2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Peter Tchernyshev choreographed T/M's programs, right? The same Tchernyshev who did Manfred Symphony for K/S. It can't be easy for choreographers to find the right vehicle for skaters who don't have much of a discernible personality of their own. It's like Petrov's godawful SP. The choreographers are so desperately trying to make these skaters less boring that they just throw anything at the wall to see what sticks. That said, I feel sorry for T/M. Evgenia really tries to sell it. I can't see her as sexy though - not in that outfit, for starters.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
LOOK AT KATIA AND HARLEY THEY'RE SO PROUD AND SMILEY <3333333333333

so proud <3

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That podium reminds me of last year's worlds Pair podium where Massot and Morozov picked up Han so he'd be taller than Sui! Good times, Good times.

gold12345

Medalist
But.. are we sure?? Like really sure? Maybe someone should check.

I'm surprised so many people are confused by this because the rules haven't changed in forever. You cannot add on spots at Nebelhorn once you have already qualified to the Olympics at Worlds. The US qualified for the Olympics at Worlds.

Perhaps the confusion is due mostly to the fact that the US had a total low enough for 2 spots at Worlds but was only given 1. One could argue that it would have made more sense to give France's vacated spot to the US based on Worlds instead of awarding the spot here at a Sr B.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
all right everyone, that's it from me, i can finally stop panicking for the day

goodnight everyone <3

:bed:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Which countries qualified athletes for the Olympics? I think there were 4 spots available? (Sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere in the thread)

So does that mean it's Australia, Austria, North Korea and Israel?

Alchamei

Record Breaker
:)
Dans le port d'Amsterdam
Y a des marins qui boivent
Et qui boivent et reboivent
Et qui reboivent encore
Ils boivent à la santé
Des putains d'Amsterdam
De Hambourg ou d'ailleurs
Enfin ils boivent aux dames
Qui leur donnent leur joli corps
Qui leur donnent leur vertu
Pour une pièce en or
Et quand ils ont bien bu
Se plantent le nez au ciel
Se mouchent dans les étoiles
Et ils pissent comme je pleure
Sur les femmes infidèles
Dans le port d'Amsterdam :rock:

Yeah, I'm not sure how many people speak French here but the last verse is how I would put it... Innapropriate? :biggrin:

(Still better than T/M FS but shhhhh)

TMC

Record Breaker
I am not Russian, but i have to admit, I love the Russian National Anthem... it makes me smile every time.

I was just thinking the same! It's such a grand tune. I remember we had to learn a bunch of national anthems in 2nd grade music class, and that one was always my favourite (although back then the lyrics were along the lines of great and powerful Soviet Union)

pearly

Record Breaker
It can't be easy for choreographers to find the right vehicle for skaters who don't have much of a discernible personality of their own.

I think you're right. I must confess I've only seen them last year and this year, and out of those four programs their last year's SP (which was NOT "That Man", that was Aljona and Bruno's program but it was so similar) suited them best.

I can't think of a style that I would say "yes, that's it, that's what they should do."

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm surprised so many people are confused by this because the rules haven't changed in forever. You cannot add on spots at Nebelhorn once you have already qualified to the Olympics at Worlds. The US qualified a pair team at Worlds.

Perhaps the confusion is due mostly to the fact that the US had a total high enough for 2 spots at Worlds but was only given 1. One could argue that it would have made more sense to give France's vacated spot to the US based on Worlds instead of awarding the spot here at a Sr B.

ancientpeas is really just kidding around though.

(But yeah, it's a case of people not reading the 50 million posts about the subject matter already in existance)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think there's a huge gap between T/M personalities on the ice and their real personalities.

As soon as she's finished the program, Evgenia becomes more animated in a gentle, lovely, understated way. I think it's related to the posture of her head and neck when she's skating. It makes everything look stiff. Whether he's the same, I don't know, because her head and neck distract me.

And the hip swivels are completely wrong for her. It's like an attempt to inject some personality that went horribly wrong.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Figure skating really, really need more programs like these and that Mask program. Woot! *parties*

edit: lol, not getting the impression you lot agree with me on this one. :slink:

Well honestly Winnie, No, I couldn't disagree with you more. But your post did make me laugh out loud. See? That's more charming and funny than T/M's entire program!

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
What are the judges drinking? How can T/M's program get higher PCS than S/M's???
I have no problem with T/M winning, it's fair and square. But holly cow those PCS...9.32 for CO...

You probably mean PE and maybe IN( they are skating to a swallow and cheesy routine so it should not be hard to interpret) they are definitely ahead of SS and TR even though Savchenko is a fab skater, Brino simply isnt.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think you're right. I must confess I've only seen them last year and this year, and out of those four programs their last year's SP (which was NOT "That Man", that was Aljona and Bruno's program but it was so similar) suited them best.

I can't think of a style that I would say "yes, that's it, that's what they should do."

I wonder how they would do with a more modern dance influenced piece like S/M or S/K.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
oh... so do you mean they get to enter 2 team USA teams in the team event? :coffee:

Maybe like with Bobsleigh and Luge! Russia 1, Russia 2, Russia 3, USA 1, USA 2, ETC.

hehehe. I get the confusion at the time that Worlds ended. I was confused. But.. it's been talked about a lot. Here and in a lot of other places.

Dear Americans: Unfortunately, due to a technicality you have one team for the Olympics and 2 for worlds and that is not going to change. Unless there is another exception I don't know about. I do think when the French turned down their spot it should have gone to you but that's not how it works. And I kind of like that one more smaller fed gets an entry. Go small Feds!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
You probably mean PE and maybe IN( they are skating to a swallow and cheesy routine so it should not be hard to interpret) they are definitely ahead of SS and TR even though Savchenko is a fab skater, Brino simply isnt.

Let's agree to disagree then :) I think S/M's program was far more complicated in terms of TR and overall composition. And in terms of SS Bruno has improved a lot but T/M's SS are extremely strong, so I won't argue the SS difference in favour of T/M.
It frustrates me that a team with so much talent, so well matched, with 2 very balanced skaters equally gifted who also happen to have very strong pair elements is given such a crappy program in the Olympic season. And maybe, just maybe, if the judges would "punish" them a bit on PCS (especially on CH and IN) they might change it. But I can keep dreaming.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Maybe like with Bobsleigh and Luge! Russia 1, Russia 2, Russia 3, USA 1, USA 2, ETC.

hehehe. I get the confusion at the time that Worlds ended. I was confused. But.. it's been talked about a lot. Here and in a lot of other places.

Dear Americans: Unfortunately, due to a technicality you have one team for the Olympics and 2 for worlds and that is not going to change. Unless there is another exception I don't know about. I do think when the French turned down their spot it should have gone to you but that's not how it works. And I kind of like that one more smaller fed gets an entry. Go small Feds!

OR MAYBE THE LAUNDRY GNOMES TOOK THE SECOND SPOT.

(Along with my socks)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Austrians have certainly come a long long long way in the last quad, so good for them. And I sincerely hope they get a chance to compete in Korea.

But man that must be one of the most bombastically overproduced versions of a lovely song I've heard in ages.

I'm amazed at how much Ice Dancing is influencing Pairs these days. Smart of them.
:slink: They are making ice dancing a bit redundant. Two or three of the best ice dance routines I have seen this year were skated by pair teams.

Those throws are gonna give me a heart attack some day :hopelessness:

Jesus just give up on that 3Axel already and rather work on your super high 3Flip.

That throw was big, too big.

May I suggest a moment of silence while we contemplate the underappreciated awesomeness of Rena Inouye:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QCbAYc2GSg

And to think that one baboon of a judge gave that 3A throw a -1.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:)
Dans le port d'Amsterdam
Y a des marins qui boivent
Et qui boivent et reboivent
Et qui reboivent encore
Ils boivent à la santé
Des putains d'Amsterdam
De Hambourg ou d'ailleurs
Enfin ils boivent aux dames
Qui leur donnent leur joli corps
Qui leur donnent leur vertu
Pour une pièce en or
Et quand ils ont bien bu
Se plantent le nez au ciel
Se mouchent dans les étoiles
Et ils pissent comme je pleure
Sur les femmes infidèles
Dans le port d'Amsterdam :rock:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guys, this is worth translating. So funny!

Oh, 'panties drop' got censored...

No, that made it through. It was "cherry pop" that got censored. And later big "....synonym for rooster" that I don't know this forum allows, (I'm just the messenger pigeon here, I did not write it) that also was censored.

Any time I've heard this song, it was always "He's a one stop shop, with a real big *ah*" The "rooster" was never mentioned, but you always knew what was meant. ;) But here, it was censored right after "shop".

The line "He's a one stop shop, makes my cherry pop" was never censored before, but here it was - at the same point as the previous example.

Strangely, I never actually noticed the bit of the song that nimi mentioned before. So, I wonder if it was replaced with "cherry pop" in the version I have been hearing for years.

As nimi said in another post, it's amazing the "Things you learn about when you watch skating"

CaroLiza_fan