2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Ender

Match Penalty
Alina Zagitova
SP: Black Swan, The Middle of the World, Moonlight
FS: Don Quixote (repeat)

Source
The point is will she fix her posture especially her leaning forward even while skating?
At this rate I assume Medvedeva will repeat her hand gesture FS she did when she won her first WC title. It's actually a nice choice.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Backloading might have a goal (gaining more points)

It's the backloading & her consistency that makes Zagitova competitive. Without it, she loses to a whole flock of young Japanese girls. I like Don Quixote, and I love the red tutu. She is a young skater. Better to embrace that than to pretend to be something she isn't. The short was her weaker vehicle last season, and the free held up at Russian Nationals. So if the goal is to make it to the Olympics, this is not a bad choice.

But in the senior ranks, she's the one chasing. And chasing with a repeat program that didn't hold up PCS-wise to Medvedeva or a substantial number of ladies at senior Worlds seems like handing over the game before it has even begun.

(I would say the same to Shoma, despite the fact that we have good reason to believe his choreography will be different. At this point, we have no good reason to believe Zagitova's will).

sarama

Medalist

It's the backloading & her consistency that makes Zagitova competitive. Without it, she loses to a whole flock of young Japanese girls. I like Don Quixote, and I love the red tutu. She is a young skater. Better to embrace that than to pretend to be something she isn't. The short was her weaker vehicle last season, and the free held up at Russian Nationals. So if the goal is to make it to the Olympics, this is not a bad choice.

But in the senior ranks, she's the one chasing. And chasing with a repeat program that didn't hold up PCS-wise to Medvedeva or a substantial number of ladies at senior Worlds seems like handing over the game before it has even begun.

I am basically saying the same things as you: she should still backload, but with a program that doesn't make her look like a dynamo rushing through elements, and highlights the fact that she is unpolished and ballet isn't really her thing IMHO.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Yuna Shiraiwa

SP: La fille aux cheveux de lin
FP: Pictures at an Exhibition

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Year of ultimate warhorses and recycles :hopelessness:
I actually like these choices: it's Olympic year after all, everyone tries to do something that makes a splash. Plus, if there's one of the up-and-comers who can sell Turandot, that's Marin: she was able to make R&J look even close to fresh and exciting, after all :luv17:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Kihira Rika SP Kung Fu Piano
LP La Strada

Nika09

On the Ice
Well, I'm also not a big fan of Zagitova's LP (I'd rather prefer repeat of her SP) but this season everyone, either man and ladies, is going to come out what they comfortable with, why she who is just 15 y/o and going to seniors, shouldn't? Even though I don't think it will help her to receive high enough for GM PCS (or anyone else actually, neither any Japanese nor Canadian ladies). Let's see what she will do with "Black Swan".

Now I'm curious about Sakamoto's programs more than Honda's actually. Maybe it because "Dance Macabre" is one of my favorite warhorses, and I never like "Turandot".

Anyway good luck to everyone, especially to juniors who will skate as senior first time in Olympic season.

andromache

Record Breaker
I've never been a Madame Butterfly fan. Even Mao's didn't do it for me. Disappointing choice from Satoko, especially given how strong her LP was last season.

I love Turandot. It's my favorite warhorse. Marin can probably do it justice - but I hope it's a little more interesting choreographically than R&J was, which felt super vanilla.

Ender

Match Penalty
At least Hanyu can say: "I repeat my program but no one has ever skated to Chopin Ballade in competition before me!"

Japan team this season is full of warhorse. I am kinda disappointed.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I was hoping Sakamoto would reuse her LP from last season since she didn't get to compete at 4CC and Worlds with it.