling good about the future, and they are one of my favorite dance teams.

I did. I often try to avoid too much parsing of words, but "reevaluate our options for future seasons." does not sound good. At least Kevin Aymoz in his IG post taking a break today said "We will see each other again I promise".

I do not see that here. 😢

sworddance21

On the Ice
I did. I often try to avoid too much parsing of words, but "reevaluate our options for future seasons." does not sound good. At least Kevin Aymoz in his IG post taking a break today said "We will see each other again I promise".

I do not see that here. 😢
Me, too. I really hope that's not the case. They are my absolute favorite. I'm glad they are taking care of themselves.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am sad about HB withdrawl. Surprised a big no. This was like, sadly, waiting to hear your 18 year old cat needs to be euthanized. You put it off time and time again but eventually the call, the obvious call, has to be made. I just hope HB can make a comeback but I am not hopeful. This is two seasons missed. That good favour is probably lost as a top team. The thing is we may not know what is going on but their skating mates are well aware of the situation. They can tell how teams/skaters are practicing or even more telling not practicing. Somehow the code of silence hides it to us the skating fans but a lot is know and seen at home rinks. I just hope they heal well physically and mentally. Skating especially now with pro skating not so big is not one's entire l ife. They have a great future no matter whether it is skating until 2026 or not.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I practically never participate, but I've submitted my entry into the predictions thread.

I'm predicting a chaotic and somewhat messy event with some podium upsets. Maybe my vibe is just off after Canadian nationals. Maybe I'm a budding Nostradamus.

Time will tell.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I think I've predicted the men's and ice dance champions. The rest is a bit of a random number generator to me. Exciting though!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, most everyone is predicting Emily/Spencer, but I just saw what lack of competition can do... so... I put them third.

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong.
i put them first but i will probably change that soon ;)
my issue is with the new teams that are not even probably eligible to compete internationally yet... how will they do? will the judges not give them the points they deserve knowing they are not yet eligible to go to worlds for instance? I don't think that's a big factor, but it's been done before... (much better marketing to send your podium winners... than your 4th and 5th place finishers right ?)

how many spots for the USA at worlds ? 2 or 3 ?