2016-2017 Programs by Discipline | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Programs by Discipline

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone posted Grant Hochstein's programs yet?

http://figureskatersonline.com/granthochstein/site/programs/

SP: Rhapsody in Blue, Duke Ellington
LP: Pagliacci, Leoncavallo

(a little confusing, as I presume Ellington is the performer of the SP, but Leoncavallo of course is the composer of the LP)

I can't wait for this SP!:hap93: Pagliacci, meh (dare I say it, I wasn't even that huge a fan of Toller's Pagliacci), but at least it's more than three notes and you can construct a program to it.

andromache

Record Breaker

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Ashley's FP choice. I was mesmerized when Jeremy skated to it. I bought the CD, and then just bought the piano music which I'm in the process of learning. ALthough it doesn't sound like it's an emotional piece, it really is if you follow the melody--though subtle--then the manner in which the music picks up in the middle and actually builds in tempo and volume....it has interesting variations of its main theme as well.I t switches key which makes it even more interesting, and then it returns to the original key at the end. I think it will be great for her. She can show both her lyrical and powerful sides. I think she can balance this well. IT is definately a challenge for me on piano--but fun to play (I had to rearrange a little of it...the part with the vocal lines because the melody was not clear in the piano section) Thank you Jeremy for bringing this music.

I love the clip and that music, but I must admit I was a little worried that Ashley would be giving up one of her greatest strengths, interpreting music through a character. Then I remembered an interview in 2014 where she said she switched back to S&D from R&J because she needed to play a strong female, not a tragic one. However, with Shae-Lynne's choreography (a woman's choreography) ... and Moulin Rouge, Ashley raised her ability to interpret music to new heights and depths with all the nuances between.

So I agree with you. It's the only program of Jeremy's that I really loved. That alone says something.
Thank you so much, edenlover, for your lovely analysis of why you think Exogenesis will be great for Ashley. Also, she likes a challenge and likes to move forward. After reading your post, I think I'm going to have to order the sheet music and learn it too. :luv17:

Also.. to anyone .. for an opposing view of what makes Ashley's skating so emotionally riveting and powerful, listen to Kurt Browning's commentary for her Worlds FS 2016. The relevant part starts at 5:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlreW_RerW4

Lota

Record Breaker

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Daisuke Murakami revealed his programs for next season. Both choreographed by Lori Nichol. He's keeping his SP.

SP: "Bring Him Home" by Josh Groban
FS: "Pagliacci" by Andrea Bocelli

I like his SP I am so glad he keeps it. I am so looking forward his 3Lz+3Lo combo!!!

While I like Pagliacci, I don't like Bocelli singing it...Basically I don't prefer him singing opera, but anyway we'll see!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOVING the articles on Mirai's programs. I'm excited to see both works. Jeffrey has made some real magic with Chopin for Patrick and Yuzu so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes with working with Mirai. No. 20 kind of makes more sense to me in that it's the nocturne I recognized. It also has a GORGEOUS ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5qeuVOIbHk

Very understated but if she brings her On Golden Pond vibes to it it could be a real moment.

This will be stunning for Mirai. I can picture her floating around the ice in one of her gorgeous costumes. Really looking forward to seeing her at Skate Canada.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adelina SP Suite Festiva http://v.qq.com/cover/c/cty90oitjactd26.html?vid=x0020psl5nz
Confirmed on her Instagram.

I love absolutely everything about this. Does she ever rock that unitard/ body suit/ whatever it is.

Watching this program reminds me how much I'd prefer watching real women ice skate. Ashley, Carolina, Mao, Adelina. So much more interesting, beautiful and powerful than jump to jump, knobby knees and elbows. Sigh. Well, at least we still have women in the top ranks. I look forward to seeing a more mature Julia too.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I don't think this was posted here.

Norway's Sondre Oddvoll Bøe will be skating his SP to Ed Sheeran's "I See Fire".

waxel

Final Flight
"I Put a Spell On You" .... is that the best music you can find? it's so annoying now.

There was a large group of us at Worlds this year who would "ugh" every time I Put a Spell You was cranked up ... by the end of the work we were calling for it to be banned! :bang:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There was a large group of us at Worlds this year who would "ugh" every time I Put a Spell You was cranked up ... by the end of the work we were calling for it to be banned! :bang:

Don't forget the fun that was "Feeling Good"!

grotesm1

Rinkside
Andrew Torgashev skated his short program to The Age of Cathedrals (from Notre Dame de Paris) at the Philadelphia Summer Classic this past weekend.

grotesm1

Rinkside
I Put A Spell on You, Feeling Good and anything from Moulin Rouge definitely should be on the list of banned music. Also anything from Romeo + Juliet. At Worlds, we started keeping track of how many times these pieces of music were used, and it was a lot.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Andrew Torgashev skated his short program to The Age of Cathedrals (from Notre Dame de Paris) at the Philadelphia Summer Classic this past weekend.

I've wondered how the very talented boy is doing these days. Thanks for info.