Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

maya1985

On the Ice
Gabriella and Guillaume: chapeau les artistes!
3 words: emotion, "chair de poule ", Thanks
Magnificent program, emotion and still emotion.
They were happy, it was beautiful to see. I have never seen them so moved (émus ), Gabriella finishes the program in tears.
I don't understand this scores, It's little compared to their performance.
Put the Canadians first on the free dance... for me it's a joke. I have this feeling unpleasant that everything doesn't happen on the ice.
J
Merci Gabriella and Guillaume for your unforgettable Rendez-vous à Caen:love:

Last edited:

Manchu10

Match Penalty
I also think so... the coach and choreography are crucial in figure skating field. Apparently, they were the 1st skaters of them before v/m came. I feel their relationships with the coaches somewhat changed after that.

No doubt about that. Marie-France is favoring v/m over p/c. The fact that v/m are Canadian like her might explain why.
Look at the end of the medal ceremony of this GPF and you will see that she prefers v/m. Marie-France was taking pictures of v/m with her Iphone while p/c stayed in the arena with fans.
But p/c's English is terrible and this is why they really like Marie-France because she can speak French since she's from Quebec. It's gonna be impossible for them to find another coach as good as Marie-France and who can speak French. In ice dancing, I think the language is very important. So, I don't really know if it's a good decision to change their coach or no.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
No doubt about that. Marie-France is favoring v/m over p/c. The fact that v/m are Canadian like her might explain why.
Look at the end of the medal ceremony of this GPF and you will see that she prefers v/m. Marie-France was taking pictures of v/m with her Iphone while p/c stayed in the arena with fans.
But p/c's English is terrible and this is why they really like Marie-France because she can speak French since she's from Quebec. It's gonna be impossible for them to find another coach as good as Marie-France and who can speak French. In ice dancing, I think the language is very important. So, I don't really know if it's a good decision to change their coach or no.

Why do you even bother coming in a P/C FAN thread ? You're clearly not a fan. I think they should have won the FD but of course not the SD as they made couple of costly mistakes. So the overall placement is fair. If you're so happy for V/M good for you, you can go post in the V/M fan thread and trash the French as much as you'd like over there.
Second, all this coaches talk is utter nonsense. Fans need to stop making up stories out of insignificant things like photo sessions. V/M have 2 olympic cycles more worth of experience on the senior circuit and they are older. That is all. Experience is key and the French will learn it this year. They are still incredibly young so this is great for them to go up against great experienced skaters like V/M. But again imo on the FD, the French were outstanding and that is what Yuna13 was saying, she was not talking about the whole competition.

glam

On the Ice
How long you, Manchu10, have been following their career? Because some of your statements are bizarre. I don't think there's anything wrong with their coaching situation. I think M-F really understands their style and is able to create them programs they deserve. V/M's programs are collaboration with David Wilson and I think you can clearly see the difference in them. Also P&C's English in not terrible, I just listened their press conferences after sd and fd and they both speak really good English! And Romain Hagenauer has been a very important coach to them too, and he's French.

yuna13

On the Ice
How long you, Manchu10, have been following their career? Because some of your statements are bizarre. I don't think there's anything wrong with their coaching situation. I think M-F really understands their style and is able to create them programs they deserve. V/M's programs are collaboration with David Wilson and I think you can clearly see the difference in them. Also P&C's English in not terrible, I just listened their press conferences after sd and fd and they both speak really good English! And Romain Hagenauer has been a very important coach to them too, and he's French.

where can you see the press conference?

Spot

On the Ice
Well, it seems highly likely that Romain prefers P/C since he's coached them since they were 13/14, and if P/C feel in any way disadvantaged, I'm sure they'll do whatever is best for them. For now though, I think it's too early to say...but in general I do think it is complicated to train with your direct rivals.

As for their English: On social media it seems really good to me (easier than speaking it of course, but still) and doesn't Gabriella's father live in Texas? I'm sure she visits him etc... so that must help.

Manchu10

Match Penalty

I was just trying to find out the reasons why P&C didn't skate well in this event and in NHK. So, if there are no reasons or excuses, that means V/M are just better skaters overall and this is why they beat P&C twice already.

maya1985

On the Ice
Ok you gave us your point of view, splendid! You don't like Gabriella and Guillaume, no problem but seriously it may not be the place (in this part of the forum) to be happy with their defeat:bang:

Manchu10

Match Penalty
Ok you gave us your point of view, splendid! You don't like Gabriella and Guillaume, no problem but seriously it may not be the place (in this part of the forum) to be happy with their defeat:bang:

Who said I don't like them? They were my favorite couple before V/M come back to the competition. Now, I still like them even if I prefer V/M. What I don't like is yuna13's comments. She is always talking trash about P&C's opponents and her arguments are terrible. Saying that judges are favoring V/M is disrespectful for those wonderful skaters.

maya1985

On the Ice
Who said I don't like them? They were my favorite couple before V/M come back to the competition. Now, I still like them even if I prefer V/M. What I don't like is yuna13's comments. She is always talking trash about P&C's opponents and her arguments are terrible. Saying that judges are favoring V/M is disrespectful for those wonderful skaters.

Surprising reaction then ...:laugh: I don't even want to imagine your reaction if you did not like them:biggrin:
There is nothing disrespectful about thinking and saying (I also think so) that P/C should have won the free dance
It is your reaction and your arguments ("P/C's english is not terrible"...:laugh15:) that are disrespectful for P/C (also wonderful skaters)

Plumededragon

Medalist
There's no favoritism regarding coach, stop that BS right away. It's bad enough to see some stupid Yuzu fans thinking that Brian prefers Javi just because Javi won Worlds twice, there's no need to make up stuff like this. M-F loves them both, and V/M have a good influence on P/C. And for good reason! 27-year old, with more experience and more titles and so on... it pushes them to work harder and make progress. V/M have praised P/C more than once before and the two duo get along with no problem.
I'm happy for P/C to have done so well and grab silver.

I'm gonna summarize it (if someone wants to make full translation, please do it :))
They mainly talk about how they just want to skate their own style. Talking about how in ice dance, rules are very complicated and changed every year. They want to do their own style and are attracted to music that have irregular beats (not sure if it makes sense in English, but basically, they mostly like to skate on unfamiliar music), but they adapt because the rules do not give total freedom on music choices. They also mentioned that Ice Dancing should gradually become more about dance than about sport. For example, they were inspired by "Le Parc" from Angelin Preljocaj for their Mozart FP because of the way the dancers move.Regarding the costumes, it is said that FS costumes can be subject to teasing. Something that Guillaume admit is true, but that for figure skaters, to have sparkly costumes is perfectly normal.
This season, pants are allowed but in the SD only. Something that Gabriella regrets because she sees no reason why they should be forced to wear a dress otherwise. Basically, she calls out the lack of freedom the ice dancers have when it comes to costumes (understandable imo).
They also talk about the complexity of ID scoring. Guillaume calls it a "700-page massive book", with the requested patterns and rules... and it changes every year, so it's quite complicated. But they try to make the best of it at doing things that are unexpected and not forbidden in the rules yet. Because you stand out more at being original.
And last, they make comments on French commentators Nelson Monfort et Philipe Candeloro who are known to make inappropriate comments (not gonna quote :no:) and create unnecessary drama (which is true as well, I hate them). P/C don't let this faze them but it annoys them that come commentators like to create fire for no more reason than creating unnecessary drama.