Jason Brown | Page 205 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So to sum up post in programs thread: Jason's music is Gatsby-style cover of "Love is Blindness" by U2 (from 1991 Achtung Baby album). AKA, not the movie soundtrack. ...

The wording today from FSO Webmaster ‏@fsonline:
... U2's "Love is Blindness"(Jazz Age Mix) performed by The Grey Orchestra from an album called, Themes Inspired by The Great Gatsby
7:49 AM - 2 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/fsonline/status/605748181801021440

https://instagram.com/p/3aD7hsTXI9/?taken-by=jasonbskates

Fun photo of Jason making Okonomiyaki ( a type of Japanese pancake) with Japanese skater Miyu Nakashio and her friend Kiki (not sure if she's a skater also)

Nakashio won JGP Estonia last season. She has the cutest K&C moment ever!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySPDMDwHHM

She must be doing some training with Team KoRo...there's a photo of her at the Monument rink wearing Luke West's Team USA jacket.

RE: Broadmoor schedule. I wonder if Jason will end up doing the SP only. Cause the SP for the combined event is RIGHT before the Aerial jumping challenge. That seems a lot to do back to back. But who knows.

Homemade okonomiyaki :cool:? Looks like a fun cooking -- and eating ;) -- session. (For anyone imagining what they taste like, they are savory pancakes, not sweet.)

Good point re the Broadmoor schedule, Mrs. P.
Maybe a double-edged sword? Perhaps some out-of-town skaters (unlike Jason) who would not have come to the BO at all except for the jump challenge will skate at least the SP only :think:.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene posted in the comments on his Facebook page that the triple/triple comes "after the Russian split", implying that it is in the bonus. I would link, but it's the same link as the SP video.

I do hope they keep the bling away from what is probably suspenders and implied boater hat wear ....

And I will not say one more word about Juke, nonono :laugh2: sitting on my hands.....

Viva Great Gatsby!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I posted, Rohene had not yet confirmed, as he appears to have done now, that the 3-3 is in the bonus. But I love his comment that it just worked out that way, the program is planned to the music not the elements.:love:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I do hope they keep the bling away from what is probably suspenders and implied boater hat wear ....

No hat. It's a prop.

3-3 in the bonus (presumably 3F-3T) is no surprise to me. I'm fairly sure it was in Juke too.

As to the scheduling of the Broadmoor Open, I believe Jason did the jumps comp and the SP on the same day last year as well. I'm rather hoping that a few of those in the jumps contest will also compete in the main event - I would kill to see where Nessun Dorma and Black Swan are at now, and Brendan posted a clippet on his instagram the other day that looked fabulous.

*stomps foot impatiently* I WANT SKATING!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
AFAIR, last year you could pay to see Broadmoor, and you could watch the programs on demand as well, so I suspect you will get your wish!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, I've subscribed for Broadmoor for a couple of years now. It's excellent because you get a discount on the next year's if you're a renewing subscriber.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
does anyone know what's with the Japanese fan art of Jason with what looks like Tribbles? (probably baby chicks, but just curious...)

Josh and Jason:

https://twitter.com/sergey_haegiv/status/606119941473857536/photo/1

Jason:

https://twitter.com/moon_g_rvd/status/606048733596282880

(this poster also has a cute drawing of the end of Cotton-Eyed Joe as his/her avatar).

Cute pictures!

The first thing that comes to my mind is that Jason and Josh are "chick magnets." ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
does anyone know what's with the Japanese fan art of Jason with what looks like Tribbles? (probably baby chicks, but just curious...)

Josh and Jason:

https://twitter.com/sergey_haegiv/status/606119941473857536/photo/1

Jason:

https://twitter.com/moon_g_rvd/status/606048733596282880

(this poster also has a cute drawing of the end of Cotton-Eyed Joe as his/her avatar).

I believe it's Bird Day or something? There was some talk about it in the Plushy thread, because there's been a glut of fanart of Plushy with the cute little chickies too.

Poor Josh looks somewhat terrified and Jason looks like he's 100% at home. Accurate. :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:) I added it to the OP. I don't know about Mrs. P, but I search youtube, dailymotion, rutube and youku for videos. I only go to ustream if I remember that it was used and I absolutely cannot find video of a program somewhere else. I have particularly neglected summer championships, since the scores are not as readily available, and if the event is on something like ustream, where they may or may not expire (Canadian summer championships are on there, I know). Some of the streaming sites delete the videos after a couple months. My idea was that I want the vids in OPs to be ones that are likely to stay valid for the long haul, because I don't want some poor new poster to come upon an OP and find lots of invalid links. :slink: nor do I want to have to edit them out on any more regular basis than an annual/semi-annual dust and brush. It appears that Broadmoor maintains its archive rather than letting all the vids disappear periodically :cheer: I need to find out more about it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:) I added it to the OP. I don't know about Mrs. P, but I search youtube, dailymotion, rutube and youku for videos. I only go to ustream if I remember that it was used and I absolutely cannot find video of a program somewhere else. I have particularly neglected summer championships, since the scores are not as readily available, and if the event is on something like ustream, where they may or may not expire (Canadian summer championships are on there, I know). Some of the streaming sites delete the videos after a couple months. My idea was that I want the vids in OPs to be ones that are likely to stay valid for the long haul, because I don't want some poor new poster to come upon an OP and find lots of invalid links. :slink: nor do I want to have to edit them out on any more regular basis than an annual/semi-annual dust and brush. It appears that Broadmoor maintains its archive rather than letting all the vids disappear periodically :cheer: I need to find out more about it.

Many thanks for explaining your rationale, Doris. I was and am fine that what you add to the OPs is at your discretion :).

That said, the reason that I offered the Broadmoor link (and the Quebec link for Castelli/Tran) is that I completely misunderstood one of the goals of your OPs -- or rather one of the non-goals, as I now see.
I was thinking in a totally different way -- that the OPs could/would serve an additional valuable purpose as a place to preserve otherwise hard-to-find and/or easily-forgotten links, no matter what the platform. I have gotten the impression that with or without scores, some diehard fans seem to enjoy tracing the evolution of a program such as T and I back to its very first performance (which I think was the BO?). Or the evolution of a partnership such as C/T back to its earliest beginnings.

I guess it's just me, but if I were a new fan, the possibility of access to an old video to which I would otherwise be oblivious would outweigh the risk that a link might have died by the time I click on it.
But I know that you are a perfectionist, and my intention certainly was not to create concern over the viability of links for eternity.

Thanks again for your incredible commitment to the fan threads and to GS as a whole :).

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes, I've subscribed for Broadmoor for a couple of years now. It's excellent because you get a discount on the next year's if you're a renewing subscriber.

I tried to buy a few times last year but my money was no good for them :(

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
golden411, I do love rare links, and you are correct, that I hope they will be posted, but I am more careful with the OPs than perhaps I should be. Broken links in a website are a problem. When a youtube link is bad, it defaults to www.youtube.com with a Sorry message, so it isn't broken from a maintenance standpoint. Some other sites are not as pleasantly structured.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
https://instagram.com/p/3aD7hsTXI9/?taken-by=jasonbskates

Fun photo of Jason making Okonomiyaki ( a type of Japanese pancake) with Japanese skater Miyu Nakashio and her friend Kiki (not sure if she's a skater also)

Nakashio won JGP Estonia last season. She has the cutest K&C moment ever!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySPDMDwHHM

She must be doing some training with Team KoRo...there's a photo of her at the Monument rink wearing Luke West's Team USA jacket.

Sharing Miyu's account of training with Team KoRo translated by FSU's rosewood. She has lovely things to say about her training mates and Jason in particular.

Click on this link for the whole story:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...g-news-after-sochi.91545/page-26#post-4533220

Maybe people who are interested in Brown & Ade's group enjoy this article written by Miyu Nakashio who is training with them (planned for two months from May).

I started training in the US from May - I focus on skating almost all day long
(my rough translation)

Now I'm in the US!

On May 11 I started training here at Colorado Sports Center in Monument, CO.

The rink circumstances are not as bad as in Japan, but it was surprising to see even here 25 skaters skate together on the ice at the same time. Sometimes we are almost colliding, or sometimes cutting across someone's course. At this rink no one gets angry. They just apologize saying "sorry" with smiles and leave.

I think it is surely thanks to Jason. He is very focused as well as he is an amusing person who makes jokes. And his attitude is always the same to everyone, whoever it is. With having such nice person, everyone is training so much comfortably at this rink.
After starting training here, I re-found that I am supported by everyone around me.

Photo: http://img.mainichi.jp/mainichi.jp/sports/images/20150604mog00m050016000p_size8.jpg

Thanks to rosewood for the nice story!

Last edited by a moderator:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That's a lovely story. Thanks for sharing!

I'm afraid I must be the one to bring some bad news to the thread. When I woke up and checked my emails this morning, I found I had one from Wheat Designs, who are the company that have streamed the Broadmoor Open in years past. I figured this was their usual "returning subscribers get x discount for Broadmoor Open!" email, and opened it to have a look, but sadly...this is what it said:

We regret to inform you that we will not be providing the webcast for the 2015 Broadmoor Open. Due to changing circumstances outside of Wheat Design's control that would affect the broadcast, we have unfortunately had to make the difficult business decision to sit out of providing this year's event.

My guess is that the "changing circumstances" might actually be the new format of the jump event. I am hoping really hard that there will be an alternate live streaming location for the event. It wouldn't make sense to me that Tom Z and co would have spent all this time and energy organising the new event only to have it invisible. If there is an alternate live stream, I hope it includes the actual competition and not just the jump event...

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for reprinting the translation, Maria Victoria! I think I saw links to the actual newspaper on Jason's Japanese Fan club Twitter accounts (he now has two fan club Twitters, as far as I can tell), but Bing Translate couldn't handle it.