2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 184 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

madison

Record Breaker
Yes.... Don't forget to say it to Tsurskaya or Erohov or Skirda or even Moris. I think they have no idea that "evil Eteri" has already get rid of them a couple of times because they "don't do well"...
or Kostornaya... who was struggling all last season after her injury... and Eteri took her.

"Shelepen, Pitkeev, Voronov, Lipnitskaya" they left Eteri by themselves. Nobody "gets rid of them". It was THEIR decision. It's not Eteri who sent them away.

Is Eteri with Alina in France? Cause I saw a short clip - I think it was from the airport- and there were only Zagi, Daniil and Moris.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Puremagic :love:, I'm worried for Alina now...

Alina is a strong girl. Daniil with her, so she'll be just fine. :) But that's really pity, because I wanted to see Eteri with Alina in K&C and their cute preparation before the skate... :(

madison

Record Breaker
Alina is a strong girl. Daniil with her, so she'll be just fine. :) But that's really pity, because I wanted to see Eteri with Alina in K&C and their cute preparation before the skate... :(

I don't know....I'm worried... she doesn't have a good astrological chart right now to begin with.
And Daniil .... I read comments that they get along well.... maybe it's true but I don't think he has the same authority as Eteri in front of Alina.

madison

Record Breaker
Thanks! Let's hope Eteri just was in the duty free shop, and that's why madison didn't see her in airport in some video. :)

madison, see? Nothing to worry about! :ghug:

:luv17::love:
Puremagic, you are special :love:. you just made my day happier. When I read your comments, just cannot help, but to laugh :))).

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes.... Don't forget to say it to Tsurskaya or Erohov or Skirda or even Moris. I think they have no idea that "evil Eteri" has already get rid of them a couple of times because they "don't do well"...
or Kostornaya... who was struggling all last season after her injury... and Eteri took her.

"Shelepen, Pitkeev, Voronov, Lipnitskaya" they left Eteri by themselves. Nobody "gets rid of them". It was THEIR decision. It's not Eteri who sent them away.

On Russian forum it was described that Eteri screamed at Shelepen so badly that Shelepen decided to leave. Shelepen did not do anything wrong when she was being screamed at; she was injured and struggled with jumps.

Voronov described in his interview how Eteri changed towards him. Julia was saying something similar, and so did Pitkeev.

This is competitive sport and I don’t blame Tutberidze that she is choosing the ones that do well. She can’t teach everyone and she is in position to choose whoever she wants to coach, but I am not going to be pretending that the skaters I named just left ‘by themselves’. They may have left by themselves, but they were pushed into it by receiving Tutberidze’s treatment for skaters she no longr wants to coach. That’s a huge difference. It may not be popular to hear it, but while she is able to get the results from some skaters, she is not the most patient person and often decides to ‘cut her loses’.

MalAssada

Medalist
I hope #TeamShelpen continues to grow. It looks like she and her students are having so much fun and these little edits she does are awesome! I haven't noticed her coaching at Russian Cup or larger events but her kids have some talent. Hopefully she can get them there. Has anyone seen her coaching at any events?

The tough thing about coaching, especially when it involves children, is that it takes someone to "risk" staying instead of moving to a more known coach. See Eteri - Yulia did well, and she became known, Evgenia did well, she got even more known, and now she has reached such a great status people here often recommend someone to move to Eteri when 5 years ago she wouldn't have crossed their minds, and while I am sure she has improved a lot in the past 5 years, she didn't go from a so-so coach to a great one under that period.

tars

Record Breaker
People need to understand, nobody is perfect. Even the best coaches of all times became ones by doing mistakes and (possibly) hurting development of some of their early pupils. It's like with doctors - as frightening as it sounds, they ALL have learned and practiced on living patients, it's an inevitable and only way.
Claiming (or demanding on the other side), that some coach has been perfect match for 100% of her/his students is absurd.