Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 390 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

bramweld

Record Breaker
Though I shouldn't read too much into a fb page, the Leon (The Professional) soundtrack would be great for them. Shape of Your Heart would be ideal. The lead role of Leon is actually perfect for Ruslan. Happy dreaming, of course.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
So many good options for music choices and roles to play. It will be a real shame if they don't stay on board for at least one more Olympic cycle.

Recently I dreamed them performing to a song used from the Bulgarian RG team(which brought them gold). So I took this and the name of the song "The adamants" as a sign that they will fight their way to the top and they will not give up. I really wish this for them. Of course I couldn't help and made a video edit with Frida and Carmen moments on the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPsWkEADzjI

Marta25

Medalist
So many good options for music choices and roles to play. It will be a real shame if they don't stay on board for at least one more Olympic cycle.

Recently I dreamed them performing to a song used from the Bulgarian RG team(which brought them gold). So I took this and the name of the song "The adamants" as a sign that they will fight their way to the top and they will not give up. I really wish this for them. Of course I couldn't help and made a video edit with Frida and Carmen moments on the song:

I also hope that they will stay until 2022. They are only going to be 23 and 25 in 2018. I sometimes forget how young Elena was when she won Olympic Bronze. The youngest Olympic Medalist in ice dance since Marina Klimova :)

I remember one of the articles after they teamed up mentioning that one of the reasons she chose Ruslan was because he was closer to her age than her other options like Tkachenko, so hopefully they will stay beyond 2018. :)

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I also hope that they will stay until 2022. They are only going to be 23 and 25 in 2018. I sometimes forget how young Elena was when she won Olympic Bronze. The youngest Olympic Medalist in ice dance since Marina Klimova :)

I remember one of the articles after they teamed up mentioning that one of the reasons she chose Ruslan was because he was closer to her age than her other options like Tkachenko, so hopefully they will stay beyond 2018. :)

I really hope that this is the case. But I guess that I will be at peace only when they confirm it officially that they are planning to do so.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I love this! thanks for doing!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm just going to assume they are going to stick around until 2022 until they say otherwise... even thinking about the alternative breaks my heart.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker

Marta25

Medalist

uhh

Medalist
Maybe they'll do some shows? I want them to just work for next year, but also I want them to have a chance to put a run of clean performances together.

On a related note, I've heard that next year, the SD requires only the 1st half of the midnight blues. The 2nd half is going to be a partial sequence (probably like the paso partial with key steps) and then I guess they'll also have the non touching sequence back? Or maybe another longer in hold sequence. If it is an in hold sequence I hope they stay away from hip hop because I just can't see that working out.

Marta25

Medalist
I think it made sense to introduce a step sequence in hold for the Waltz SD, but dancing in hold to a hip hop would only end up in a disaster, IMO. Maybe they could introduce an option where teams who choose the hip hop can do a non-touching step sequence, whereas the teams using a Swing, have to do a step sequence in hold. :think:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think it made sense to introduce a step sequence in hold for the Waltz SD, but dancing in hold to a hip hop would only end up in a disaster, IMO. Maybe they could introduce an option where teams who choose the hip hop can do a non-touching step sequence, whereas the teams using a Swing, have to do a step sequence in hold. :think:

I doubt they'd do this because even though the short dance is much different from what the compulsory dances used to be part of the point is still supposed to be to directly compare teams on some things. I think having some teams do non-touching while having other teams in hold would be too much for the ISU to consider, though I wouldn't be upset to be wrong.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Whatever they do next season, I hope they choose costumes that show off Ruslan's beautiful body and posturing. Lena is absolutely lovely. She needs a bit of colour or at the very least shimmer. I'm looking at Cizeron in his FD costume going, man those judges are having a good time :yes: Ruslan has one cool figure, reminds me of Scott Moir in the day...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Whatever they do next season, I hope they choose costumes that show off Ruslan's beautiful body and posturing. Lena is absolutely lovely. She needs a bit of colour or at the very least shimmer. I'm looking at Cizeron in his FD costume going, man those judges are having a good time :yes: Ruslan has one cool figure, reminds me of Scott Moir in the day...

Yessss Ruslan needs to be able to let his sexy out... and also show his fabulous lines. I have been frustrated that his clothing hides his lines somewhat since they really are not bad.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yessss Ruslan needs to be able to let his sexy out... and also show his fabulous lines. I have been frustrated that his clothing hides his lines somewhat since they really are not bad.

:agree: Ehem, they are very good :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

:yes2: and adding his and Gabriella's Art of Ice number with no sleeves, showing off these arms :drama: :love:

on the point - yes to Ruslan getting more 'showing-off' costumes! And Elena to get some sparkles!

bramweld

Record Breaker
:yes2: and adding his and Gabriella's Art of Ice number with no sleeves, showing off these arms :drama: :love:

on the point - yes to Ruslan getting more 'showing-off' costumes! And Elena to get some sparkles!

:agree:

EDIT: These two remind me of P/C in that I don't see a string of elements but an actual dance, even from the very beginning. I hope this off-season is very productive for them, even though it will be challenging. They are a very special team.

Last edited:

LenaRusfan

Rinkside
So funny ;-)
Miss Ruslan and Elena.
Hope they are working on the new programs that will bring them success and medals they well deserve.