Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
28 Sep - 1 Oct 2016

Montreal Canada
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2016 18:20. UTC -4
SENIOR PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM

Time in other places
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

START ORDER

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1​
1Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
USA
2Kyu Eun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM
KOR
3Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDS
AUS
Warm-Up Group 2
4Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
CAN
5Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
FRA
6Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
CAN

Entries​
Entries

No.NameNation
1Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDS
SP "Black Velvet"
LP Evita soundtrack
AUS
2Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
SP "Something," Beatles cover by Jim Sturgess; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
3Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
SP Skokiaan by Louis Armstrong; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Shae Zukiwsky
LP Cinema Paradiso soundtrack by Ennio Morricone; choreo by David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
4Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
SP Earned It by The Weeknd from the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack
LP The Sound of Silence by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, performed by Disturbed
FRA
5Kyu Eun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM
SP Historia de un Amor and Mambo No. 8 by Pérez Prado
LP The Man of La Mancha soundtrack, including The Impossible Dream, performed by The Boston Pops Orchestra and Linda Eder
KOR
6Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
SP Fallin' by Alicia Keys; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS Don't Stop Believin'; Open Arms; Any Way You Want It, by Journey; choreo. by Julie Marcotte
USA
7Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN
SP "Purple Rain" by Stacy Francis and Prince; choreo by Amanda Evora, Jim Peterson
LP "Don't Cry for me Argentina" performed by Madonna; choreo by Amanda Evora, Jim Peterson
USA

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Will be interesting to see who comes out on top here. I like Seguin and Bilodeau, but Mervin and Marissa have been looking good too. International debut for new pair Ruest/Wolfe. They had some nice moments at Souvenir Georges-Éthier.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Will be interesting to see who comes out on top here. I like Seguin and Bilodeau, but Mervin and Marissa have been looking good too.

Don't forget about James/Cipres. When clean, they are good too, they have really nice twist. And there's possisbility they will try Th4S in FP. Comparing to line up in US Classic, the competition is nice :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'd rank them this way

S/B
J/C
C/T

I think Ruest and Wolfe have potential....She is another one of these I am not afraid, throw me please, Quebec girls ;) ... she seems to have a solid 3T which is good too considering so many pairs fall on their SBS

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pfund/Santillan are not competing here, per Josh's tweet that Claire Cloutier flagged on FSU:
Josh's tweet says that he does not know why P/S ever were on the entry list.

P/S indeed are absent from the USFS press release today re the Autumn Classic:
And they're not listed on the USFS assignments chart for the Autumn Classic:

Meanwhile .... go, Kim/Kam :yay:. It will be their first senior international.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Don't forget about James/Cipres. When clean, they are good too, they have really nice twist. And there's possisbility they will try Th4S in FP. Comparing to line up in US Classic, the competition is nice :)

I like their chemistry, I really do. But after that fiery exchange in the kiss and cry of 2016 Cup of Tyrol I am afraid about how it'll go if they have errors. It's a silly thing on my part, but we practically saw the Hurtado/Diaz partnership break up in the kiss and cry at Georges-Éthier last season so I'm cautious in my support of feuding pairs competing in Quebec.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it is the water we drink in Quebec ;) we are intense ;)
I like their chemistry, I really do. But after that fiery exchange in the kiss and cry of 2016 Cup of Tyrol I am afraid about how it'll go if they have errors. It's a silly thing on my part, but we practically saw the Hurtado/Diaz partnership break up in the kiss and cry at Georges-Éthier last season so I'm cautious in my support of feuding pairs competing in Quebec.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hehe we will see... i think C/T have a hard time landing anything these days...
Breeds good competition. ;)

Oh and I agree with your podium picks, but would have Castelli/Tran ahead of James/Cipres.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So there is only 6 teams competing? :slink: Good thing there is also Nepela and Pairs event in JGP otherwise I'd feel very sad for Pairs discipline...

Btw. I actually think the podium will be as 4everchan predicts. But of course it will depend on performance. And James/Cipres had a quarrel, yes, but it was long time now and they're still together, so I wouldn't think of it much. With Spaniards we had heard soon about split, so it's definitely not the same situation.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Bad news: your client cancels at the last minute :ddevil:
Good news: that means you're in time for pairs! :peace:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This comp is running so far behind, I'm sure Pairs won't start until ~19:00

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait is this now?

"Now," yes. Should have started 20 minutes or so ago... sigh. And they're still resurfacing, so I think sabinfire's earlier prediction was unfortunately accurate. Feels like they've been resurfacing for awhile but maybe that's just me.

Edit: Just finished. So hopefully soon.

tulosai

Record Breaker
"Now," yes. Should have started 20 minutes or so ago... sigh. And they're still resurfacing, so I think sabinfire's earlier prediction was unfortunately accurate. Feels like they've been resurfacing for awhile but maybe that's just me.

Edit: Just finished. So hopefully soon.

I guess I might stay up for it then... would like to see Seguin and Biladoux anyway... though I will probably pay for it in the morning... but that's what the weekend's for, right?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I guess I might stay up for it then... would like to see Seguin and Biladoux anyway... though I will probably pay for it in the morning... but that's what the weekend's for, right?

That's the spirit! :hap36: :coffee: :dbana: