2015 World Team Trophy Mens FS Apr 17 | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Mens FS Apr 17

alia jackson

Record Breaker
For some reason, he struggled with that second 3A, even when it was in the front of the program (as the case was last season). He was 5/5 with the 3A last season in the SP, so he had some consistency with the jump there. This season, I think part of the struggles of a 3A was the hangover of a long Olympic season (as you noted) and perhaps getting use to two programs not quite in his personal comfort zone.

It's sort of like Yuzuru's 3Z-3T in the SP this season. Obviously he can do that jumping pass with his eyes closed, but for whatever reason (mental lapse, injury, something else) he missed it in every international competition (can't remember if he did it at nationals) this season except for Worlds.

My hope is that the new entrance will stick and that we'll see some more consistency with the jump next season. And of course Yuzuru doesn't mess up on what has otherwise been a lovely 3Z-3T jumping pass in past seasons. :)

I believe for Yuzu it was not enough training, injury and illness.

After Olympic Yuzu did Worlds 2014, ice shows, 5 commercials, hometown parade and events in Japan. He did not have enough preparation and training in Toronto for this season. Brian also mentioned this in interviews. Then suffered back problem and pulled out from Filandia. This followed by injury from collision at CoC which he needs to recover thus more lack of practice. After Japan Nationals a bladder surgery in end Dec and sprain ankle in Jan.

From CoC all the way to WTT he stayed in Japan and trained without a coach only via email. Shear-lynn (spelling?) didn't get to optimised Yuzu LP as she mentioned in TSL interview.

After this WTT he will have a second surgery to remove the stitches. Hopefully he will rest and complete recovery, and go back to Toronto to resume the training like he did in 2013.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I believe for Yuzu it was not enough training, injury and illness.

After Olympic Yuzu did Worlds 2014, ice shows, 5 commercials, hometown parade and events in Japan. He did not have enough preparation and training in Toronto for this season. Then suffered back problem and pulled out from Filandia. This followed by injury from collision at CoC which he needs to recover thus more lack of practice. After Japan Nationals a bladder surgery in end Dec and sprain ankle in Jan.

From CoC all the way to WTT he stayed in Japan and trained without a coach only via email. Shear-lynn (spelling?) didn't get to optimised Yuzu LP as she mentioned in TSL interview.

After this WTT he will have a second surgery to remove the stitches. Hopefully he will rest and complete recovery, and go back to Toronto to resume the training like he did in 2013.

OH yeah, I forgot about all those other factors. All things considered he didn't do too badly this season. He did win GPF and another national title. Plus another World medal.

I like Yuzuru a lot, so I'm hoping to see him in top form come fall.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Yuzuru did 1 quad and 8 triples, including 2 3A in the second half.
How many people have done harder contents? When D10 had 2 quad, he only did 7 triples. Javier only had 1 3A.
If they all go for 2 quads and 8 triples, then Yuzuru might be in trouble. As it stands, his program is almost unbeatable.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
:laugh2: at your last comment about the song in Schindler's list. Did not know he said that about Mao and Yuna...He knows greatness in his craft when he sees one (or two) and he is not afraid to be associated with it! He has the same ease of movement and calm as those two skaters you mention are two of his favorites!

this is what Yuzuru said about Yuna.
"… he says “ジャンプだけではなくて, ジャンプがはいりつつそのプロがかんせいしてるとこがすき” “Jumps are not just jumps in Yuna, her jumps are inseparably combined in the program and that completes her program."

https://youtu.be/Zs64DLaRIiQ?t=291

Yuzuru is absolutely right, and now this precious quality has also become the greatness of his skating.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Yuzuru did 1 quad and 8 triples, including 2 3A in the second half.
How many people have done harder contents? When D10 had 2 quad, he only did 7 triples. Javier only had 1 3A.
If they all go for 2 quads and 8 triples, then Yuzuru might be in trouble. As it stands, his program is almost unbeatable.

I think Yuzu content was 2 quad and 8 triples. Oda showing Yuzu's content (video at 5:04 min) and how he avoided zayak tonight for optimise scoring.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Placements if this was a regular event:

1 Yuzuru HANYU 288.58 (96.27 + 192.31)
2 Jason BROWN 263.17 (86.48 + 176.69)
3 Han YAN 250.27 (87.13 + 163.14)
4 Takahito MURA 247.74 (82.04+ 165.40)
5 Sergei VORONOV 241.01 (79.09+ 161.92)
6 Nam NGUYEN 235.98 (77.42 + 158.63)
7 Maxim KOVTUN 233.74 (74.83 = 158.91)
8 Max AARON 227.51 (76.08 + 151.43)
9 Jeremy TEN 194.78 (67.45 + 127.33)
10 Florent AMODIO 194.54 (73.80 + 120.74)
11 Nan SONG 187.42 (62.43 + 124.99)
12 Romain PONSAR 184.12 (63.51 + 120.61)

These numbers have not been thoroughly checked so someone may wish to verify them but I believe the placements are correct.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, such a great event!!
i am so amazed by Yuzuru once again, after popping his quad to triple, he kept his cool and continued like a champ!! he has the nerves of steel, not that it came as a surprise but its still impressive nonetheless (yes, i am looking at you Florent :slink:) and apart from that it was an amazing performance, right before the music started he breathed out and it was obvious he was in it to win it, is it me or his jumps looked bigger today, esp 4S and 3A, this one from practice is HUGEE :love:

congratz Jason for SB score for an amazing LP! so happy for him and judging by the k&C , obviously other skaters were happy too :laugh: great finish to the great season

yay for mura to have great skate, he should feel good and proud after the worlds, hopefully next season he will be more consistent!

i dont know what to say about Han Yan, its like he has a monster in him that needs to be tamed , he just cant seem to control his landings and its such a shame cause he has amazing jumps

congratz to Nam, it was obvious that he had hard time during some of his jumps but he made it through, also to voronov for holding it together and getting SB, i cant love that program but i love his enthusiasm and personality, he looks like a super nice person ( greeting yuzuru and saying " good job" or sth similar after yuzu's skate another bromance moment (:) ) :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Placements if this was a regular event:

1 Yuzuru HANYU 288.58 (96.27 + 192.31)
2 Jason BROWN 263.17 (86.48 + 176.69)
3 Han YAN 250.27 (87.13 + 163.14)
4 Takahito MURA 247.74 (82.04+ 165.40)
5 Sergei VORONOV 241.01 (79.09+ 161.92)
6 Nam NGUYEN 235.98 (77.42 + 158.63)
7 Maxim KOVTUN 233.74 (74.83 = 158.91)
8 Max AARON 227.51 (76.08 + 151.43)
9 Jeremy TEN 194.78 (67.45 + 127.33)
10 Florent AMODIO 194.54 (73.80 + 120.74)
11 Nan SONG 187.42 (62.43 + 124.99)
12 Romain PONSAR 184.12 (63.51 + 120.61)

These numbers have not been thoroughly checked so someone may wish to verify them but I believe the placements are correct.

Great minds think alike! I did the same exercise earlier, to aid the scorers of the Predictions Game.

The only difference is that when I put Nam Nguyen's SP and FS scores into Excel, I got a total score of 236.05.

Here are my tables:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Game-Round-5&p=1147909&viewfull=1#post1147909

I am so glad somebody else decided to do this exercise as well, as it let me check whether my counting was right! So, thank you so much, SkateFiguring.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Does anybody know why the second Lutz was considered repetition for F Amodio? He only did one 3Lz3T before...This was his layout:
1 3S
2 3A
3 3S+REP
4 FCSp2
5 StSq3
6 3A*+1Lo*+3S*
7 3Lz+3T
8 3Fe
9 3Lz*
10 CSSp3
11 ChSq1
12 FCCoSp2p2

I understand the Salcows but not the Lutz problem.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great minds think alike! I did the same exercise earlier, to aid the scorers of the Predictions Game.

But, when I put Nam Nguyen's SP and FS scores into Excel, I got a total score of 236.05.

Here are my tables:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Game-Round-5&p=1147909&viewfull=1#post1147909

I am so glad somebody else decided to do it as well, as it let me check whether my counting was right! So, thank you so much, SkateFiguring.

CaroLiza_fan

It is 236.05. Just used my graphing calculator.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Does anybody know why the second Lutz was considered repetition for F Amodio? He only did one 3Lz3T before...This was his layout:
1 3S
2 3A
3 3S+REP
4 FCSp2
5 StSq3
6 3A*+1Lo*+3S*
7 3Lz+3T
8 3Fe
9 3Lz*
10 CSSp3
11 ChSq1
12 FCCoSp2p2

I understand the Salcows but not the Lutz problem.

because according to the rules, you can only repeat 2 types of quad/triple jumps, and before the 2nd luzt, he already did 2 3S and 2 3A, thats why his 2nd 3Lz didnt count

Icey

Record Breaker
Has Jason ever had a problem with his edge on his lutz before? He had an unclear edge call in both the long and short at this event.

makaihime

Final Flight
Wow, this event has been amazing. I would even say its better than what was put out during the WC's in terms of quality (for the most part).

Hanyu's jumps are monsterous, especially his 4S and 3A. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger! He flew across that rink :shocked: I really can't wait until he hits his peak...that would be a scene to witness :yay: Once I have time I'll come back and watch all the performances again :)

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
because according to the rules, you can only repeat 2 types of quad/triple jumps, and before the 2nd luzt, he already did 2 3S and 2 3A, thats why his 2nd 3Lz didnt count

oh but since the second triple didn't count, that's quite weird the second lutz doesn't count as well :/

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay I just watched Nam's FP and I was laughing when he was getting a piggback ride from Andrew Poje in the K&C! :laugh2:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Well he did express Yuna Kim is one of his fav skaters along with Mao. I kind of appreciate this vail they has the moment they stepped onto the ice. Their performance start from the moment they start at warm up all the way to the end of kiss and cry. Not just during the music and choreography. When people break out of the mood from the program immediately, it can often take me out of the 'zone' to fully appreciate the work. Imagine the song 'you are my sunshine' coming up at the end rolling credit of Schindler's list... it would be rather jarring. (bit like experiencing Jason's FS here)

Well, I don't know... 'you are my sunshine' is one creepy disturbing song...

Wasn't "Sunshine" Jimmy Davis' horse? (reputed composer and governor of Louisiana)

Last edited: