2014-15 South Korean National (Jan. 7 to 9) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014-15 South Korean National (Jan. 7 to 9)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I don't think Da Bin is old enough for Worlds. In fact, what I know is that So Youn and Hae Jin are part of the oldest competitors in this competition. How old is So Hyun? If she is eligible for Worlds and she finishes higher than Hae Jin here, she might have a chance.

So Hyun is about 12-13, I think so nope no sr. worlds for her. The other "options" are Ji Hyun Byun and Song Joo Chae. They're a bit of a headcase but they have improved very well. Actually both girls have become a bit more consistent since last year.

edit: Da Bin is still too young for sr. worlds- next year might be her chance unless she/KSU decides to stay in juniors for one more season

Oh my gawd, what happened to Hae-Jin?....

:cry::bang: mte. just mte.

Probably still measuring her against Yuna.

Maybeeee. I actually don't mind the low score. Sure she is was clean but some of her spins were a bit messy here. I say that it's fair scoring and it will also push her to do better.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
as long as they are fair to everyone its fine, thank you everyone for updates, good luck to so youn and everyone for free program :cheer:

Eris

On the Ice
I wonder why Hae Jin's score is so low. Her combo was clearly downgraded but other than that the skate was fine. And her PCS should be the highest here after So Youn.

ahy

Final Flight
It's so encouraging to see there are many juniors competiting and they're pretty good

chz

On the Ice
Apart from So Youn, i enjoyed Kim Kyueun most. She didnt look slow especially during step sequence, very little or almost no hesitation going into her jumps and she definitely can skate to the music. i know Da Bin has won at international level but to me she's too robotic. I also see potential in An So Hyun and Eun Soo Lim

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Was the Junior competition such a low-level one or the judges were very very strict? :unsure:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Was the Junior competition such a low-level one or the judges were very very strict? :unsure:

It was a low-level one.
KSU divided senior and junior in this competition by their level of skating, not age. :)
So, many younger and competence girls are competing at senior in Nats. (like So hyun An, Ye rim Kim, Young You, and else)

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Very nice outing for SoYoun. Congratulations! Fav SP performance of hers this season yet. Earlier in the season I wished for more tension/sharpness in her arm movements and choreograph delivery in contrast with her R&J. It is all coming together nicely. Good step sequence. Improving musicality to the tension of the music carried throughout the entire program .

If I am going to be really really picky (it hardly affect the score and actually the efforts outweighs the risks), I'd add greater languidity (tiniest bit of delay, position hold on a fraction longer in between the movement to highlight the music tension change between 2.00m to 2.17m a bit more (think Yuna's Giselle). Yuna is always instinctive on reflect this in all her movements, and although these things are hardly reflect in the score but are appreciated for audiences like myself who enjoy a wonderfully thoughtful musically interpreted performance. It is all in the details. SY can perhaps also work on her final punch pose (imagine left elbow someone behind her and knock them dead as a Final Mortal Kombat style movement @Jet Li Movie + Danse Macabre panting after giving her all for facial expressions), then Kawpawww!!! Wowowow!!! +3 :p

Last edited:

MiRé

Match Penalty
Ye Lim Kim got her 3F+3Lo ratified (with an !), but I doubt it would get ratified in international competition. Looking at the protocol, Korean judges are really strict particularly in PCS............ 25.59 for So Youn :disapp:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I am actually OK with the slightly low score for So Youn, I think it will push her to do better. Looking forward to the LP. Does anyone know when it is?

lbc2138

On the Ice

yay So Youn! I think it was easier for her to go clean since there's less pressure considering the filed isn't too deep compared to international events. I hope she skates lights out at 4CC! She's so consistently graceful and beautiful to watch.
Impressive skate by Dabin! I think she's also graceful, which is why I love SKorean skaters... even the young ones tend to be way less erratic-looking. Underrotated her jumps a little just by watching the videos but hopefully with growth she'll be able to fully rotate them.
So hyun is great! Solid performance, and of course graceful. Wow, already a pretty good 3f-3t combo that looks pretty rotated. Love the flexibility in her spins.

Will have time to watch the others later.

I'm super excited for SKorea's women skaters!

jimeonji

Final Flight
DAY 3 STARTING ORDER

10:54-12:10 Senior Men FS
GROUP 1
1 Ahn Geon Hyung
2 Byun Se Jong
3 Park Sung Hoon
4 Lee Si Hyung
GROUP 2
5 Cha Jun Hwan
6 Kim Min Seok
7 Lee June Hyoung
8 Kim Jin Seo

12:26-15:30 Senior Ladies FS
GROUP 1
1 Son Seo Hyun
2 Jang Hyun Soo
3 Kim Ha Neul
4 Lee Ji Yoon
5 Park Go Eun
6 Yoon Seon Min
GROUP 2
7 Jo Hee Soo
8 Lee Seo Young
9 Chae Song Joo
10 Jeon Se Hee
11 Park Se Bin
12 Kim Ye Ri
GROUP 3
13 Choi Min Ji
14 Yoon Eun Soo
15 Kim Na Hyun
16 Kim Hae Jin
17 Im Eun Soo
18 Kim Se Na
GROUP 4
19 Kim Kyu Eun
20 Yoo Young
21 Kim Ye Rim
22 Ahn So Hyun
23 Choi Da Bin
24 Park So Youn

16:15-16:25 FD
1 Lee Ho Jung/Kam Kang In

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Wow, I am really excited about Ahn So Hyun!!! How old is she?! She looks beautiful on the ice, and great jumps! :shocked:

cooper

Medalist
Wow, I am really excited about Ahn So Hyun!!! How old is she?! She looks beautiful on the ice, and great jumps! :shocked:

the same sentiment here... how old is she?? is she competing internationally? lots of potential..