2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Pretty solid skate by Jun - Good stuff! :) I always enjoy his skating and his -3Lo combination. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. My only minor nitpick was that I found the dangly bits on the back of his costume to be distracting.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They did!

I know @CaroLiza_fan doesn't like it, but I'm not sure what the general opinion is. It seems to be within reason though...like I've never seen the skater currently in 1st place go 1st in the last group or anything like that.

Most of the people that have been commenting about it in the competition threads feel the same as I do. Whether that is representative of the general opinion, though, I don't know. There may be people who like it who just haven't spoken out and said so.

But, it does make the competitions harder to follow. And that is not a good thing if you want to increase the popularity of the sport.

CaroLiza_fan

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Hm, if it wasn’t supposed to be a Batman program, I’ll probably like it more. It needs more raw energy, more passion. And the long preparations for the back-to-back 3As still drive me up the wall. Great 4S and he did well to stay upright on the 4T. He should be on the podium, though. But what color would it be?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That reminds me...isn't Harley Windsor skating for South Korea now? Or did that not happen in the end?

On the plus side, Jun's looking good :cheer:
He had an ankle fracture 9/22 which required surgery. He was in Sochi working on pairs elements with Dmitri Savin and Fedor Klimov 3/23. Far as I know he has no partner currently.

readernick

Medalist
Yeah! Shun gets the silver. I think he is actually happy although you can't tell from his face. I always knew Yuma would win so no surprise there. Happy Jun did better here. Boyang was great. Andrew was beautiful~! Nice competition.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He had an ankle fracture 9/22 which required surgery. He was in Sochi working on pairs elements with Dmitri Savin and Fedor Klimov 3/23. Far as I know he has no partner currently.
I didn't know that, bummer :(

I do remember seeing a post from him on Insta about a Korean pairs partner, but that was probably a while back...

I hope South Korea can get a pairs team though! (That reminds me, what ever happened to the North Korean pairs team? I liked those guys...)

icewhite

Record Breaker
Hm, if it wasn’t supposed to be a Batman program, I’ll probably like it more. It needs more raw energy, more passion. And the long preparations for the back-to-back 3As still drive me up the wall. Great 4S. He should be on the podium, though. But what color would it be?

Imo Jun has some beautiful qualities, but he hasn't had a really good program (=one I liked) since the fate of the clockmaker. Either they have weird cuts or they don't seem to fit him/choreo and music doesn't seem to fully match.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't know that, bummer :(

I do remember seeing a post from him on Insta about a Korean pairs partner, but that was probably a while back...

I hope South Korea can get a pairs team though! (That reminds me, what ever happened to the North Korean pairs team? I liked those guys...)
I did not know it until I looked it up on wiki :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder if the translation in English right now is going from the Japanese, or from the Chinese that's translated from the Japanese. If Google Translate has taught me anything translating a translation can only lead to madness 😅