2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 183 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Lana05

Final Flight
There will be many girls still competing in juniors (Tarakanova, Trusova, Shcherbakova...) and I hope to Tarusina, Vasilieva and Kurakova. They desrved at least 1 spot. It's possible that there will be even more medals next year comparing with current one.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I'm not the biggest fan of Kanysheva but she seems to be promising and will be junior eligible next year.
Yeah, other than that... I don't really know.

The main thing is that Sinitsyna and Kanysheva both have gleams of mastery in their skating. Pretty nice skating skills for the 12-13 yo kids, I would say. Artistry and musicality will come. They need to focus on rotations of their jumps and gaining consistency. There is also one good skater from Eteri's school - Diana Guseva. But her status is unknown. She didn't compete in this season at all. No Guseva, no Novakhova. Two gone girls. 👿

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Who is Sofia Bogdanova? You mean her? If so, the world is really small. But I don't get how she relates with figure skating. I tried to find her at fskate and sportvokrug - nothing. At fskate even Stephan Gogolev is exist, why she isn't? Where are any videos of figure skating with her? And some results?
I've watched many of the highly touted pre-juniors, Kamila Valieva included but what I see is nothing like what I felt with skaters like Gubanova. She has potential but it's not... to that extent. None of the skaters I've really liked, though when I like a skater it's usually for PCS-type reasons and artistry. My favorite currently is a 2009-born skater... There's a 5-year gap.

Yes, the roller sport video of yours - that Sofia Bogdanova exactly. It's pretty difficult to gauge how good she could have been as a figure skater, right? She quit ice figure skating at 6 because of scheduling conflicts after she was skating since 4 and switcher to rollerblades. I don't want to go into too much detail here even though she technically is an ex-figure skater. But what she's done makes me think that she'd have done amazingly no matter what she had decided to do. She won Russian roller sport competitions for her age group starting at 7. She won the European junior championship(u16) just after turning 9 - the youngest ever, after only 2 years of specific training for it. The difficulty/technical score of her program as a 9-year-old at jr. worlds(where she got bronze at 9 years of age) would have been 3rd highest even in senior world championships. She's a prodigy and I'm convinced she would have been one for figure skating as well. And the artistic abilities at 12(here)

Alright, sorry about this rant, but I do think her switching away from figure skating is partially responsible for this hole.

tars

Record Breaker
It's all about the numbers.
As I wrote before, there is definitely Kanysheva (2005), Valieva (2006), Akatieva (2007) and maybe 3-4 others, but if you look at 2002 alone:
- Zagitova,
- Gubanova,
- Nugumanova,
- Panenkova,
- Samodurova,
- Fedichkina,
- Gulyakova,
- Lozko,
- Mikhailova,
- Mitrofanova,
- Kurakova,
- Shuboderova,
you get the difference.

These are JW, JGP and JGPF champions and medalists or 'just' talents at least in some specific areas like spins, skating skills, etc.. I bet every single one of them will find some fan in this forum. It's crazy how many high level skaters you need for one Alina to represent the 2002 at super-elite level of senior Worlds and Olympics - and I listed only bigger names...

PS. puremagic, I forgot about one quite talented and successful novice girl from 2001 - Viktoria Bezrukova.
She was beating most of the girls at above list at her peak.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
And the artistic abilities at 12(here)

Very beautiful. That's really interesting: I just follow this channel, there are always appearing live streams with Russian local competitions. And one day, there was appeared broadcasting of roller sport, about which existence I didn't even know before that moment. Periodically, during the day, I watched some programs and competitions of cute girls. And then, really suddenly, I clicked again on the live stream and there were program of hers. I was impressed and recorded it. Then one user from this forum explained to me who it was.

But from other side, she has big success in roller-sport, this is great. I mean this is sport, it has to be different. We can't put all girls to the figure skating. I know also Polina Shmatko from Rhythmic Gymnastic which is gorgeous performer. After retire of Yana and Rita other girls look very bland, except her.

Back to Sofia, maybe she could repeat the path of Nastya Gubanova, but looking at her achievements in roller sport, I would say it's good that she moved there. I was really upset when those live streams were deleted, I wanted to download them, because this is really cool sport. Very interesting to watch.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
PS. puremagic, I forgot about one quite talented and successful novice girl from 2001 - Viktoria Bezrukova.
She was beating most of the girls at above list at her peak.

Yeah, I remember this surname. She and Tsurskaya were always 1st/2nd at almost every competition that time.

tars

Record Breaker
I've watched many of the highly touted pre-juniors, Kamila Valieva included but what I see is nothing like what I felt with skaters like Gubanova. She has potential but it's not... to that extent. None of the skaters I've really liked, though when I like a skater it's usually for PCS-type reasons and artistry. My favorite currently is a 2009-born skater... There's a 5-year gap.
I think Valieva needs much attention right now, because she's growing like a weed. :laugh:
She'll have to work twice as much as some of those small beans like Akateva or shorter athletic girls like Kanysheva. I hope Kamila's team will be able to contain those long limbs and preserve some traces of white ballerina. :yes:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The main thing is that Sinitsyna and Kanysheva both have gleams of mastery in their skating. Pretty nice skating skills for the 12-13 yo kids, I would say. Artistry and musicality will come. They need to focus on rotations of their jumps and gaining consistency. There is also one good skater from Eteri's school - Diana Guseva. But her status is unknown. She didn't compete in this season at all. No Guseva, no Novakhova. Two gone girls. 👿

What is happening with Novakhova??
I really should know this considering I'm her fan fest mother but I don't.

hanca

Record Breaker
What is happening with Novakhova??
I really should know this considering I'm her fan fest mother but I don't.

Very likely struggling or injured, because if she wasn’t, she would be competing. We will know after this season ends - if she was injured, she will stay with Tutberidze for the next season. If she has been struggling, Tutberidze will get rid of her.

voolfee

On the Ice
There will be many girls still competing in juniors (Tarakanova, Trusova, Shcherbakova...) and I hope to Tarusina, Vasilieva and Kurakova. They desrved at least 1 spot. It's possible that there will be even more medals next year comparing with current one.

I think that next season the main contenders for 2 spots in JGP are Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Sinitsina and Kanysheva. 4 Eteri's girls (but 1 ex Panova's) and 2 Panova's girls. I don't think that Tarusina, Vasilieva and Kurakova have many chances even for 1 spot.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think that next season the main contenders for 2 spots in JGP are Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Sinitsina and Kanysheva. 4 Eteri's girls (but 1 ex Panova's) and 2 Panova's girls. I don't think that Tarusina, Vasilieva and Kurakova have many chances even for 1 spot.

I agree.
Unless there's a JGP in Russia where they can enter a third girl, then I'd want to see Kurakova there.

hanca

Record Breaker

I think it is premature to be guessing who will get JGP events next season. It is still ten months away. Could anyone foresee at this time last year that this season Gubanova would have only one event? Same can happen to any of the girls you named. I would also not underestimate Tarusina and Vasilieva. As long as they don’t start being inconsistent, they are still in the running. Look where Kanysheva was a year ago.

hanca

Record Breaker
:disagree:

Well, she has regularly made life impossible to those who stopped delivering. Shelepen, Pitkeev, Voronov, Lipnitskaya... even Mitrofanova didn’t come back to Tutberidze after her attempt of ice dance failed. Tutberidze is great when the skater does well, but I wouldn’t want to be the one who doesn’t do well.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
If she has been struggling, Tutberidze will get rid of her.
Well, she has regularly made life impossible to those who stopped delivering. Shelepen, Pitkeev, Voronov, Lipnitskaya...

Yes.... Don't forget to say it to Tsurskaya or Erohov or Skirda or even Moris. I think they have no idea that "evil Eteri" has already get rid of them a couple of times because they "don't do well"...
or Kostornaya... who was struggling all last season after her injury... and Eteri took her.

"Shelepen, Pitkeev, Voronov, Lipnitskaya" they left Eteri by themselves. Nobody "gets rid of them". It was THEIR decision. It's not Eteri who sent them away.