Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 581 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia95

Medalist
This is why I ask you to give names, who could possibly dedicate his coaching talent to Hanyu alone? Would that be a productive relationship? Does Yuzu want to train on his own- with only a coach being with him on the rink all the time, not a single sparring competitor? Does he really want to win only big medals through the season? Does he want to become same kind of mystery Denis Ten has become?

No doubt in the past a full time coach produced wonders on Yuzuru.

As I wrote to you in my previous message,the name of the hypothetic full time coach obviously depends on where Yuzu wants to live his daily life. It doesn’t seems he wants to live his daily life in Canada, that’s the mystery , after 4 years he still struggles with English language.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Yuzuru does NOT need a coach change or anything as close as this suggestion. The problem was mental. He was under much pressure, and the more we went into the week, the more tense and angry he became, AND being too focus on his goal to win again... things unfortunately went downhill. Javi went as if he had nothing to loose, not going as defending champion and it went to his favour. Chan also collapsed for having much pressure himself and wanting to catch up and FAST. Of course, the ice quality was doubtful, but the problem was trully mental. Yuzuru wasn't relaxed enough and unfortunately, he couldn't skate the way he wanted to. He needs much rest and thinking, that is all. Not a pointless coaching change, that is the last thing he wants (and as some of you said, Brian is clearly one of the best to be with for talks).
Legends don't always win Worlds everytime. After all, Yuna won her titles in 2009 and... 2013!

Yuzuru has already marked history in some many ways, he's already become a legend. And his career isn't even over, whether he really decides to retire in 2018 or later if he feels like he can do even more.

I'll never stop cheering for him. No matter what ups and downs may come. No one has touched me this way as Johnny Weir did before (and boy, did Johnny went through so much s*** during his career), and I don't think it will happen with another skater soon after his retirement. That's just how unique he is to my eyes.
I believe in you, Yuzuru, ALWAYS!:hap10:

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Yuzu was crying to see shoma crying... :cry::cry:
My heart broke again to see his tears... I need some time...

liv

Record Breaker
I like that picture of javi next to yuzu. It shows how compassionate and sensitive he is to seeing others in pain, be it yuzu or shoma there. I still think they are good together, as training mates and sparring partners.

Thanks, ficelle. That there shows a lot. They each know ice is a slippery beast.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
HE HAS A WONDERFUL SOUL ! :2thumbs:

He held back the tears for himself. But he showed tears to see shoma's cry and feel shoma's pain.. (Of course he shared some thoughts..) What a soul like you said...

Last edited:

treeloving

Medalist
So sweet https://twitter.com/chimayu0909/status/716242081430134784?lang=fr :console:

No matter what people can say, they make a good team and are doing good work together.

(sorry if it was already posted)

Javi is truly one of the sweetest , kindest skater completing right now. So down to earth as well. He prove that skater can be super friendly and doesn't need to be super competitive in order to achive great things.

For those who bash him or said Yuzu and him should burn the bridge :disagree:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
No doubt in the past a full time coach produced wonders on Yuzuru.

As I wrote to you in my previous message,the name of the hypothetic full time coach obviously depends on where Yuzu wants to live his daily life. It doesn’t seems he wants to live his daily life in Canada, that’s the mystery , after 4 years he still struggles with English language.
Okay, I got you. I strongly disagree but I'm not going to dig into this anymore.

One last thing: he can't repeat the past as he is a lot different. He's not the same kid anymore.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
You know what- I've been reading the interview from a former Russian coach of Oxana Bauil Mr. Valentin Nikolaev and he said a very interesting thing that if one is skating in Boston in front of a huge American crowd then sad, serious or even tragic music would not do any favor to them. He said that in US people love upbeat programs. So... Javi's LP music was such a great strategic decision! Javi said in his interviews that he felt special skating to Frank Sinatra in Boston and that crowd was very supportive to him.
I think Yuzu needs two upbeat programs next season- dancy jazz, funk, rock'n'roll, sexy blues, something that has happy vibes. This season three of his main programs were so serious and cool that he had to switch from cold passion to Seimei warrior to dramatic Requiem. Do you see where I come from? So to me next season should be a happy themed, no huge epic music too. Light and happy.

liv

Record Breaker
It has been 4 years and I thought he would be better at english too but then you realize how isolated he is. Unless he is at the rink, I doubt he speaks english very much. When not there, he is with mom, goes home and studies, probably watches very little tv, if any at all (thereby missing the greatest english teacher of all... soap operas!!!). And that is only for a few months a year. If he was in canada more, or alone like javi, he would improve drastically out of plain need.

I think he should shock everyone and have one new costume with no bling next season. Yes, I said no bling. Ok, maybe minimal bling is ok too. It is the year for experiments, after all.

giulia95

Medalist
Okay, I got you. I strongly disagree but I'm not going to dig into this anymore.

One last thing: he can't repeat the past as he is a lot different. He's not the same kid anymore.

I agree the past is gone, but full time coaches are not :laugh:

to work together on daily basis looks very common to me and would probably avoid the double standard actually applied to Yuzu by some fans : when Yuzu wins the credit is due to the team, when Yuzu loses it’s totally his own fault.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
It has been 4 years and I thought he would be better at english too but then you realize how isolated he is. Unless he is at the rink, I doubt he speaks english very much. When not there, he is with mom, goes home and studies, probably watches very little tv, if any at all (thereby missing the greatest english teacher of all... soap operas!!!). And that is only for a few months a year. If he was in canada more, or alone like javi, he would improve drastically out of plain need.

I think he should shock everyone and have one new costume with no bling next season. Yes, I said no bling. Ok, maybe minimal bling is ok too. It is the year for experiments, after all.
You forgot to mention video games.:laugh:
BTW (I'm a big fan of make-up) if no bling then he could use highlighting or strobing!:laugh:

Nontama0817

On the Ice
http://moscowm.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-946.html
For those who can read Japanese, this is Tarasova's commentary into Japanese. I hope someone can do translation later directly from Russian to English.

Her comment is warm
"You cannot do WR performance at every competition. He has been creating his records, the records for the entire world and records for the future for the whole season. So he must have been tired at this end of the season.
What I like him about is that he did not need to do that quad in the 2nd half. But that thought never occured to him. That's very Japanese."
"Well he just did not have that energy to break his own record today. BUt He did such a wonderful SP program and it was only 2days ago
"Anyway he has such a big lead in SP, no matter how high others jump or rotates, they cannot reach him" I guess Trasova after his performance still believed Yuzu would win.

yuzuplease

Rinkside
Thanks for the reply guys. Thinking of it now, he needs as much time as he can to recharge before preparing for the next season.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
http://moscowm.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-946.html
For those who can read Japanese, this is Tarasova's commentary into Japanese. I hope someone can do translation later directly from Russian to English.

Her comment is warm
"You cannot do WR performance at every competition. He has been creating his records, the records for the entire world and records for the future for the whole season. So he must have been tired at this end of the season.
What I like him about is that he did not need to do that quad in the 2nd half. But that thought never occured to him. That's very Japanese."
"Well he just did not have that energy to break his own record today. BUt He did such a wonderful SP program and it was only 2days ago
"Anyway he has such a big lead in SP, no matter how high others jump or rotates, they cannot reach him" I guess Trasova after his performance still believed Yuzu would win.
Very accurate. I remember her words, nothing to add. She was very compassionate as well as another commentator. I really want to hear what Rus Eurosport guys have said- I'm going to watch later in the day and try to post if I have the chance.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Are you sure... Lol Yuzuru seems to love bling a lot...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I agree the past is gone, but full time coaches are not :laugh:

to work together on daily basis looks very common to me and would probably avoid the double standard actually applied to Yuzu by some fans : when Yuzu wins the credit is due to the team, when Yuzu loses it’s totally his own fault.
Ouch.
I just thought: we follow his own way of appreciation/ criticizm. Because when he wins he compliments the coach and the entire team. But when he fails- he takes the blame by himsef, always.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.