2017 Canadian Nats Senior Short Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Short Dance

kresslia

Medalist
I really think W/P need better programs. This felt like a let down after V/M and G/P, and not because W/P are worse skaters.
Yep, this program was a noticeable step down IMO. It's unfortunate because they deserve better.

TGee

Record Breaker
Unexpected bobbles from Weaver/Poje....Her stumble near the top, his loss of centre on a twizzle at the end of the no touch sequence...perhaps some nerves. But edges and tech, fluidity, nuances and work so evident.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
1. That close-up on Andrew at the beginning :love:
2. I love these costumes so so much
3. Him jumping over her is a great moment in there

I can't even compare G/P and W/P's programs, they have such a different feel.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I really think W/P need better programs. This felt like a let down after V/M and G/P, and not because W/P are worse skaters.

I like this short quite a lot, but it's true that it doesn't quite have the energy (or 'it factor' maybe?) that the other two have

TGee

Record Breaker
I like this short quite a lot, but it's true that it doesn't quite have the energy (or 'it factor' maybe?) that the other two have

I actually felt it had more it factor in the GP outings...I sincerely think that nerves impacted the energy, as well as caused the stumbles.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I would like W/P to bring a little more energy to the program and G/P more program to the energy while Tessa and Scott have it all, energy, intricacy, and performance.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Its all too close to call. but how many spots does Canada have 3? If all three get to go to worlds I'm cool :)

bwayrose7

On the Ice
I would like W/P to bring a little more energy to the program and G/P more program to the energy while Tessa and Scott have it all, energy, intricacy, and performance.

This is the perfect description, thank you! I prefer W/P, to be honest, but I genuinely enjoy both teams. All three top teams, actually.

matcha

Medalist
Awww man I calculated the time difference wrong and missed it all T_T

Piper and Paul would have been ahead had the lift not been held overlong....Not a bobble in perceived performance, but a costly fault nonetheless.

But it says something that a far from perfect W/P far still beat an almost clean (if not for the lift I'm assuming, I haven't watched yet) G/P.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I would like W/P to bring a little more energy to the program and G/P more program to the energy

That pretty much sums it up. :laugh: I'm a happy bunny tonight, as W/P are still second and G/P are back on track after Piper's quick recovery. Three spots at Worlds!

Kutien

Final Flight
Sorry, we have only LQ video =(((
1 Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir 84.36 video
2 Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje 78.92 video
3 Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier 78.15 video
4 Carolanne Soucisse / Shane Firus 62.50 video
5 Haley Sales / Nikolas Wamsteeker 60.26 video

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Watched the top3. V/M is a class, untouchable. Time flew with G/P, and I'm super impressed, considering Piper isn't 100% healthy :) W/P had those stumbles, but looked awesome anyway! I like that all 3 dances were in different styles :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Felt badly for the team that fell. I hate falls in ice dance.

Good for the top three teams. Not perfect from G/P or W/P but still well performed and fun. V/M are in a different class imo.

Looking forward to the FD.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just bumped into gerry aka PP. I hope he shaves his stache tomorrow. Nice looking boy.