2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm not so worried. These scores are from different competitions, with different judges, and there's nothing that shows that Sonya would score higher than Sasha at the same event even if Sasha doesn't have her quad. Sasha's TES is INSANE and I think that her PCS will be rising--the Minsk scores also reflect the PCS WITH a fall. If she doesn't fall, I think her PCS will be higher. And she might get a quad fully rotated and landed!

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Sasha's BV is insane
SP - 34.77 - all level 4 - // 3f3lo, 3lz, 2A (SP in Minsk)
FS - 68.73 - all level 4 - 4S< // 3Lz-3Lo, 3F-2T-2T, 3Lz-3T, 3F, 3S, 2A. (FS in Brisbane) - If she fully rotated her 4s. her BV would be 71.13
total 103.5
possible 105.9 - with rotated 4s
total - 95.87
Possible 97.07 - if in sp and fs stsq will be level 4
total = 94.78
_______
Alena
SP - 33.29 - (stsq3) and // 3f3t, 3lz, 2a
FS - 60.69 - (stsq3) and 3lz // 3F3T, 3F2t2t, 3S3T, 3lo, 2A, 2A (with her 3Lz in second half as in should be - 61.29
total - 93.98
total possible = 95.78 (3lz in bonus as it should be and stsq level 4)
_____
Sofia
SP - 32.33 - (stsq3) - 3F3T // 3Lz, 2a
FS - 60.27 - (stsq3) - 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo // 3Lz2T2lo, 2A3T, 3F+2A+SEQ, 3F
total = 92.6
total possible - 93.8 - if in sp and fs stsq will be level 4

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
You're reading my thoughts, I also was going to do some math. :) Daria's and Alena's GOE is insane. More than 10 points. Daria's 62.58 -> 72.91 and Alena's 60.69 -> 70.77. Amazing! :clap:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just realized that today is a birthday of one of the legends of the figure skating, especially in Russia - Viktor Kudryavtsev. He is 80 years old now.

I have heard that Sergei Dudakov was a student of Kudryavtsev, and now he's teaching among with Eteri the young girls and boys. Who could know that there is a part of Kudryavtsev's technique in all results of Eteri's ladies... What a legacy. I'd like to say big thank you to this amazing man and wish him to be always healthy and happy.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Just realized that today is a birthday of one of the legends of the figure skating, especially in Russia - Viktor Kudryavtsev. He is 80 years old now.

I have heard that Sergei Dudakov was a student of Kudryavtsev, and now he's teaching among with Eteri the young girls and boys. Who could know that there is a part of Kudryavtsev's technique in all results of Eteri's ladies... What a legacy. I'd like to say big thank you to this amazing man and wish him to be always healthy and happy.

other "notable students" are Alexander Lakernik, Maria Butyrskaya, Ilya Klimkin and others...

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Imho military theme is underused. There is all sorts of historical military themes, and all sort of war related drama that could potentially make nice programs.
+ there are things like military marches and so on, they are good to clap along so could work with the audience.

I absolutely agree. 17-19th centuries are rather popular (e.g. Aliev, Krasnozhon and Young You in this season), but anything camouflaging is probably considered inappropriate for figure skating. A whole segment of culture is out for some reason.

Marches are formally used for ice dance, but I've never seen there anything resembling military.

moriel

Record Breaker
I absolutely agree. 17-19th centuries are rather popular (e.g. Aliev, Krasnozhon and Young You in this season), but anything camouflaging is probably considered inappropriate for figure skating. A whole segment of culture is out for some reason.

Marches are formally used for ice dance, but I've never seen there anything resembling military.

Yeah and well, dunno... For instance, that girls program - i´m not entirely sure it is a good thing for a kid, but i can see an older skater pulling out all the drama.
It could make an amazing olympic program even. But ohhh well =/

moriel

Record Breaker
That's what I'm talking about. Someone like Javier.

Actually Hanyu could probably pull something out too, ofc in a different style but. His Seimei program is not exactly a military thing, but still, and its one of his best programs really.

Probably a few senior ladies, and well, maybe some pairs.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Has Lozko returned to skating in the ladies field? I really do think she could have been something special had she received proper coaching on her jumps. Otherwise, what a massively wasted talent (those spins! best I've ever seen)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Has Lozko returned to skating in the ladies field? I really do think she could have been something special had she received proper coaching on her jumps. Otherwise, what a massively wasted talent (those spins! best I've ever seen)

She is now in pairs!!

MedoLove

On the Ice
Sasha's BV is insane
SP - 34.77 - all level 4 - // 3f3lo, 3lz, 2A (SP in Minsk)
FS - 68.73 - all level 4 - 4S< // 3Lz-3Lo, 3F-2T-2T, 3Lz-3T, 3F, 3S, 2A. (FS in Brisbane) - If she fully rotated her 4s. her BV would be 71.13
total 103.5
possible 105.9 - with rotated 4s
total - 95.87
Possible 97.07 - if in sp and fs stsq will be level 4
total = 94.78
_______
Alena
SP - 33.29 - (stsq3) and // 3f3t, 3lz, 2a
FS - 60.69 - (stsq3) and 3lz // 3F3T, 3F2t2t, 3S3T, 3lo, 2A, 2A (with her 3Lz in second half as in should be - 61.29
total - 93.98
total possible = 95.78 (3lz in bonus as it should be and stsq level 4)
_____
Sofia
SP - 32.33 - (stsq3) - 3F3T // 3Lz, 2a
FS - 60.27 - (stsq3) - 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo // 3Lz2T2lo, 2A3T, 3F+2A+SEQ, 3F
total = 92.6
total possible - 93.8 - if in sp and fs stsq will be level 4

WOW!! , this is historic , she has BV more high than Zagitova , and Mao Asada in Sochi (BV 66) . Imagine if she has 4s clean , and if she dominates it , then , she could do a 4s+ some 2t or 2f. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS, OH MY GOD. Scores will soar, Schcherbakova also jumps Quads, if Trusova and Schcherbakova move to Senior at age 15, we will have the highest scores in history, if people are already crazy about the Evgenia 150+ (which are totally possible with her BV and its PCS) I can not imagine the madness that will be.
In fact, they could score very close to the 145 or + only with TES in Junior.
I want to see that clean 4S, please !!!:pray:

Go, Trusova !:cheer:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
WOW!! , this is historic , she has BV more high than Zagitova , and Mao Asada in Sochi (BV 66) . Imagine if she has 4s clean , and if she dominates it , then , she could do a 4s+ some 2t or 2f. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS, OH MY GOD. Scores will soar, Schcherbakova also jumps Quads, if Trusova and Schcherbakova move to Senior at age 15, we will have the highest scores in history, if people are already crazy about the Evgenia 150+ (which are totally possible with her BV and its PCS) I can not imagine the madness that will be.
In fact, they could score very close to the 145 or + only with TES in Junior.
I want to see that clean 4S, please !!!:pray:

Go, Trusova !:cheer:
I know!! I can't wait!

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Lost myself scrolling in Youtube and ended up watching Lena's 2014 Russian nationals FS, where in the comments everyone expected her to win the gold in 2018. And to think she might not even make the team. :cry:

Lily flowers

On the Ice
Lost myself scrolling in Youtube and ended up watching Lena's 2014 Russian nationals FS, where in the comments everyone expected her to win the gold in 2018. And to think she might not even make the team. :cry:

As someone who always rooted for gymnast Vika Komova, I can tell you nothing is more frustrating and heartbreaking than lost potential. :sad21:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, seeing how the Russian girls evolution has been destroying them one by one except for Medvedeva is really heartbreaking: Leonova, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Tukamysheva, Proklova, Sakhanovich and now Radionova have been left behind with new waves of talents coming forward. It's not anyone's fault, of course, but it is really sad that these skaters do not have the time to develop and go through hard times, when they should take their career and progress more calmly: on the contrary, as soon as someone can't compete with the top girls she is under an enormous amount of pressure which often leads to retirement etc (see Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya). Sucha cruel world :sad21:

moriel

Record Breaker
Yes, seeing how the Russian girls evolution has been destroying them one by one except for Medvedeva is really heartbreaking: Leonova, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Tukamysheva, Proklova, Sakhanovich and now Radionova have been left behind with new waves of talents coming forward. It's not anyone's fault, of course, but it is really sad that these skaters do not have the time to develop and go through hard times, when they should take their career and progress more calmly: on the contrary, as soon as someone can't compete with the top girls she is under an enormous amount of pressure which often leads to retirement etc (see Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya). Sucha cruel world :sad21:

Radionova has 2 GPs every year. Tuktamysheva has 2 GPs too.
Even Leonova is still getting 2 GPs every year just fine =)
What you said is very not true - whoever wants to compete competes.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Sotnikova is not retired officially now.. Prokolova retired because of her injuries..