Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

alain06fr

On the Ice
They didn't specify but I think it's the sd lift or the second lift of the free dance. I will be at the practice tomorrow 🙂

I will be there as well! Can't wait watching the changes (lift, step sequence I guess)!
FYI, it was really nice to see both Gabriella and Guillaume attending the Junior Ice Dance competition. When I think they were still Juniors 3 years ago only... What a meteoric rise! I just asked Guillaume if they were not too tired after all those trips and time shifts but he replied they were OK. At least, he looked to me rested and serene.

Gabriella and Guillaume left the rink after the Junior Short Dance and they came back in the rink to be next to the French Minister of Sport, who came to Marseille to support the ISU Grand Prix Final. Now, I have to tell you something that some of you may find completely stupid but... After they won both European & World championships in 2015 at 19 and 20 years old, I thought the french President should invite them to congratulate them for their talent and the values they embody (humility, fairness, hard working, honesty, etc). It's completely obvious Gabriella and Guillaume don't care of being invited or not at the Elysée Palace but still, they both are among the best ambassadors of France around the World....

Last edited:

yuna13

On the Ice
I will be there as well! Can't wait watching the changes (lift, step sequence I guess)!
FYI, it was really nice to see both Gabriella and Guillaume attending the Junior Ice Dance competition. When I think they were still Juniors 3 years ago only... What a meteoric rise! I just asked Guillaume if they were not too tired after all those trips and time shifts but he replied they were OK. At least, he looked to me rested and serene.

Gabriella and Guillaume left the rink after the Junior Short Dance and they came back in the rink to be next to the French Minister of Sport, who came to Marseille to support the ISU Grand Prix Final. Now, I have to tell you something that some of you may find completely stupid but... After they won both European & World championships in 2015 at 19 and 20 years old, I thought the french President should invite them to congratulate them for their talent and the values they embody (humility, fairness, hard working, honesty, etc). It's completely obvious Gabriella and Guillaume don't care of being invited or not at the Elysée Palace but still, they both are among the best ambassadors of France around the World....

100% agree with you! Specially cause they did what no one fault possible, Unfortunately in France you need a gold medal at Olympic Games to be recognised! Je croise les doigts pour 2018 et pour qu'ils soient enfin reconnu à leur juste valeur en france. A demain Alain. 🙂

Last edited:

maya1985

On the Ice
It is only a matter of hours before seeing them skating and seeing the changes.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to see the short dance live (I will be at the airport for... Marseille) but I hope good news at landing.
Apparently we can go to the practices so I know what to do Saturday morning

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Thanks to all of you for your live reporting, it's always nice to hear little details. Please keep us informed during or after the practices :thumbsup:

yuna13

On the Ice
Very good practice for them. The first time they did the twizzles it wasn't perfect but they did it again with the music =perfection!!! I was a bit afraid cause they were so close of each other. Good speed, they did their lift right in front of me! I had a smile in my face the all time they were on the ice so when Guillame looked at me I felt like a ten year old girl!!!stupid smile!!!! :love: Really the best 5euros I ever spend!!! You could be so close of them and really see their expression. The kids loved the twizzles and the lift. Tessa mother was there during the practice. Ps: the lift change is in the free! I bet on the second.

Last edited:

Spot

On the Ice
At least the gap has closed. Guillaume seems to be the more nervous of the two...I hope he can use that nervous energy as further motivation in the FD!

yuna13

On the Ice
the draw for the free is out they skate first then the shibs then V/M :cry:

no they won't win but i will see them live so no bitterness or sadness i'm so Lucky that they are competing in my hometown. so i'm going try to be hopeful i guess we never know right?? i'm trying....

maya1985

On the Ice
I just hope that tomorrow they will skate without too much pression (not like the Nhk)
the Shibutani ... I don't understand (this must help to have their former coach in the technical panel)
Gabriella shines in this short dance, the expression of her face is incredible, she is also an actress
I will go to the practice tomorrow ...to encourage them. I hope at least they will finish second...

Spot

On the Ice
I had tears in my eyes at the end of their program...and as I said in the event thread, I just never want their programs to end, but this one and today more so than ever. I really don't care if they win or lose...winning would be nice obviously, but it just seems secondary to the art they present and the emotions they evoke.

yuna13

On the Ice
I had tears in my eyes at the end of their program...and as I said in the event thread, I just never want their programs to end, but this one and today more so than ever. I really don't care if they win or lose...winning would be nice obviously, but it just seems secondary to the art they present and the emotions they evoke.
Well said. It was magical to see them live!

AliAle

On the Ice
So happy for them that they had a clean skate despite the obvious emotions. I really question the L3 twizzles from a technical pov to be honest, otherwise they would've been super close to Tessa and Scott.
Anyway, I'm sure they'll go back to Montreal with new fire and motivation and come back stronger for the Europeans and Worlds!

yuna13

On the Ice
Live report: I'm trying to find words it's hard specially in English. They have this thing " ce je ne sais quoi" what can not be teach, you have it or you don't. My hands were blocked I couldn't move and I couldn't applauded during their lift, twizzles.. Like the time for 4 min just stop. My mum was speechless and she doesn't understand how and why the can are first. For her the French and hubbell and Donohue were the best so I had to explain her politics and other stuff and then she said "you know what I wanted them to win but I'm grateful to be witness of such performance I will always remember it". In French (sorry) ils sont juste incroyable, léger, c'est comme si ils touchaient à peine la glace. Comme j'aurais aimé chante la marseillaise avec eux. Merci gabriella, merci Guillaume.

Last edited:

Spot

On the Ice
Live report: I'm trying to find words it's hard specially in English. They have this thing " ce je ne sais quoi" what can not be teach, you have it or you don't. My hands were blocked I couldn't move and I couldn't applauded during their lift, twizzles.. Like the time for 4 min just stop. My mum was speechless and she doesn't understand how and why the can are first. For her the French and hubbell and Donohue were the best so I had to explain her politics and other stuff and then she said "you know what I wanted them to win but I'm grateful to be witness of such performance I will always remember it". In French (sorry) ils sont juste incroyable, léger, c'est comme si ils touchaient à peine la glace. Comme j'aurais aimé chante la marseillaise avec eux. Merci gabriella, merci Guillaume.

Agreed of course about Gabriella and Guillaume (my mother also agrees:))...but also about Madison and Zach, they were my second favourites for sure!

yuna13

On the Ice
Just came back of the snack place where I let my ears opened and I heard a conversation about ice dance and guess what people who were not French said : the French should have won the free. They also said that the shibs being far from P/C and V/M was right. I smiled when I heard people referring to Gabriella and guillaume as the French. They called the over by their names.

Last edited: