2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Maybe GOE and PCS from each event should be factored? :) E.g. let SC be the standard and COR scores be factored 0.8. And throw out the out of corridor judging panels so their marks don't count for records. :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
lol this is basically a 3.5 Flip

I think it's a pretty good looking jump but would recommend that the ISU better defines PR and any jump like this gets reviewed for a potential -1pt for excessive PR. Still a quad for BV purposes and unrestricted GOE. Would that make people happy? I'd be happy if they identified PR on the protocols with one of these ~ snake looking characters 🐍

I think the real issue is the lack on the ISU's part to identify and clearly define excessive prerotation

Last edited:

lakeside

On the Ice
Besides prerotation, Uno and Javier also have weak landings on most of their jumps e.g. Uno's 3.2f and Javier's 4s2t and 3a2t and should not have received +goe.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
What?

What?

Like, seriously, what?

what? what?
skating clean or with mistakes shouldn't affects like transitions, skating skills, composition even interpretation (if the interpretation isn't affected by the falls) and it definitely does. It should affect performance for sure but it shouldn't the rest. Having jump mistakes doesn't make your skating skills suddently disappear or the structure and chores of the program any less good. It is disruptive so it should be reflected in the PE but as of now, all components scores are completely dependent of the tech and that's not fair

Rissa

Record Breaker
what? what?
skating clean or with mistakes shouldn't affects like transitions, skating skills, composition even interpretation (if the interpretation isn't affected by the falls) and it definitely does. It should affect performance for sure but it shouldn't the rest. Having jump mistakes doesn't make your skating skills suddently disappear or the structure and chores of the program any less good. It is disruptive so it should be reflected in the PE but as of now, all components scores are completely dependent of the tech and that's not fair

Oh for Pete's sake, I've been here for 2 years and the one spiel that is GUARANTEED to pop up is, paraphrased, "How did he get those PCS with that fall/those mistakes? You should NEVER get those PCS with that fall/those mistakes!"

And now when a skater skates well, and is awarded for it in PCS, it's bad too ? What the hell.

Clean skate affects PCS in a positive way all across the board. Your skating skills look better when you don't fall and stumble, you choreo looks better, you interpretation looks better, execution, performance, EVERYTHING looks better. Because yeah, those falls and hand downs were a part of the composition, right. And they wete such a nice interpretational touch, of course. Pffft, they don't affect them at all. What a bullcrap. In the era when a clean skate is a rarity, it goddamn sure SHOULD get a boost.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://i.giphy.com/q5MQnjD9CmPPa.gif
Your standards for good looking jump is quite low.
Given that Yulia at her top form had quite great flow and landing.

I agree that I'm pretty lenient because in general I don't like and trust tech panels to be consistent but that said....I'd hammer Shomo on GOE for some of his landing if I were a judge. Now there is always a case where eeking out or saving a jump might get some leniency from me but I think that's a rare exception. Holding out a jump on a solid edge and flow is my most important aspect of a jump.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Oh for Pete's sake, I've been here for 2 years and the one spiel that is GUARANTEED to pop up is, paraphrased, "How did he get those PCS with a fall? You should NEVER get those PCS with a fall!"

And now when a skater skates well, and is awarded for it in PCS, it's bad too ? What the hell.

Clean skate affects PCS in a positive way all across the board. Your skating skills look better when you don't fall and stumble, you choreo looks better, you interpretation looks better, execution, performance, EVERYTHING looks better. Because yeah, those falls and hand downs were a part of the composition, right. And they wete such a nice interpretational touch, of course. Pffft, they don't affect them at all. What a bullcrap. In the era when a clean skate is a rarity, it goddamn sure SHOULD get a boost.

i disagree that is why PCS mean absolutely nothing now. If skating clean does make your interpretation better because you sell your program like no tomorrow then yeah your interpretation should get better. But not all falls affect your int. If it is not affected it shouldn't be affecting the marks.
The same for the contrary if your are super clean but don't emote anything, your int shouldn't skyrocket like you skated a masterpiece.
Same for every component skating clean is great but because you didn't fall on one of your elements doesn't mean you should automatically receive 9.75 in SS

chloepoco

Medalist
Patrick is the ultimate skater in terms of interpretation and overall quality. Hanyu is the ultimate jumper and has a unique presentation that some enjoy greatly. Their downfalls are that Patrick is inconsistent with his jumps; Hanyu believes the ultimate adoration put forth by his fans equate to him being the ultimate skater ever. Javi is the one to watch. He is inching up on both of them.

How do you know what Hanyu thinks? Instead of stating this like it's a fact, perhaps you should preface it with "in my opinion".

lavender

Record Breaker
Is it only me or any other person that can not understand how Xavier gets higher PCs than Patrick and Yuzuru?

As much as I love Javier I don't get it either. However, the only time that I can see it being close is when he skates programs like black betty or his current short clean. So far none of his long programs have really clicked with me.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Why Hanyu and Chan suddenly included in a thread about Rostelecom Cup? Shouldn't people just focus on Javier, Shoma and other participants of this events?:scratch2:

:agree:

Nice to see Alexei do so well, and generally agree w the scores for Javier, Shoma , and Mikhail. Today, I enjoyed Elladj's performance the most, though, and thought he deserved higher component marks.

eta

Medalist
Patrick is the ultimate skater in terms of interpretation and overall quality. Hanyu is the ultimate jumper and has a unique presentation that some enjoy greatly. Their downfalls are that Patrick is inconsistent with his jumps; Hanyu believes the ultimate adoration put forth by his fans equate to him being the ultimate skater ever. Javi is the one to watch. He is inching up on both of them.

So you can read minds! :palmf:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Alexei Bychenko, good lord, LOL. Congrats on a strong technical performance, but that is a terrible program. Hamfisted music cut, no real choreography or interpretation to speak off, horrific spins.

I'm not sure why some people are getting really mad about Shoma's 4F in this instance. He landed completely backwards. Yes, the entrance isn't good, but he's still definitely within 1/4 turn on the rotation here. When he lands it short of rotation, like he did in the LP at Team Challenge Cup earlier this year, that's when a deduction should come. He has been getting the rotation this entire season, though.

Congrats to Fernandez. I wish the spins were better. The program isn't as good as what he had last year, but perhaps he will continue to get more and more comfortable with it. The section of choreography into the 3Loop is cool, he should really sell that hard with some finger pointing. His LP last year only finally clicked at Worlds so perhaps that will also be what happens this year. I'm not sure why they changed the look of his SP from last year, though. It doesn't feel as authentic as it did. Hmm.

ks777

Record Breaker
Alexei Bychenko, good lord, LOL. Congrats on a strong technical performance, but that is a terrible program. Hamfisted music cut, no real choreography or interpretation to speak off, horrific spins.

I'm not sure why some people are getting really mad about Shoma's 4F in this instance. He landed completely backwards. Yes, the entrance isn't good, but he's still definitely within 1/4 turn on the rotation here. When he lands it short of rotation, like he did in the LP at Team Challenge Cup earlier this year, that's when a deduction should come. He has been getting the rotation this entire season, though.

Congrats to Fernandez. I wish the spins were better. The program isn't as good as what he had last year, but perhaps he will continue to get more and more comfortable with it. The section of choreography into the 3Loop is cool, he should really sell that hard with some finger pointing. His LP last year only finally clicked at Worlds so perhaps that will also be what happens this year. I'm not sure why they changed the look of his SP from last year, though. It doesn't feel as authentic as it did. Hmm.

Because one poster is threaten by Shoma and she will post the same thing over and over and over until everyone starts agreeing with her.

Meoima

Match Penalty
People are questioning why that jump (do not look at the take off first) with that landing gets positive GOE. And it is not just one jump.
This got 1.17 GOE: http://i.giphy.com/nv3RPse38WWpW.gif

Of course people are complaining.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Because one poster is threaten by Shoma and she will post the same thing over and over and over until everyone starts agreeing with her.
Of course people are threaten by this http://i.giphy.com/nv3RPse38WWpW.gif

:biggrin: And darling, this luzt is questionable as hell, many ladies got called with the same kind of edge: http://i.giphy.com/l0HlUJgNk9JjoPztC.gif

And I would have made Javi's questionable Lutz as well if not for the camera angle cut that shot and only showed his upper body.

Let's agree that men in general are judged too easily when it comes to e and !.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*wakes up**reads the thread*

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah hanyu fans dragging him in no surprises and of course the chan fans too blah blah blah blah blah

level of actual discussion of actual skating that actually went on at this actual competition = 0