2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

vorravorra

Record Breaker
So Stanislava is in seniors now and on the reserve team. She might get that RoC GP spot - it all depends now how she and others do at the test skates
Other than Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova, who at the moment are looking rather unlikely, it's just Stanislava and Serafima, really. So unless she does really badly, it should most likely be Stanislava.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Other than Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova, who at the moment are looking rather unlikely, it's just Stanislava and Serafima, really. So unless she does really badly, it should most likely be Stanislava.

I actually think the Russian Fed will try to get Adelina or Yulia there, since it's an Olympic season and they are two reigning OGMs. It would be great to promote the upcoming Games by showcasing one of them a final time as eligible competitors.

moriel

Record Breaker
I actually think the Russian Fed will try to get Adelina or Yulia there, since it's an Olympic season and they are two reigning OGMs. It would be great to promote the upcoming Games by showcasing one of them a final time as eligible competitors.

I hope they don't. Hope they give it to Konstantinova.
She was showing some promise after all, skated relatively well last season and deserves to be not left behind.

tars

Record Breaker
Yulia's SP last season was out of this world. With all my love to Evgenia I was spellbound watching Yulia. If she only could come back she might not win big time because with Evgenya's and Alina's tech it seems impossible now. And new juniors will be there in no time at all like Kihira and Scherbakova. But Yulia is Yulia - one of the kind star defying rationale and common sense getting under your skin straight to your heart. At least that's how it works for me.
That's how it works for many people.
I'm a YT freak - looking frequently for skating vids, I notice neverending stream of new Yulia tributes/compilations, unlike of other Russian skaters (even best-ever Evgenia).
People just love their little girl in red no matter what! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP63IkCuJEw

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am very curious to see if Alina makes a huge improvement maturity was and in power because that will be key. I also think Gracie Gold has a far better chance of making her national team and winning an olympic medal than Adelina or Yulia. That being said Russia has some other good skaters.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I am very curious to see if Alina makes a huge improvement maturity was and in power because that will be key. I also think Gracie Gold has a far better chance of making her national team and winning an olympic medal than Adelina or Yulia. That being said Russia has some other good skaters.

What is with the Gracie obsession on here? The level of delusion is off the charts.

tars

Record Breaker
Meanwhile in Russia... :laugh:

http://savepic.ru/14240911.png
[Good evening! I have a kid, little girl Amelka, 1.6yo. We urgently need to begin training right now, but I can't find a coach for my little one... Please help, I'm ready to commute to another city for practices...]

btw. Sergei Dobrin, now a coach was pretty good skater several years ago.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Meanwhile in Russia... :laugh:

http://savepic.ru/14240911.png
[Good evening! I have a kid, little girl Amelka, 1.6yo. We urgently need to begin training right now, but I can't find a coach for my little one... Please help, I'm ready to commute to another city for practices...]

btw. Sergei Dobrin, now a coach was pretty good skater several years ago.

coming soon:

"good evening! i'm pregnant and i'm desperately trying to find a coach for my baby, cuz she should jump 3A by the time she is born, please help me"

tars

Record Breaker
coming soon:

"good evening! i'm pregnant and i'm desperately trying to find a coach for my baby, cuz she should jump 3A by the time she is born, please help me"
Btw., exactly 19 years ago this kid took her first breath. :)

Sam L

Medalist
I want this to be Olympic team for Russian Ladies:

Alina Zagitova
Evgenia Medvedeva
Maria Sotskova