2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 102 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
they are indeed.....:think:
I am wondering what they meant for her SP. Is it this jazzy piece that first popped up in YT or from the 1959 film?

Lovely just lovely. I really like your Guitar version of Black Orpheus than the jazzy ones I searched on Youtube. I've always love acoustic Spanish guitar renditions: pure, unpretentious and soulful. Hope this is the version they pick rather than the jazzy ones i found. Ohhh soulful Soyoun... don't go break my heart again this season!

Actually having done some research, how about this version by Itzhak Perlman which seems more ideal for ladies figure skating music, right pace, classical taste?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKozOlWWu1w

One more guitar/classical arrangement version with City of Prague Philharmonic ... i like this one too, more cinematic and dramatic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTBIFmnKC9c

How about one with vocals? Bossa Nova style SoYoun?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfibwW-bQos

Last edited:

Jewels

On the Ice
I read an interview of SoYoun today that she's going for a sexy concept in short programme-it also said that she blushed while mentioning this lol I'm so looking forward to seeing how her programmes will come out, hope she has a great season:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Paula's new article reveals Alexandra Aldridge's and Matthew Blackmer's programs:

This season, the team is using Khachaturian’s “Masquerade Waltz” and Strauss’ “Radetzky March” for the short dance.

“I’ve loved ‘Masquerade Waltz’ for years,” said Blackmer. “I spend quite a bit of time watching Angelika’s own rendition of it. It was such an exhilarating performance and definitely something to aspire towards.”

“Angelika’s program to ‘Masquerade Waltz’ is our motivation for everything in this program,” Aldridge added. “We really enjoy the style of our short dance and the elegance of it.”

Their free dance is a tango performed to Piazzolla’s “Oblivion” and Lippa’s “Tango de Amor

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Sadly five other dance teams love Masquerade Waltz too. I told myself I would be happy if there were no more than five. Hopes dashed.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I read an interview of SoYoun today that she's going for a sexy concept in short programme-it also said that she blushed while mentioning this lol I'm so looking forward to seeing how her programmes will come out, hope she has a great season:)

So I guess that means she changed her plan. In the summer she said that she'd be going for an exciting concept in the long program and something similar to Yuna's Scheherazade for the short program. But if So Youn is happy with this plan then so am I! Can't wait :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
:popcorn::cheer2::clap:

clippers8200

On the Ice
Lovely just lovely. I really like your Guitar version of Black Orpheus than the jazzy ones I searched on Youtube. I've always love acoustic Spanish guitar renditions: pure, unpretentious and soulful. Hope this is the version they pick rather than the jazzy ones i found. Ohhh soulful Soyoun... don't go break my heart again this season!

Actually having done some research, how about this version by Itzhak Perlman which seems more ideal for ladies figure skating music, right pace, classical taste?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKozOlWWu1w

One more guitar/classical arrangement version with City of Prague Philharmonic ... i like this one too, more cinematic and dramatic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTBIFmnKC9c

How about one with vocals? Bossa Nova style SoYoun?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfibwW-bQos

I love the Perlman version - I can see that being used as SP music for sure. The vocal version is also very nice.

Jewels

On the Ice
So I guess that means she changed her plan. In the summer she said that she'd be going for an exciting concept in the long program and something similar to Yuna's Scheherazade for the short program. But if So Youn is happy with this plan then so am I! Can't wait :popcorn:

I read the article again, and her exact words were "I wanted to show more mature side this time, somewhat sexy, things I haven't tried before because I was young"-so it could be a bit like Yuna's Scheherazade I guess :)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I read the article again, and her exact words were "I wanted to show more mature side this time, somewhat sexy, things I haven't tried before because I was young"-so it could be a bit like Yuna's Scheherazade I guess :)

I always appreciate skaters try something new, having personal breakthroughs... hope this will advance her artistry and even improve her PCS. Greater maturity in all aspect of her skating is the right way to go. Can't wait for this weekend to see her debut programs. I am kind of curious on blushing So Youn taking bows :D A few wolf whistles hahhaha.....

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From the Finlandia synchro event (only SPs were skated)

Marigold Ice Unity FIN
SP Science Fiction Double Feature by the West End Performers, and The Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack with vocals
LP

Team PaRiDise RUS
SP Méditation de Thaïs by Massenet
LP

Revolutions FIN
SP Feeling Good, performed by Muse
LP

Rockettes FIN
SP Theme from Schindler's List, performed by Itzhak Perlman
LP

Team Unique FIN
SP Méditation de Thaïs by Massenet

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have just finished adding all the programs frm Fnlandia and from JGP Croatia.

One bit of news, Hannah Miller is not using the SP Rohene choreographed for her :cry:

BlackPack

Medalist
i have no idea who bacalov is... not among the greats :) you are correct about piazzolla's libertango and adios nonino (i played those).... now if both these guys are on a compilation cds it explains the comment from previous poster... my comment was simply differentiating both composers and thus programs.... i dont think denis is recycling but he should buy other cds :)

Bacalov is a contemporary of Ennio Morricone. He composed many Italian Western themes, but can of course compose other styles.

I can see Denis skating to Italian Westerns.

Weathergal

Medalist
Oh dear. :hopelessness: Maybe it will work on some level... We've been missing humorous l, tongue-in-cheek skates since the days of the fun French skaters like Preaubert and Tobel. :popcorn:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Maé-Bérénice Meité FRA
SP Black Swan soundtrack
LP Tristan & Iseult

Maé-Bérénice announced her LP music at the post SP interview at French Masters, according to her fan fest.