2017 Canadian Nats Senior Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Free Dance

CAS

On the Ice
There is a slight rise in scores for all three medalists so there must have been an accounting error in the original computer setup for one of the elements.

professordeb

Spectator
Initially V/M got 118.79 which included:
1 point deduction for time
CoSp was level 2 -- first time I've seen them with such a low level on this element; they have always hit a level 4 thus far this season :scratch2:
DiSt was level 3 -- have yet to get this to a level 4.

Currently they are at 119.09 as the GOE on their final element went from 1.80 to 2.10, somehow the incorrect GOE was entered for this element

A perfect score for V/M would look like this:
SD TES = 45.3
SD PCS = 40.0
SD TOT = 85.3

FD TES = 64.10
FD PCS = 60.00
FD TOT = 124.10

Perfect Competition Score = 209.40

TGee

Record Breaker
I like this one better than the earlier taupe (khaki?) one. That one, I liked the dress OK but not the color. This one is definitely a step up.

Feel totally the opposite....the khaki was totally haute couture [Montreal knows European fashion]....the pinkish one seemed like they were giving in to middle-of-the-road expectations rather than making the statement they should be as the leading team in the world.

rain

Record Breaker
Feel totally the opposite....the khaki was totally haute couture [Montreal knows European fashion]....the pinkish one seemed like they were giving in to middle-of-the-road expectations rather than making the statement they should be as the leading team in the world.

I thought perhaps they felt it didn't show up enough on the ice.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
he is mine ;) he waved at me when he got his medal... i told him to be discrete because you still have your illusions you know...
I didn't get a chance to watch any of the events today. :sad21: I only managed to get about 2 hours of sleep last night, my insomnia has been off the charts lately. Then I was at the rink all morning with our B1 Synchro team. Their first competition is only two weeks away, so we're down to the wire. Came home, had a nap, then went to work for a 3-11 swing shift. I have the TV on now at work, hopefully I can catch the rest of the competiton.

Thanks for the heads up regarding my husband Andrew. I'll make sure to wear a life jacket when I get the chance to scour YouTube after work tonight.

Sigh. This thread is very short. If I'd been here it would likely be 20 pages long. :p

maddiesparks

Rinkside

The dusty rose is very pretty, but it feels like a safer choice. I preferred their overall aesthetic (especially in photos) with the khaki. Perhaps the judges weren't feeling it and "suggested" she change it? Or maybe she just wanted a change herself... although I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she had a new dress at Worlds. Remember 2013/14 when she basically had a new FD dress for every event? That was kinda wild, lol.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
he is mine ;) he waved at me when he got his medal... i told him to be discrete because you still have your illusions you know...

What you doing here instead of writing the report on Mens?! Why you fighting with SarahSynchro for Andrew when you're there where he is and she is stuck at home and at work? Shhhhhh. Stop being distracted and tell us about Pchiddy.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
What a very interesting dance competition! I really missed those middle teams this year. I wonder how many of them were thinking they might have actually made the national team if they stayed.

Arnold/Williams: kudos for taking a stab at a come-back. I'm not sure they will have an opportunity to find the podium at any point, but I do think they could crack the top 5. Without the mistakes, they would have been there.

Sales/Wamsteeker: great job for a new team making their first appearance at Senior. They were fun to watch, skated clean, and just need time to develop content and maturity in expression. I don't see them making any waves internationally at this point, but they are so young and have good promise for the future.

Soucisse/Firus: I really, really liked this team. They are very well matched physically, and both come to the partnership with past successes. They have a good connection. Their programs have good content and good quality. I can definitely see them developing as a next tier Canadian team internationally, and benefiting from mentorship from the top 3, just as V/M benefited from the support of D/L back in the day. They look really good after one season.

We enter a different world with the top 3.

Gilles/Poirier: First of all, great to see Piper in such great shape after the flu this week. Not a fun week, I'm sure. Their SD is really a lot of fun. These 2 always play characters so well. Totally committed to the characters. I wonder how long it takes for Paul to grow that look from the SD. It's impressive. It was fast, quirky, and captured the essence of them and their music. I think their FD is one of the best programs they've done (although I also like Hitchcock). In both programs, their lines were missing some synchronization, edges were pretty flat often, and I noticed in the FD especially, when there was no quirkiness to mask anything, they really spend a lot of time on 2 feet, and taking turns with the work. Again, especially in the FD, you really notice their lack of real connection/real emotion with each other. As someone said, they have energy, but they really need content.

Weaver/Poje: I have not really seen them skate much this season, and I'm so happy to see how they are pushing themselves to reinvent their place in the world stage. I call it a really successful experiment, and hope they continue to grow and develop along this path. Their SD is a really good vehicle for them. Nice to see them loosen up and get right into the dance. They looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Couple of bobbles that brought down the GOE a little, and maybe a little PCS, but these were not serious mistakes. They have speed, some good innovative choreography, excellent connection to each other, the audience and the music, and still really strong skating skills. Same with the FD, which was really lovely. They have wonderful unison, really deep edges, skate and weave really close to each other, and a balance of work between them. It's a lot more complex than what G/P are serving. And it's a lot higher quality. There is no way that W/P should have lower PCS than G/P. I don't imagine this will happen internationally. I watched the US dance today as well, and I think W/P with clean skates could beat the Shibs.

Virtue/Moir: What is there to say? They are simply the very best that ever danced. They look happy, they are more connected than ever before, they are stronger and faster than ever before, and have incredible material. They deserve every one of those 10s. I hope they stay in this zone all the way through the Olympics. I am so glad they came back. It's such a good thing for everyone. I love it that W/P said that V/M coming back made them work even harder. That's the way it should be. Don't whine. Work. Everyone work. And the results for us fans are simply stunning. V/M are really in a class of their own.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
you are right... i fell asleep while writing the pairs.. up to men.. now...
What you doing here instead of writing the report on Mens?! Why you fighting with SarahSynchro for Andrew when you're there where he is and she is stuck at home and at work? Shhhhhh. Stop being distracted and tell us about Pchiddy.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Pffft, quit flattering yourself, I bet his grandma was sitting behind you and he was waving to her.

He's busy writing part 2 of the report on Mens. At least I believe so, unless he starts bickering with you here before posting that report. Or he doesn't make any more appearance until tomorrow PM.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He's busy writing part 2 of the report on Mens. At least I believe so, unless he starts bickering with you here before posting that report. Or he doesn't make any more appearance until tomorrow PM.

Oh sorry, that's right. You're always the voice of reason. Wait, no, sometimes you're the devil on the shoulder. You know that Kermit talking to Dark Kermit meme? You're Dark Kermit.

Anyway, I need 4neverPojes to finish his men's report so he can then begin his suspender report. Maybe while I wait I'll go read one of those rare threads about Gracie Gold's current struggles, because that's a new and exciting topic on GS. Gee, I wonder if anyone has ever suggested that she finds a new coach or goes to a sports psychologist?

*sarcasm detector explodes, SarahSynchro gets hit with shrapnel*

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh sorry, that's right. You're always the voice of reason. Wait, no, sometimes you're the devil on the shoulder. You know that Kermit talking to Dark Kermit meme? You're Dark Kermit.

I don't know about Dark Kermit but a devil has to sound reasonable to be convincing, no?

Anyway, I need 4neverPojes to finish his men's report so he can then begin his suspender report. Maybe while I wait I'll go read one of those rare threads about Gracie Gold's current struggles, because that's a new and exciting topic on GS. Gee, I wonder if anyone has ever suggested that she finds a new coach or goes to a sports psychologist?

*sarcasm detector explodes, SarahSynchro gets hit with shrapnel*

I'll wait for your report on Gold since I don't get myself informed about that exciting topic.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Andrew : is 190cm... tallest man I have seen in figure skating... and all of is 190cm are made of charm, elegance and pure beauty.

I like my men from chiddy's height to maybe 182cm (sorensen)... but for Andrew... there will be exceptions made... suspenders or not...

SarahSyncrho.... I think you should get a name change.... if you became 4everpoje we would be family... I may be then less inclined to play with Andrew's garments if we were related ;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Andrew : is 190cm... tallest man I have seen in figure skating... and all of is 190cm are made of charm, elegance and pure beauty.

I like my men from chiddy's height to maybe 182cm (sorensen)... but for Andrew... there will be exceptions made... suspenders or not...

SarahSyncrho.... I think you should get a name change.... if you became 4everpoje we would be family... I may be then less inclined to play with Andrew's garments if we were related ;)

I have a confession to make: when people give their height in centimetres and metres, I have to google the conversion to feet and inches. It means nothing to me, it's like pure gibberish to my brain, and I'm an 80s baby: the metric system has been used in this country for my entire life. It's just the measurements for length that I need to use imperial; for distance and weight and liquid mass and all the rest, it's metric all the way.

190cm = almost 6 foot 3. Fine by me, I'm 5'10". :p Just admit it, he's too tall for you, move along and live your life how it's meant to be lived: away from my husband. Shoo! Shoo fly! Vamoose! Skadaddle!

Maybe I should change my username for insurance purposes (staking my claim and all that)... But if not for me, who would be GoldenSkate's unofficial promoter of synchronized skating, also known as figure skating's pesky little cousin?