Some mistakes and lower difficulty, but overall decent for them

FS: 51.46+52.32-1.00 = 102.78 (PB), 156.72 (PB), 1/7

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The dialogue. The gunshot. The sirens. The total irony of this song for this pair.

Oh my god this program I can't :rofl2:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ahh its gonna be close with Goda and Nikita, kinda rooting for them!

Edit: ok not that close :slink:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT (GER)

Music: "Sometimes" by Wax Tailor, a modern arrangement of Solveig's Song by Evard Grieg

Red, black ombre catsuit / matching shirt, black pants

3Tw - huge
3T+3T+SEQ
3S
FiDs
PCoSp3p
5ALi
ChSq
3FTh - big, bit low on landing
3STh - big, twofoot?
5RLi
CCoSp3p
3Li

Nice debut, they both look happy. Big elements like twist, jumps and throws - though they need to reign in the landing.
They definitely have the goods the medal at Euros and Worlds

FS: 72.66+70.32 = 142.98, 214.42, 1/8

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, amazing from Aliona and Bruna, she 2 footed her throws i think? but rest of the elements were great, just how strong Bruno is? :shocked: i like their entrance to their SBS spins, dont like the program itself that much though

Mirunna

Record Breaker
That music:hpull:
I want so much to love them. They good the looks, the tricks and the talents but their programs are bad to say at least. After watching Aliona being amazing at always in, let's say, Pina, it hurts even more to see her with such a crap LP. She is so much better than this. But she looks AMAZING in that costume though :hap85: And that was one of the best side by side 3S I've seen her do ever. They need to work on the throws, both were landed on 2ft.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER)

Music: Somewhere (from West Side Story) by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by Mark

White dress, pink ribbon / matching shirt, black pants

3Tw
3STh
3T+3T+SEQ
5RLi
3LoTh - fall
2S - she did 3S, he did 2S stepout
FCCoSp3p - unison off
5ALi - wonky exit
ChSq
FiDs
PCoSp3p
3Li

Some mistakes, but solid enough for silver

FS: 58.86+57.92-1.00 = 115.78 (PB), 177.04 (PB), 2/9

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The HEIGHT on that twist. :jaw:

The height is amazing but it kind of bothers me how Bruno leans so much before throwing her, it looks a bit wild and lacks elegance. However, once he throws her, the height and her air position + landing are to die for. I still prefer V/T's twist though, it looks more elegant (and this coming from a huge, huge Aliona fan)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
The height is amazing but it kind of bothers me how Bruno leans so much before throwing her, it looks a bit wild and lacks elegance. However, once he throws her, the height and her air position + landing are to die for. I still prefer V/T's twist though, it looks more elegant (and this coming from a huge, huge Aliona fan)

i think she leans more than other girls i saw too :scratch2: and their height difference maybe another thing that causes it, not that it bothers me though :)

robinhood

Rinkside
I love the program of S/M:hap10:
The music is a bit confussing, and not something I would listen to everyday but the program itself is so difficult and innovative. I loved the death spiral with the other hand and the sbs spins were really cool. All of the lifts look so easy for Bruno and they work those costumes just fine:cool:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm not Ice Dance, sorry, but I can answer your question.
Settlage did 4.5 revolutions during the lift, which is more than 3.5 revolutions allowed between a take off and exit from the lift (bended elbow). So the lift is illegal. They not only got 2 points deduction for that, but also their lift got 'base' level (4LiB). Look in the protocols, you'll see it. So the loss of points is actually more than just 2 points deduction.

Thx, Snow63 :).

I had seen the protocol. What I was trying to clarify was whether the two points of deduction were the result of the one lift being wrong -- or whether a second element unrelated to the lift also had something wrong (requiring a deduction). Thank you for nailing down that the answer is that one element was responsible for both of the two points of deduction.

(And I do understand what you are saying about the total loss of points for the one lift element being more than the two points of deduction.)

I trust that Maddie and Max will not let the same error happen again. Best to them at their next competition. (Nats, I guess?)

[ETA: Snow and I are talking about Maddie/Max's SP, lest anyone wonder.]

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
To me the music is ingenious, brave and innovative! And the costumes are so nice! But I understand that not everyone is of the same opinion.

To me i cannot believe what a strong debut it was. Nice programs. Absolutly cracking elements: twist:eeking:, 3T+3T+Seq, death spiral, lifts and the best 3S I have ever seen by Aliona.

Repect for Bruno that he handled the pressure and made no mistakes at the SBS. There is still so much room for improvements and lifting up the diffculty.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've only been able to catch up now.

I'm glad Fancy and Boyadji decided not to spit up in the end. I actually think they have a lot more potential than I had previously given them credit for. I seriously question the Ghost musical choice, and wonder why teams keep turning to it, as though suffering through I/K doing it wasn't enough for one lifetime. Still, great job to them! Giant step in the right direction! This beats their personal best total sore by over 26 points, and their personal best free score by almost 20 points.

I feel conflicted about Aliona and Bruno. They are good, and I am glad they can compete, but I am not sure they are really that good :shrug: :slink: I also really do not like the costumes, and the music choice is special.

Mari and Ruben keep getting better and better! I am thrilled for them :cheer: :love:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
To me the music is ingenious, brave and innovative! And the costumes are so nice! But I understand that not everyone is of the same opinion.

To me i cannot believe what a strong debut it was. Nice programs. Absolutly cracking elements: twist:eeking:, 3T+3T+Seq, death spiral, lifts and the best 3S I have ever seen by Aliona.

Repect for Bruno that he handled the pressure and made no mistakes at the SBS. There is still so much room for improvements and lifting up the diffculty.

I can see why Aliona chose to skate with Bruno. He is a talented guy for sure. They looked a bit cautious so that the overall performance was a bit slow but I still am glad that they made a good debut in a competition. They got what they need required TES scores for Euros and Worlds.