2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 74 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

kenboy123

On the Ice
At her best, Osmond could possibly WIN the event...but her free skate, YIKES!!!!...hopefully she does a clean skate today or else i worry about her about her status in the "reputation war"...it could be rough at the Olympics, especially if the Russians do show up at the Olympics...

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
At her best, Osmond could possibly WIN the event...but her free skate, YIKES!!!!...hopefully she does a clean skate today or else i worry about her about her status in the "reputation war"...it could be rough at the Olympics, especially if the Russians do show up at the Olympics...

IF the Russians do.... you hear the IOC banned them from competing as Russians?

jFarrisFAN

On the Ice
Any videos of Gabby’s quad toe yet?????
I don't think it's real. The story seems too perfect and unrealistic. She said she started trying them right after she got home from cup of china in the harness. Then she said she landed them cleanly out of the harness the next day. That NEVER happens.

abbykitty

Rinkside
I saw Gabby training some gorgeous 2A-3T and 3Lz-3T combos on her Instagram, so it's possible she may be reworking her programs to add the quad toe. she really has nothing to lose at this point since her and Kaetlyn are pretty much guaranteed olympic spots, and no other canadian girl has really stepped up all season or even come close to their scores internationally. guess we'll just have to wait til Nationals....

good luck to Kaetlyn in the free skate at gpf! her sp was fabulous as always... hopefully she can carry her fierceness with the black swan program tomorrow! :)

russianfan

Match Penalty
what she needs is just a clean skate in BOTH programs, and she can win against anyone (may be except Medvedeva)... i wonder what's the problem with the second half of her program, probably stamina? i mean its like absolutely the same every single time...

kenboy123

On the Ice
Honestly speaking, Osmond is having just about the same start as she did last season and we all know how that ended up, and positively speaking, she very well could win gold if no Russian shows up at the Olympics (of course i'm not wishing for that)...Virtue and Moir's chances at the gold at the Olympics have left the building though which kinda sucks, but, they had a great career, honestly...i never thought they would come back at all when they actually did...

mrrice

Record Breaker
Before this event started I think I would have been thrilled to see Kaetlyn win the Bronze. I still am but, if she had skated just a little bit cleaner she would have won the Silver and if she'd gone clean like she did in the SP, she would have won the GPF! What this does show is that her WSM was no fluke and when she holds it together she's a threat to win it all. She looks on track to retain her title and then we'll all have send her good vibes in Korea......:cheer2:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Honestly speaking, Osmond is having just about the same start as she did last season and we all know how that ended up, and positively speaking, she very well could win gold if no Russian shows up at the Olympics (of course i'm not wishing for that)...Virtue and Moir's chances at the gold at the Olympics have left the building though which kinda sucks, but, they had a great career, honestly...i never thought they would come back at all when they actually did...

I'm not sure what to make of this comment...:shrug: They were within a point of the Gold Medal and they were more than 10 points ahead of Bronze medalists the Shibs....They've been at this for a long time and I imagine they're looking to peak at Nationals and stay in that form for Korea....I could tell by Scott's subdued reaction in the KnC, that this was a box they needed to check and he's ready to move on to Nationals. I think they'll be ready....Their FD is great and if they nail that program, it will be very difficult to beat.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pretty sure Medvedeva, Zagitova and Sotskova will show up in Korea. If Kaetlyn wants to be on the podium, she will have to deliver a clean 7-triple FS, because those three ladies can do it and will be heavily motivated to do so.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Pretty sure Medvedeva, Zagitova and Sotskova will show up in Korea. If Kaetlyn wants to be on the podium, she will have to deliver a clean 7-triple FS, because those three ladies can do it and will be heavily motivated to do so.

As we know, Kaetlyn is building, with her best SP score of her career and her top GP total score this season. Not perfect but as many have acknowledge, her program is coming together nicely and if skated to its potential, will def. rival for a top podium finish.

BTW, do you remember when you used to criticize her skating skills, stating she 2 footed her step sequences, lacked finesse on her jumps, could only skate to show tunes, and never performed well outside of Canada? Kind of ironic when you think about it, as a reigning World and Olympic Silver medalists, with 6 GP podiums to date, now considered the best female jumper in the world with impeccable skating skills, an unstoppable SP and a FS to yet another classic. Ah Glory Days, eh chuckm, yes, they'll pass you by.

So, fast forward today and now what...7 was it?

kenboy123

On the Ice

how sure are we that they are going or are we just guessing, Medvedeva has already said she is not interested in going if she is not representing her country (not to be confused with she wont go, she still might), plus she is still injured...the other girls have simply dodged the question, keep in mind that all Russians can be eligible to go must meet a very high bar, plus they got to decide whether they even want to go, i will not assume anything,..

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
how sure are we that they are going or are we just guessing, Medvedeva has already said she is not interested in going if she is not representing her country (not to be confused with she wont go, she still might), plus she is still injured...the other girls have simply dodged the question, keep in mind that all Russians can be eligible to go must meet a very high bar, plus they got to decide whether they even want to go, i will not assume anything,..

Well, I hope Medvedeva does go. She's pretty much guaranteed the gold medal if she does (well, if healthy). She must have a lot of patriotism to even consider staying home.

peepsquick

Final Flight
Hi everyone! Just wanted to inquire about 4EverChan as I have not noticed any posts lately. Hope all is well ...