Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

maya1985

On the Ice
It is hardly at the beginning of the season 2016/2017, we may be waiting a little before thinking about their retirement:drama: but yes I also think that the question will arise after the olympics games especially if there is victory at the end.
They will have spent more than half their lives skating together, they may want to take a break, maybe not.
I do not want to think about this eventuality, I rather want to think about the NHK to start :luv17:

maya1985

On the Ice
I cross my fingers for them, the draw is not terrible (they will skate second with the withdrawal of the Japanese). Allez Gabriella et Guillaume :luv17: Full of good waves from France:ghug:. Coffee will be needed tomorrow at 5 am (French time):bed::coffee:

Spot

On the Ice
I woke up at 5:30 am to watch...and their faces in K&C said it all after that score. I hope the free dance is better for them!

maya1985

On the Ice
It's official I hate to see them sad:(.The disappointment must be enormous but they must remobilize for the free. I don't understand this gap:confused2: I really hope that tomorrow is a better day for them:yes2:, and that they manage to reduce the gap a bit.

maya1985

On the Ice
Yes, Gabriella and Guillaume are human, and yes they are young and have not yet accumulate the experience of other couples .
Be a champion, it's also knowing defeats and knowing how to rebound. There are bad days (Cup of Russia in 2013 but they were still practically unknown).
The pressure must be enormous: yes, it was the first competition with V/M, they failed, it is not the end of their career or the end of their success. V/M are immense champions with much more experience than P/C, they usually train with their rivals, manage competitions "against" them. P/C not yet but how could it? I also think that the team underestimated the impact of this new situation, I really hope that they will be super well surrounded to approach Marseille (I hope Haguenauer will reboost them, he in particular because I really think they have a special connection) .
Yes, they lost 8 points compared to Paris, but in Paris it was perfect (or almost), it is this level that they must recover for the final. Yes there is a big gap in the NHK between P/C and V/M but P/C did not really skate well.
My wish for Marseille: that they leave the ice with a smile and that they wait for the notes laughing. Seeing Gaby and Guillaume also sad "makes me sick".

As usual sorry for grammatical errors

Spot

On the Ice
Yes, Gabriella and Guillaume are human, and yes they are young and have not yet accumulate the experience of other couples .
Be a champion, it's also knowing defeats and knowing how to rebound. There are bad days (Cup of Russia in 2013 but they were still practically unknown).
The pressure must be enormous: yes, it was the first competition with V/M, they failed, it is not the end of their career or the end of their success. V/M are immense champions with much more experience than P/C, they usually train with their rivals, manage competitions "against" them. P/C not yet but how could it? I also think that the team underestimated the impact of this new situation, I really hope that they will be super well surrounded to approach Marseille (I hope Haguenauer will reboost them, he in particular because I really think they have a special connection) .
Yes, they lost 8 points compared to Paris, but in Paris it was perfect (or almost), it is this level that they must recover for the final. Yes there is a big gap in the NHK between P/C and V/M but P/C did not really skate well.
My wish for Marseille: that they leave the ice with a smile and that they wait for the notes laughing. Seeing Gaby and Guillaume also sad "makes me sick".

As usual sorry for grammatical errors

Well said! This was a tough competition but they are strong enough to recover and handle the situation or to adjust if necessary! Good luck to them!

alain06fr

On the Ice
I posted this comment in another thread but I wanted to post it here as well....
We clearly saw the two P/C mistakes in the FD but the FD is not the issue as the drama played out at the end of the SD. Let me explain a bit:

When the SD results are displayed, both Gabriella and Guillaume are extremely and badly surprised (well, we all saw that!). Given their performance, none of them expected such a low TES. It's a clear and simple fact. It’s a complete surprise, that’s the least we can say... Romain Haguenauer is so surprised that he moves the head down to check the small screens... as if the scores displayed on the big screen could be different but the scores are obviously identical! Romain then looks to Gabriella and Guillaume as they know better than anyone else whether they made significant mistakes… or not… And Romain immediately reads on Gabriella and Guillaume’s faces their big disappointment and moreover their total disapproval. That’s why he asks them this famous “Non…? “ (meaning "I don't get that, what about you?") to which Guillaume replies and confirms his disapproval with a clear “Non!”.

To sum up, two decisions are questionable: The level2 of the partial step sequence (impacting the base value by 1.5 point!) and the low GOES of the “Not Touching Midline Step Sequence”. On my side, I am unable to find obvious mistakes motivating both decisions but I am not judge! The most annoying thing is the bad and huge surprise and moreover complete disapproval of both Gabriella and Guillaume. Given the performance, mistakes leading to a loss of roughly 4 points (!) should be undisputed and justified and it sounds like this is not clearly the case…

liv

Record Breaker
I am unaware of what they did in the short dance because I did not watch it, but it was obvious that the FD was not strong for them. So, they regroup and will do better. They are such a great team, with such great qualities that one off competition should not bring them down too much. Recently they have not been in the position of losing, so that is again an experience a young team can learn from. I think it is good that the GPF is so soon after NHK so that they can compete again, hopefully without mistakes, and then they will feel better right away. It should also give a better indication of what is wrong or right. If the SD once again receives marks that are lower than what they expected, then they will need to figure out what went wrong.

yuna13

On the Ice
theirs face after the sd and the free dance... :cry:

the fact is no one understand the sd score!! it's easy to diggest something when there is an explanation which isn't the case for the short. that's why they were stressed for the fd , i guess they lost confidence.

ps: today i saw gpf ads in Marseille with gabby and guillaume :) they are on a lot of bus!

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I feel so depressed at their result:(. but we don’t need to get depressed. Akiko says to watch V/M’s performance of FD, she had tears in her eyes. V/M did their best. On the other, P/C’s movements were not those of theirs. We can expect more from P/C. Go! :hap10:

BTW, this is the video of the interview before EX. They appeared around 16:00. The question was the way of spending off days. their pictures are cute!:luv17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FYbnFGiDm4

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Guys don't worry. I'm super sad they lost to Canadians here but I'm sure they needed it. Over the last two years there was no real threat to them at Ice Dance field, and before Olympics they have to learn how to deal with loosing. They didn't had ocasion to do so. I bet they will regroup and maybe rework some parts of their material and we will see so super results of it as their FD last year at Worlds.

Rossig

On the Ice
I feel so depressed at their result. but we don’t need to get depressed.

It was only one of many GP competitions, where they lost to Olympic champions, much more experienced ice dancers. No need to be depressed. Worlds and especially Olympics next year are so much more important. If they lose there, then you can start feeling depressed <wink>

yuna13

On the Ice
the draw is out P/C skate third after C/B (1) and V/M (2)

i wished for them to skate after V/M I should of specify after but not right after.

you can't have it all i guess.

Last edited: