2015 JGP Cup of Austria Ladies Short Program Sep 10 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Ladies Short Program Sep 10

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am shocked.... Just to tell you never know what is going to happen and ice is slippery. Hopefully it was just a fluke and not some health issues.

inskate

On the Ice
She was so underscored in components!!

Somewhat... But, to be honest, she just looked so shocked and lost after that messed up layback and seemed completely shaken throughout the rest of the program. :(

(And, TBH, I think she could go back to last season's SP. Mambo and saving energy for 3 jumps in the 2nd half just don't go together, even when jumps are there. :( )

TMC

Record Breaker
I don't think she was intimidated by anyone else's score or anything, it really did look like she was somehow injured during that spin!?

I can imagine that it could have been like some sort of sharp muscle pain/twinge that comes and goes instantly, I myself have experienced them a couple of times in my back & neck. They can be pretty shocking and painful for abut one second, and if it's never happened to you before, it can be very scary. Something like that would definitely explain that strange disoriented look. Also that she could then go on and almost pick up the program towards the end.

I'm arguably one of the biggest Wakababy fangirls, but I think the PCS score was pretty accurate. More's the pity.

bluelutz

On the Ice
I don't think she was intimidated by anyone else's score or anything, it really did look like she was somehow injured during that spin!?

I can imagine that it could have been like some sort of sharp muscle pain/twinge that comes and goes instantly, I myself have experienced them a couple of times in my back & neck. They can be pretty shocking and painful for abut one second, and if it's never happened to you before, it can be very scary. Something like that would definitely explain that strange disoriented look. Also that she could then go on and almost pick up the program towards the end.

I'm arguably one of the biggest Wakababy fangirls, but I think the PCS score was pretty accurate. More's the pity.

I think your explanation makes a sense.
Since she came out of the middle of the layback spin with the expression of disoriented and some bitterness,
she may have had some back injury.
Yes, the back can suddenly hurt.

I hope she will be okay!

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Hopefully, if it was really injury related, it's nothing serious and she will be back fine tomorrow. Poor girl crying in the K'n'C was a terrible thing I never want to see again.

But on the positive side: I was really impressed with the steps. More power and speed than any other girl tonight, and she improved a lot IMO on the performance part. When she lands those jumps, it's going to be awesome!

So far, congrats to Masha (who IMO should have been in the lead) and Mai, and good luck to all the girls tomorrow :)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Good job from top 4 skaters!

I think Maria performed her program better this time, or maybe it's the camera angles that I could see the movements completely. Loved her expressions during the steps. She is in the second place going into FS once again. Can she beat Mihara's textbook jumps tomorrow? I hope she will.

I don't like Mihara's SP at all but oh my god she was so strong on her elements! She deserved that lead here in my eyes, even though it's a small lead. Congratulations!

Pervushkina! Is that the same dress Leonova used during 2011-2012 season? Her skating looks more pleasant. I hope she skates like this consistently. And don't forget Rukavitsin is famous with his late bloomers (like Artemieva and Menshov). Also with his skaters can't skate two clean programs in a competition though...

Wakaba also surprised us with all that happened. I hope she is okay and will skate perfect tomorrow to make up for this.

TMC

Record Breaker
Hopefully, if it was really injury related, it's nothing serious and she will be back fine tomorrow. Poor girl crying in the K'n'C was a terrible thing I never want to see again.

But on the positive side: I was really impressed with the steps. More power and speed than any other girl tonight, and she improved a lot IMO on the performance part. When she lands those jumps, it's going to be awesome!

So far, congrats to Masha (who IMO should have been in the lead) and Mai, and good luck to all the girls tomorrow :)

I hope so too.

I always try to find the positive side of things, and I'm thinking that whatever happened with that spin, she knows now that something like that is a possibility. And if it should happen again, she knows now how to react and how to continue the program.

If it was nothing permanent, I'm sure she'll come into the free tomorrow extra hungry and extra determined. It wouldn't be the first time someone pulls up from 8th place to win a medal :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

I can see it being a sudden twinge. Something similar happened to a young gymnast (Jordan Chiles) at the junior level this year, during her vault, that caused everyone watching to think she was seriously hurt because she was limping when she landed. It ended up just being a muscle cramp.

paulusfr

On the Ice
It shouldn't be a big problem for Wakaba to take at least third place (if she isn't injured of course and will skate as she really can), because Diana isn't a top russian skater, so she's a bit inconsistent. I really love her SP though, so I hope it will be able to stay in third place for her

Last edited:

bluelutz

On the Ice
I do not know how consistent Diana is, but Da bin is a very solid jumper.
In order to beat Da bin, Wakaba needs to have a pretty big score.
But she has to do that to keep her hope alive to be in the finals.

Wow, I never expected to see something like this.

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
I am sad for Wakaba. I really like her skating. I hope she makes a big comeback in her LP. I will be pulling for her. I wonder if she was sick.

I loved Maria's program. She is really graceful and musical and her height really adds to the grandeur and picturesque quality in her program. It is good to see her fighting for her landings on jumps and going clean three performances in a row.

I was pleasantly surprised by Mai Mihara's performance. Impressive skating skills and rink coverage with beautiful fluidity in her steps and turns. Also, she had nice jumps with erect posture throughout.

I also enjoyed Da Bin Choi's performance. I thought her jumps and spins were beautiful and graceful.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
So that was a surprise... :eek:

Realistically, I can't see Wakaba getting to the podium after being buried in the standings here. She's about 11 points out of 4th, so she'd have to not only make up those points tomorrow, at least two of the girls in the top 4 will need to have poor performances in the FS.

Congrats to Diana, sitting in third! :cheer2: She had one of my favorite programs today. I hope she can keep it up tomorrow, but my guess is Da Bin Choi will jump above her.