2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 78 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

kenboy123

On the Ice
Just wonder what the plan is for Nationals... any autograph sessions or anything like that?

Thanks. Please remember I'm a "New Guy" here.

Welcome "new guy", i'm the new guy too...don't be afraid to ask the stupid questions because i'll probably be asking the stupid questions too..lol, i think you are probably a "older" fan of figure skating since i've only recently got into it...lol...

kenboy123

On the Ice
I wish everyone a happy Nationals seasons (for all nations)...even though winners of the Canadian nationals should be pretty obvious, Russia and Japan had theirs this week...looking forward to the Russians and Canadians comparisons for the team event...should we assume that the top Russians skaters at the Nationals are the ones going to the Olympics??? (assuming all of them can and decide to show up)...i have no idea when the entries are even announced....

cinuka

Rinkside
I wish everyone a happy Nationals seasons (for all nations)...even though winners of the Canadian nationals should be pretty obvious, Russia and Japan had theirs this week...looking forward to the Russians and Canadians comparisons for the team event...should we assume that the top Russians skaters at the Nationals are the ones going to the Olympics??? (assuming all of them can and decide to show up)...i have no idea when the entries are even announced....

I think Russia usually announces their Olympic team after Euros and Canada after Canadian nationals.

cinuka

Rinkside
And I know she's been to Cricket Club's Worlds simulation in the past.

Do you know if the Cricket Club will hold a simulation for the Olympics (that would be open to the public)? I keep missing their World's simulation! :(

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
Welcome "new guy", i'm the new guy too...don't be afraid to ask the stupid questions because i'll probably be asking the stupid questions too..lol, i think you are probably a "older" fan of figure skating since i've only recently got into it...lol...

Well new guy at going to skating events and this forum.

I was a fan back in the Kristi Yamaguchi era, kinda a fan a bit after, picked up again when Sarah Hughes was active (still the best of the best) and then dropped off. Came back because well now I have a good camera and want to do something different than photograph inanimate objects (like planes & cars) being animate. Also greatly admire Kaetlyn Osmond & Virtue-Moir, and need to be in the Vancouver area in January anyway so... why not?

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Just wonder what the plan is for Nationals... any autograph sessions or anything like that?

Thanks. Please remember I'm a "New Guy" here.

Probably! I've been to 2 over the years and both had former skaters out in the hall signing. You can also get current ones as Natl's is smaller, ore intimate and skaters are everywhere in the halls, stands and local stores. You'll likely be tripping over them. Enjoy, enjoy! And feel free to share your experiences with us. Its always fun to get a fresh perspective!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to my adopted Canadian "skating ff family" here that also celebrate! :ghug:

Sackie

Medalist
If she lands her jumps like that at Nationals she may surprise and end up going to the Olympics! But her biggest down side is her lack of international exposure.

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
Probably! I've been to 2 over the years and both had former skaters out in the hall signing. You can also get current ones as Natl's is smaller, ore intimate and skaters are everywhere in the halls, stands and local stores. You'll likely be tripping over them. Enjoy, enjoy! And feel free to share your experiences with us. Its always fun to get a fresh perspective!

Thanks for the well-wishes :). I'm hoping to meet n greet Kaetlyn Osmond and obviously Virtue-Moir.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
If she lands her jumps like that at Nationals she may surprise and end up going to the Olympics! But her biggest down side is her lack of international exposure.

Surprisingly good technique, actually! I think her Lutz is the best out of all the top 4 Canadians(I'm not familiar with any others). If she actually manages(managed?) to get them consistent, I wouldn't mind seeing her jumping those at all.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
After Tessa & Scott were chosen as the Canadian Olympic athletes of the year figure skating is again #1, this time in the reader's poll for top sports moment of 2017. The historical double podium finish of Kaetlyn & Gabby at Worlds 2017 was chosen from 10 worthy finalists (including Tessa & Scott's SD record :)).

Great to see our ladies getting recognition. :thumbsup:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
After Tessa & Scott were chosen as the Canadian Olympic athletes of the year figure skating is again #1, this time in the reader's poll for top sports moment of 2017. The historical double podium finish of Kaetlyn & Gabby at Worlds 2017 was chosen from 10 worthy finalists (including Tessa & Scott's SD record :)).

Great to see our ladies getting recognition. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mango. I am so Proud of our Ladies (Gabby & Kaetlyn) for getting this recognition from Home, that is so well deserved! As a long suffering Canadian Ladies fan and as many of us over the years who believed in them and knew, ...YAHOO! :yahoo: