2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 138 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Good skater. They really should give her that one small little chance to shine. Whatever the int(f)ernal competition is, it should happen.

Especially considering that ABBA girl already had two JGP assignments, and Katia - no one. No JGP, no GP. What a shame.

Btw, what a weak season that was... Mitrofanova, Pervushkina, Mikhailova. Each girl has two JGP. Just two years ago. Hard to imagine right now.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Due to big number of talented Russian girls, let's organize a new rubric: honorable mentions of forgotten stars! :)

I miss this kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKOtKVT0f9Y

Without Lip and Lozko, I guess she's the best spinner in Russia right now.

wow, she is amazing... but the music choice is not so good for skating i think

speaking of Mikhailova... looks like getting a senior GP assignment is much easier this year than getting a junior one :laugh:

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Wow, the first skater I've ever seen in military camo, and it's a little girl. :biggrin:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
It was perfect choice, there were ovations in the rinks after her performances. I bet half of spectators had tears in their eyes, I certainly did.
Strong woman, strong song, strong performance. :yes:

I think it was partially due to story behind the movie and the song. But I'm not going to lie - she has great qualities but I checked her result page and this season didn't start well for her :(

moriel

Record Breaker
Wow, the first skater I've ever seen in military camo, and it's a little girl. :biggrin:

Imho military theme is underused. There is all sorts of historical military themes, and all sort of war related drama that could potentially make nice programs.
+ there are things like military marches and so on, they are good to clap along so could work with the audience.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
So how old is she now? She looks like 12 in the video but you are saying she is age eligible for senior GP??
I like the music. I don't like lyrics in general but it seems singing in Russian has the same effects of French lyrics on me, quite romantic but not distracting.

is kurakova already forgotten star or not?
here's her last season's sp from some competition in poland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOiH9IO3pLs
i'm still mad that mikhaylova got a rostelecom spot, instead of her

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So how old is she now? She looks like 12 in the video but you are saying she is age eligible for senior GP??
I like the music. I don't like lyrics in general but it seems singing in Russian has the same effects of French lyrics on me, quite romantic but not distracting.

Trusova looks 10 years old even though she's 13. This girl is something special, about the only junior girl from Eteri's camp this season who debuted this season in international competition who drew me in.