2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad the drama warriors are back and refreshed from the summer break :laugh:

sneakers

Match Penalty
NO, my lord, this is SPORT ! (and not the ballet)

yes sport, and her program was designed to rack as many points as possible
back loading all the jumps got her enough bonus points even if most of her jumps got 0 +goes

mcq

Record Breaker
Did you check her PCS? Skaters can be overscored on PCS as well. 4 points higher than Rin and Kaori. That is not right, sorry. Of course she deserved to win, but 126 is overscored. Marin Hondas beautiful skated freeskate at junior worlds also got 126. And IMO Zagitova is nowhere near Marin (even with 100% of the jumps in second half and rippons everywhere).

She got 57, about the same as Wakaba but lower than Polina and Sotskova (last season) which is about okay in my opinion. Marin did not backload so that is why her score is only 126 (then). I do think had these two were in the same event Marin probably should have about 2-3 pts PCS over her though. I think last year's junior like Polina and Marin would get higher PCS this season (when clean) too. Maybe even >60 pts? Who knows

sneakers

Match Penalty
maybe she will have her personality show more in the upcoming competitions, but as of now
she is like a hybrid of Tsurskaya+Medvedeva, but not in a good way as of yet.

hugo

On the Ice
Did you check her PCS? Skaters can be overscored on PCS as well. 4 points higher than Rin and Kaori. That is not right, sorry. Of course she deserved to win, but 126 is overscored. Marin Hondas beautiful skated freeskate at junior worlds also got 126. And IMO Zagitova is nowhere near Marin (even with 100% of the jumps in second half and rippons everywhere).

Rin ? being 19y old she should be for a long time in seniors. It's shame for her competing with 14y girls ! I can add that if not this terrible accident with Tarusina, today would be likely double win of russian babes. I can imagine now Eteri and her smile of triumph with her new experiment ;)

sneakers

Match Penalty
Rin ? being 19y old she should be for a long time in seniors. It's shame for her competing with 14y girls ! I can add that if not this terrible accident with Tarusina, today would be likely double win of russian babes. I can imagine now Eteri and her smile of triumph with her new experiment ;)

Rin is 19 ? I didn't even realize that, she's been in the JGP circuit for ages. :slink:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I just wish someone would talk to Eteri to calm down a bit on the backloading (like maybe put 1-2 jumps in the first half??). The program and performance would probably look nicer and more balanced and it won't be so taxing on the skaters. It would result in higher GOEs and PCS and the score would have been more or less the same but the impression on the program and the skater as a whole will be much better :slink:

But it seems that ISU rewards a lot this kind of approach (backloading programs, any form of jumping variations, crazy transitions,..), and i tend to agree with them as long as the program keeps interested the audience.

I think they (btw what's the name of that young guy who works with Eteri?) have done a nice job with the SP while the long looks cheap, maybe because they had just few months to do everything or maybe because Alina won't be considered as the best russian junior skater.

Last edited:

georgiana

Rinkside
its called code whoring
blame the IJS. :slink:

I would call it reward for attempting (and succeding) difficulty. Nobody calls Simone Biles a "code *****" because she goes for the most difficult elements and connections. Call me silly but I think, I think that if every figure skater would be capable of putting all the jumps at the end of the program, he/she would do it. You need amazing stamina/ strength both physically and mentally for that. Alina clearly needs to improve skating skills and I'm not 100% sure that she will be able to do this kind of program 2 years from now. Let's congratulate her for what she did today. Is nothing less than impressive!

sneakers

Match Penalty
I would call it reward for attempting (and succeding) difficulty. Nobody calls Simone Biles a "code *****" because she goes for the most difficult elements and connections. Call me silly but I think, I think that if every figure skater would be capable of putting all the jumps at the end of the program, he/she would do it. You need amazing stamina/ strength both physically and mentally for that. Alina clearly needs to improve skating skills and I'm not 100% sure that she will be able to do this kind of program 2 years from now. Let's congratulate her for what she did today. Is nothing less than impressive!

yes but some have already complain this disrupts the flow of the program, and suggests of minimizing the allowed number of jumps to be backloaded or even penalizing in transition scores. Eteri Tutberidze knows how the IJS works, that is why her students maxes out on the bonus points. Tanos galore + backloaded jumps, Medvedeva, Tsurskaya now we have Zagitova.

Zagitova has prospect but she really needs to improve her glaring skating skills weakness, also the hunched back to gain speed and pitch forward jumps. Hope she fixes this in the coming events.

Last edited:

hugo

On the Ice
I think they (btw what's the name of that young guy who works with Eteri?) have done a nice job with the SP while the long looks cheap, maybe because they had just few months to do everythign or maybe because Alina won't be considered as the best russian junior skater.
Danil Gleychegauz, choreo in Eteri team

Kuan

Final Flight

:disagree: What a shabby comment. I think it is not Rins decision alone. I think she wants to compete on senior level.
And what kind of experiment is it, your are talking about? Making horrible programs with all jumps in the last minute?

Last edited:

pororocheburashka

On the Ice

Why not?
Competition in Japan is fierce and Rin never participated at the world juniors or JGP final.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
But it seems that ISU rewards a lot this kind of approach (backloading programs, any form of jumping variations, crazy transitions,..), and i tend to agree with them as long as the program keeps interested the audience.

I think they (btw what's the name of that young guy who works with Eteri?) have done a nice job with the SP while the long looks cheap, maybe because they had just few months to do everythign or maybe because Alina won't be considered as the best russian junior skater.

Oh, I mostly agree too. I love rippons, tanos, transition etc as long as it makes the program more variative and exciting. I just don't expect someone would actually put all jumps in the second half. One of the reason ISU put the 10% incentive is because they want skaters to lessen the frontloading of the jumps so that the program become more balanced + reward jumps done in second half due to fatigue, but i think now these backfire a bit on them. I don't think people should be so hard on Alina though, this is her first competition of the season and she already looked that prepared and she needs to be applauded for that. What she has done is impressive.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Simone Biles not only goes for the most difficult elements and connections also the quality of her movements (e.g. air position, amplitude ) are also top notch. That is why she is considered the greatest. And general people do not question that. and do not call her "code ****".
BTW, I know nothing about gymnastics:biggrin:

berry8

Final Flight

Yep.... You are right:/
She was definetely overscored in PCS: I wouldn't have scored her so high in PCS.
This doesn't change the fact that, TES wise, this program (if performed clean) is second to none we have ever seen in junior so far...

berry8

Final Flight

I think they (btw what's the name of that young guy who works with Eteri?) have done a nice job with the SP while the long looks cheap, maybe because they had just few months to do everything or maybe because Alina won't be considered as the best russian junior skater.

Feel you are right! The SP looks a lot better...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i think the TES code ***** is saturated now. Girls have already put everything in the second half, tano/ribboned everything.
The next step is only 3A.
but i wanna programs that can hypnotize me to watch over and over again.:sad21:

georgiana

Rinkside
Simone Biles not only goes for the most difficult elements and connections also the quality of her movements (e.g. air position, amplitude ) are also top notch. That is why she is considered the greatest. And general people do not question that. and do not call her "code ****".
BTW, I know nothing about gymnastics:biggrin:

I love Simone a lot but her artistry (extensions, toe point etc) is something that still needs improving. I would love her more if she would do an easier line on floor but add some graceful dance elements or show a beautiful extension. I bet she will win everything even with an "easier" exercise, but more artistic :)

berry8

Final Flight
i think the TES code ***** is saturated now. Girls have already put everything in the second half, tano/ribboned everything.
The next step is only 3A.
but i wanna programs that can hypnotize me to watch over and over again.:sad21:

Luckily Eteri's skaters generally have terrible 2A tecnique...
What I find sad is the fact that there is not place for mistakes/weakness in Eteri's group: I mean... if you don't perform everything perfectly you will be set aside since a more perfect skater will take your place...
THere must be a terrible mood in Eteri's group... I start getting how Lip used to feel :sad21:

Last edited: