Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
28 Sep - 1 Oct 2016

Montreal Canada
Saturday, OCTOBER 1, 2016 18:15. UTC -4
SENIOR PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM

Time in other places
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

START ORDER

StN.NameNationRankScore
Warm-Up Group 1​
1Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDSAUS633.00
2Kyu Eun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAMKOR543.88
3Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFECAN464.40
Warm-Up Group 2
4Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRESFRA365.58
5Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAUCAN171.40
6Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRANUSA267.50

Entries​
Entries

No.NameNation
1Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDS
SP "Black Velvet"
LP Evita soundtrack
AUS
2Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
SP "Something," Beatles cover by Jim Sturgess; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
3Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
SP Skokiaan by Louis Armstrong; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Shae Zukiwsky
LP Cinema Paradiso soundtrack by Ennio Morricone; choreo by David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
4Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
SP "Earned It" (Fifty Shades of Grey) by Weeknd
LP The Sound of Silence by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, performed by Disturbed
FRA
5Kyu Eun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM
SP "Historia de un Amour" and "Mambo No. 8" by Perez Prado
LP The Man of La Mancha soundtrack, including The Impossible Dream, performed by The Boston Pops Orchestra and Linda Eder
KOR
6Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
SP Fallin' by Alicia Keys; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS Don't Stop Believin'; Open Arms; Any Way You Want It, by Journey; choreo. by Julie Marcotte
USA

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The event seems to be put forward by about 10 min? It is supposed to start at 18:15 local time.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Who will join me in a prayer circle for the Australians?

Dear Lord, let them pop every jump, get level 1s on their spins, forget their step sequence, I don't care- just let them get through it safely!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The event seems to be put forward by about 10 min? It is supposed to start at 18:15 local time.

Yes, I'm really happy I happened to tune in early! Otherwise I would have missed a bunch... but I'm pleased, because I have to leave at :45 past, and if I could see S/B my day would be MADE.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
They're on. He gave her a pep talk while they were waiting to be announced. That was the best twist I've seen out of them so far, but the jumps and lifts are the same. Fall on back crossovers :hopelessness:

Made it through! :clap:

Now, it looks to me that they do the same lift all three times. Is that allowed?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know, that wasn't too bad from Paris and Matthew... I didn't feel as scared for them as I usually do. Three falls still though.

Edit: It really wasn't bad--a new PB for the FS by 4 points and overall by ~9. Good job guys!

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golly. Stephens and Dodds' lifts make me scared for both of them. He seems small, and then I get an impression that he's muscling her up. That's probably wrong though. I know technique and the woman's posture are just as important.

I was glad to see they both landed their SBS jump combo. But then she fell on a step, and that seemed to rattle her.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Paris looks shocked at the score... I don't know why.

joking aside, I really to want to keep seeing them in the future. I want to watch them get better and better, it's actually kind of exciting :hap10:

s_parks

Record Breaker
That wasn't too bad, considering both are relatively new to pairs, and this is their first season together. She needs to make the sbs jumps happen, but to be fair, trying to do them as a pair probably throws her timing off.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kim/ Kam. They have really nice expression on the instrumental part of To Dream ,,,,, I thought they needed to skate bigger with the big beginning music, but they stepped it up nicely at the end.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Camille / Andrew. They really showed the great impact that a well-landed 3T-2T SBS has! Just beautiful. I also thought they did great in regaining the energy of the program back in the last minute or so. (that darned middle!)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Sweet couple...I loved their inventiveness. The jumps, and spins will come. Overall a nice debut.

TGee

Record Breaker
Lovely program. Still looking to a strong future for these two.

Drew's background as a competitive ice dancer and solid singles skater continue to shine through. Great lifts, and hope that Camille gets more confidence in jumps in the pairs context. Not sure that she was a pairs girl before this relatively recent partnership.