2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries

b-man

Final Flight
Ladies group 1: Asada, Hongo, Miyahara, Gold, Nagasu, Wagner. Too much to watch at once, but worth the price of admission on its own!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max and Brendan in consecutive practice groups :yes2:

Poor Brendan will undoubtedly be invisible skating in that group though. Don't worry Brendan. While everyone else will be ignoring you in favour of their precious "top skaters", I will be ignoring them in favour of you. :yes:

Sloopy

On the Ice
Ladies group 1: Asada, Hongo, Miyahara, Gold, Nagasu, Wagner. Too much to watch at once, but worth the price of admission on its own!

Just my luck...of course they would be in group 1. :noshake: It's because I want to get there on Monday to see it. Why couldn't they be group 4 or 5?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Max and Brendan in consecutive practice groups :yes2:

Poor Brendan will undoubtedly be invisible skating in that group though. Don't worry Brendan. While everyone else will be ignoring you in favour of their precious "top skaters", I will be ignoring them in favour of you. :yes:

At the same time he gets to warm of with Hanyu, which is kinda cool. And really Hanyu is wonderful, he likely is great to have in a warm up group. He is a polite, respectful sweetheart. If anything he likely will have everyone's spirits high and give Brendan a great start. I don't think this is so bad for him. He could do a lot worse I think.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just my luck...of course they would be in group 1. :noshake: It's because I want to get there on Monday to see it. Why couldn't they be group 4 or 5?

I feel your pain. 8:30 am is 5:30 am Spokane time and I am flying in the night before. Sorry, but I am gonna miss most of the men I want to see. But you can bet your sweet bippy I will be there for the ladies! :popcorn:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
You and me both! :coffee:

I wish I was in the States...these practices will be as riveting the events themselves. You get to see your favorite skater on the ice for almost 40 minutes as opposed to just the few minutes it takes for them to do their program at the competition itself. :gaah:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I wish I was in the States...these practices will be as riveting the events themselves. You get to see your favorite skater on the ice for almost 40 minutes as opposed to just the few minutes it takes for them to do their program at the competition itself. :gaah:

Yes... with my favorite skater being Laurine Lecavelier, of course! I bet her FS costume really pops in person! And since this is Worlds, all skaters need to bring their best... so bring the purple ruffle! :dance: My Worlds trip will not be complete without it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
You folks getting in early enough for both days of practice are incredibly lucky. Looks like I might arrive in time to at least catch group 1 on Tuesday (thank goodness they are the last group that day!)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I had read that as Pang/Tong was replacing Yu/Jin, haha! I am so bummed for Yu/Jin. They just get no favors from the fed what so ever.

Chris_E

On the Ice

Way too much to watch at once but it certainly will be exciting. I'm sure they will all be "competing" during these practices too. Going to be intense!

Skye

On the Ice
It's really disgusting the way the Chinese Federation is treating Yu/Jin. 2-time Junior World champions, 2-time Grand Prix finalists, 4CC Bronze medalists, and this is the crap they get? Even Anna Pogorilaya gets more respect from the Russian Federation.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*** is wrong with the Chinese Fed? Y/J are younger and have by far more potential then P/Z and the Wangs. Chinese Fed is hung up on seniority and not who's the best skater or team. This now makes it twice that they've been screwed out of going to Worlds. :mad:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't quite understand what's happened.... Were Yu/Jin officially named to the team - and then yanked in favour of Peng/Zhang? If so - why? Has any reason been given?