2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
That's ridiculous about Peng/Zhang replacing Yu/Jin in my opinion. I think Yu/Jin earned that spot over the course of this entire season, and I don't believe that Peng/Zhang could perform better than them at Worlds. In fact, I think they might actually do a little worse. :(

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Wangs are the team that should be sitting at home for Worlds this year. What have they done this season to deserve to go to Worlds over Y/J? The Wangs are going nowhere internationally.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You folks getting in early enough for both days of practice are incredibly lucky. Looks like I might arrive in time to at least catch group 1 on Tuesday (thank goodness they are the last group that day!)

Nothing lucky about it. All it takes is time and cubic dollars and a love for the senior ladies! :agree: Small prayer....please let there be no collisions ...lets move on...see you in Boston!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So for all of you who have done this before, how do I go about asking for skaters' autographs? I wouldn't mind getting a few but if it's going to be a big deal (for them or me) I won't.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So for all of you who have done this before, how do I go about asking for skaters' autographs? I wouldn't mind getting a few but if it's going to be a big deal (for them or me) I won't.

Usually practices afterward is a good time to ask. They'll also likely be autograph sessions scheduled either by USFS or by companies that sponsor skaters. (I got Meryl and Charlie's autograph at a session organized by AT&T at US Nationals, for example).

I find skaters are pretty willing to autograph. I just try not to approach them if they're doing something else.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Usually practices afterward is a good time to ask. They'll also likely be autograph sessions scheduled either by USFS or by companies that sponsor skaters. (I got Meryl and Charlie's autograph at a session organized by AT&T at US Nationals, for example).

I find skaters are pretty willing to autograph. I just try not to approach them if they're doing something else.

Unfortunately I don't have a practice pass, so I won't be able to ask at practices. Hopefully there will be some of those autograph sessions! Also is there some kind of program or something that we can (read: have to) buy?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Unfortunately I don't have a practice pass, so I won't be able to ask at practices. Hopefully there will be some of those autograph sessions! Also is there some kind of program or something that we can (read: have to) buy?

The official Twitter account was flashing pictures of it this morning.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

There is always a program....and, if you are lucky and have some bucks, you can find the media guide. Its big, heavy, and has nothing but a page with out a pic for each skater with all their stats.....the info is on the Web of course but the book is pretty impressive. Sometimes, things sell out early....one worlds, its was lanyards with ticket pouches...gone in a flash. Another year, in London Ont. the official merchandise booth didnt open till what? Wednesday? LOOOOONNNNGGGGG lines to get into that booth.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I might get an event jacket! The one I bought at Skate America has been good to me! So many runs...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I cheaped out at SA, but maybe I will treat myself to something special at Worlds. You only live once.

Yeah they are kind of pricey. But it really has been a good jacket...should clarify I bought it at 2012 Skate America, so I've had it a few years!

I hope merch has a cute teddy bear with a worlds t-shirt for my daughter!

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This question came up again and I received an email today from the LOC that says fans will not be able to leave after the OC and then reenter to watch part of the Men's SP competition.

One question I have...

For Wed Evening...would it be possible to catch the opening ceremony, leave, then re-enter for the final groups of the Men SP or would you need to stay for the whole thing?

R.D.

Record Breaker
OK, thanks for clearing that up. Looks like it's gonna get skipped then. :thumbsup:

:eek:hwell:

nguyhm

On the Ice
There is always a program....and, if you are lucky and have some bucks, you can find the media guide. Its big, heavy, and has nothing but a page with out a pic for each skater with all their stats.....the info is on the Web of course but the book is pretty impressive. Sometimes, things sell out early....one worlds, its was lanyards with ticket pouches...gone in a flash. Another year, in London Ont. the official merchandise booth didnt open till what? Wednesday? LOOOOONNNNGGGGG lines to get into that booth.
Is the program something different than the media guide? I really want a program but I wont' get to Boston until Wednesday. If anyone is getting there before me and is planning on buying one for yourself would you be kind enough to get an extra one for me? I will reimburse you promise.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Is the program something different than the media guide? I really want a program but I wont' get to Boston until Wednesday. If anyone is getting there before me and is planning on buying one for yourself would you be kind enough to get an extra one for me? I will reimburse you promise.

No worries about a program on Wednesday. They will have pleanty. A media guide for nationals is quite a book and well worth having, with lots of info. And now they put it out on PDF. The one for worlds that I got was entirely different than that. Very detailed about skaters but little general info....dont know what they look like now.....the one I got was at LA 2009.

aa456

On the Ice
This may be a silly question but this is my first time attending a FS event so I gotta ask. Are we allowed to enter the arena after an event starts? Im going to boston with some friends who will not be attending any events and want me to spend some time with them while we are there. So I will most likely have to skip the early groups for pretty much all events. Was wondering if we are allowed to come in at a later time, like an hour or so after an event starts.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, you should be able to enter after the start of the competition. Just as a courtesy to other fans and the skater on the ice, do not start down to your seat until the skater finishes and is taking bows.

Boston Worlds is a little different in one respect. Once you enter the arena you cannot leave and then return during that same competition. You can leave your seat to buy food or beverages on the concourse, but you cannot go down to North Station or anything outside of the security checkpoint and then try to return.

Tablets, ipads, kindles are all banned. TD Garden won't keep it for you so you would have to take it to your hotel. Cell phones are ok.

Food and beverages can't be taken into TD Garden (except for early practices before 11:00 a.m.).

Have a wonderful time!

This may be a silly question but this is my first time attending a FS event so I gotta ask. Are we allowed to enter the arena after an event starts? Im going to boston with some friends who will not be attending any events and want me to spend some time with them while we are there. So I will most likely have to skip the early groups for pretty much all events. Was wondering if we are allowed to come in at a later time, like an hour or so after an event starts.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight

What MFarone said.

Plus - please know that if you come late it is entirely possible that someone will be sitting in your seat. This is not fraud, or dishonesty, or a big deal - or even something you need an usher to resolve. Just let them know those are your seats and they will move. Many people are not given specific tickets with seats - skaters, parents, coaches etc. etc. They tend to sit in any empty seats available. Those who go to skating competitions a lot just take this in stride. Besides, it's cool if Adam Rippon's mother is in your seat - she's a very cool lady, by the way.

This is also another reason to wait at the top of the aisle until there is no skating performance on the ice before heading to your seat. You will need a minute or two to get settled and you do not want to disrupt the view/experience of others.

Last edited:

aa456

On the Ice
Yes, you should be able to enter after the start of the competition. Just as a courtesy to other fans and the skater on the ice, do not start down to your seat until the skater finishes and is taking bows.

Boston Worlds is a little different in one respect. Once you enter the arena you cannot leave and then return during that same competition. You can leave your seat to buy food or beverages on the concourse, but you cannot go down to North Station or anything outside of the security checkpoint and then try to return.

Tablets, ipads, kindles are all banned. TD Garden won't keep it for you so you would have to take it to your hotel. Cell phones are ok.

Food and beverages can't be taken into TD Garden (except for early practices before 11:00 a.m.).

Have a wonderful time!

Thank you so much!