2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Has anyone heard any news about Vladimir Samoilov? I just read on Serafima Sakhanovich's fan fest today that she's left Plushenko's group and returned to St. Petersburg, and I'm wondering if Vlad has left as well. He hasn't appeared on the Angels of Plushenko Instagram in quite a while.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Has anyone heard any news about Vladimir Samoilov? I just read on Serafima Sakhanovich's fan fest today that she's left Plushenko's group and returned to St. Petersburg, and I'm wondering if Vlad has left as well. He hasn't appeared on the Angels of Plushenko Instagram in quite a while.
No, it's not known what is going on with Samoilov.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Misha did what was expected of him. How well he'll do in the FS is impossible to know. I'd like him to at least hold onto the podium.

lyrichord

Rinkside
Russian Fed has got to be wondering right now what could have been at the Olympics if they let Kolyada remove the 4lutz from the SP then. He’s certainly got the skating quality to compete even with the lesser BV.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Russian Fed has got to be wondering right now what could have been at the Olympics if they let Kolyada remove the 4lutz from the SP then. He’s certainly got the skating quality to compete even with the lesser BV.

Yes.

He doesn't necessarily need the 4ltz: i would personally try to backload a pair of 4toes, one of them in combination with the 3t, he's clearly much more comfortable with that, and as you said when he is skating relaxed, you can see how his skating is so much better than what you can find on all these new kids.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Congrats to Dima & Misha:agree:

3 spots are back

So expect to see Lord Samarin next Worlds:biggrin:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Any real promising junior to go senior next season? I am not sold at the moment on Erokhov, Danielian has to stay for some years still as junior and learn some quads, but anyone else who might come from the shadows?

Kittosuni

Medalist
Any real promising junior to go senior next season? I am not sold at the moment on Erokhov, Danielian has to stay for some years still as junior and learn some quads, but anyone else who might come from the shadows?

There is one guy from Plushenko's team who is turning senior nextyear that i cant remember his name. He has quad toe and quad lutz. Also very good 3A. Good spins too. Decent muciscality. skiils wise he is better than Samarin in all aspects. Its just the matter of handling pressure and not headcasing. i suspect Plushenko's team will be campaigning hard for him since he's their flag bearer next year.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Are you speaking about Vladimir Samoilov? Some skills are very nice and he has also Plushenko's support, but i worry about his back a lot, he looks sometimes really stiff and i heard here that he had problems with it in the past. He has improved a lot from the last season to this one, he got also better places but he is still not very stable. His quads are very nice when they are working. I would not count him at this moment to get better results than Erokhov.

Lana05

Final Flight
I have a feeling it will be Erokhov.

I also has that feeling. It was only first his whole season in juniors and he is already WJC! Last season he was injured and WD from second JGP. He learned new quads and in interview Daniil said he has 4S, 4T, 4F and 4Lo now. He has time to improve himself

vorravorra

Record Breaker
There is one guy from Plushenko's team who is turning senior nextyear that i cant remember his name. He has quad toe and quad lutz. Also very good 3A. Good spins too. Decent muciscality. skiils wise he is better than Samarin in all aspects. Its just the matter of handling pressure and not headcasing. i suspect Plushenko's team will be campaigning hard for him since he's their flag bearer next year.
Samoilov has 4S not 4T.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Are you speaking about Vladimir Samoilov? Some skills are very nice and he has also Plushenko's support, but i worry about his back a lot, he looks sometimes really stiff and i heard here that he had problems with it in the past. He has improved a lot from the last season to this one, he got also better places but he is still not very stable. His quads are very nice when they are working. I would not count him at this moment to get better results than Erokhov.
Samoilov could have even better skills, he has natural talent, but what he likes is jumping and the rest is kind of boring to him. His back problems were serious enough for him to almost quit a year ago.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just watched part of the Worlds Gala. I really liked Mikhail's Metallica ex. Wouldn't mind seeing him do something like that for a program.