2016 Worlds Short Dance | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds Short Dance

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And to think they are not even at their peak. This is still early in the season for them. :eek:

whatif

Medalist
Well there was just no contest here. I doubt anyone can reach G/P. Just as TAT I could not breath. S/S do have the best FD BUT G/P just a whole different planet. Very hard task for anyone to reach that.
C/L were majorly hosed. Canadians majorly gifted. And who cares about Russians.

Lexiglass

On the Ice
P/C were magical BUT I am anxiously waiting for those protocols to see GOEs on those twizzles. :think:

I'm dying to see the protocols in general! Beautiful performances in general today, but I'm particularly happy for P/C and the Shibs - especially the Shibs! It's really wonderful to see them have such a magical season. Poor Wea/Po - they are not my cup of tea, but its hard to watch a team want it so much and fall short.

My predictions post euro FD are coming to life !

I still guess WP will overtake CB in third because, well, they aren't the best but easilly better than CB... But VM's return is burning them even before it's actually happening, surprising.

Gold and silver won't move heads.

Italians still a bit high for what they put on the ice. Both teams.

bobbob

Medalist
Protocols are up. +1.63/1.80 for P/C's twizzles, so not much there. GOEs were huge, all lvl 4s. I'm surprised they didn't get any 10s.

I thought the levels were quite fair, and the judging overall exactly as I would have it.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Was trying to find the results from the first competition I remember watching P/C at, which turns out to have been their first ever JGP (Lake Placid, from the 2009-2010 season).

http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpusa2009/CAT004RS.HTM

They placed 15th in a field of 15, and interestingly enough the Shibs won that event.

It's kind of awesome to see how quickly they've transitioned to a top team. Only 6 international seasons. Winning the World Title in only their second Senior season, with the potential to repeat this year. Wow.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
+1.63 GOE (+1.80 is the full mark) for the twizzles of Papadakis/Cizeron......? Umm maybe...a little...too high? But no doubt about the standings though.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
P/C were just gorgeous on the ice, higher than I thought but still great.

Madison has enough presence to fill the stadium ;)

The Shibs define grace and elegance. So soft across the ice :luv17:

Plisskin

Medalist
Personally I would have had the Kaitlyn and Andrew in 3rd and Anna and Luca lower than 6th. Overrall, good competition though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm bittersweet right now, more coherent reflections will come tomorrow probably, but overall heartbroken for Kaitlyn and Andrew, over the moon over Shibutanis' progress and technical consistency and in awe on art produced by Gabriella and Guillaume - they are a rare gems indeed:so much maturity,calm, sublime expression, elegance and sophistication in every move and gesture. True magic, I felt for a while like in a fairytale they told us. Chapeaux bas!!!

But whatis the most interesting for me right now is 1. draw for FD and 2. GS members attending impressions on SD/duos

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
+1.63 GOE (+1.80 is the full mark) for the twizzles of Papadakis/Cizeron......? Umm maybe...a little...too high? But no doubt about the standings though.

That's a whole lot of GOE for those twizzles. GOE between 0 and +1 would not have been unjustified.

The program was beautiful, those twizzles were not. In a discipline where every tenth matters, the score on that element is a huge gift.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You're right about the Russians. Total score of 13 for 3 spots. My bad. I guess my brain is still reeling to see Russian couples in NINTH (!) and ELEVENTH (!!!) place after the SD. Their program is a mess.

oat

On the Ice
Oh yes you right i'ts only the 3th time that they skate (2nd in international competition) with concession. Imagine the next year !!!