2017 Europeans Free Dance | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Free Dance

whatif

Medalist
B/S are also very different style team among the top contenders. Their programmes may not be everyone's cup of tea but they are always original and very modern, without resorting to Adele and Sam Smith.

elif

Medalist
Europeans/Worlds judging is different than Grand Prix judging. There is more teams in Euros and Worlds. Even lower ranked teams doing some great elements. After watching 15 couples executing lifts more beautifully than Stapnova/Bukin, judges of course won't award +3s like candy. Last Worlds and Europeans showed that. I wouldn't award even +2s Stepanova/Bukin but some judges very generous.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
imo the rise of IK probs disappointing to them considering they were dominating then
Imo its really their time to shine
They're really sucha different team than they were in 2014 its striking She put a lot of effort in training & he oozes confidence & charisma!:bow:
I have high hopes for next season

I admire their grit as a team. I think they've spent their whole career always being the shadow of more promising teams and gone through declarations that they would be done after the up-and-coming team would come along and those declarations have been wrong.

I just watched their FD (missed it on the live stream cause I misread time zones, lol) and it was great. Definitely a case that they should have received silver. I did find C/L charming though :unsure: about the black dress...I like the contrast of the pink better.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
B/S are also very different style team among the top contenders. Their programmes may not be everyone's cup of tea but they are always original and very modern, without resorting to Adele and Sam Smith.
imo with the FD they def succumbed a bit to Montrealmush:slink:

Kutien

Final Flight
1Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA189.6731video
2Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTEITA186.6422video
3Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEVRUS186.5613video
4Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKOISR169.2954video
5Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS166.9365video
6Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRIITA163.6847video
7Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN160.6876video
8Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL156.02108video
9Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN UKR154.65910video
10Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS154.51812video
11Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR153.68119video
12Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA152.401211video
13Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN ESP141.361315video
14Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKISGER141.321513video
15Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSONGBR136.991914video
16Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Lukas CSOLLEYSVK136.641716video
17Cecilia TORN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN131.111418video
18Taylor TRAN / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU129.952017
19Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECALARM128.051619video
20Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEVBLR125.421820

Lota

Record Breaker
Well, defeat is really hard to swallow when the margin is small. It would be hella easier to swallow if both teams had been clean though (like WC 2014, which still hurts, but ok). Now, when the clean team is below... :gaah: :palmf: :) I'll stop now, this is bad for my nerves.

madison

Record Breaker
If feel sorry for Bob/Sol. I truly think they deserved silver today :(. It's so disappointing to see how politics messes everything.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
I admire their grit as a team. I think they've spent their whole career always being the shadow of more promising teams and gone through declarations that they would be done after the up-and-coming team would come along and those declarations have been wrong.
exactly
Kinda parallels with Anna btw :biggrin: new younger gals emerge & surpass her but she's holding on! (idk if she will even be Fed's #1, sadly probably not:hopelessness: )

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
exactly
Kinda parallels with Anna btw :biggrin: new younger gals emerge & surpass her but she's holding on! (idk if she will even be Fed's #1, sadly probably not:hopelessness: )

I have to admit I was not a fan of theirs until I saw them live in Skate America in 2012. The crazy FD, of course, was grand. Good timing on my part. :)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I think it's all about those programs. Even with a major mistake C/L still beat them. That, then, can only be about the programs. The judges prefer the Chaplin program.

I on the other hand do not.

I think it's all about B/S getting a level 2 in one of the steps and C/L's twizzles not being harsh enough penalized from a GOE perspective (I won't discuss about the level 4 because I simply have no idea if that call was OK or not).
B/S's PCS were higher than C/L (just barely).

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Rumour has it Ponomarenko's agenda is Igor's agenda. I don't like to believe in these things too much, but usually when Ponomarenko is on the panel Shpilband's teams do very well, and today wasn't an exception. Anyway usually it's nothing too scandalous.

It is not surprising since his son is in Igor's team

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Well, defeat is really hard to swallow when the margin is small. It would be hella easier to swallow if both teams had been clean though (like WC 2014, which still hurts, but ok). Now, when the clean team is below... :gaah: :palmf: :) I'll stop now, this is bad for my nerves.
haha I recently reread the threads here for WC 2014
heheh so much hate for IK & so much praise for Pechalat :laugh: & then CL won TADAAAAAAAA:popcorn:

I remember being happy PB lost I admit:cool:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
well Shibs deserved the Gold in Boston imo:slink:
Who knows maybe they can have another set of masterpiece progs next season
Everything is possible

Blasphemy! :furious: P/C's best competition to day was in Boston.
On a more serious note, I don't get why people don't love the Shibs FD this season. I LOVE IT

madison

Record Breaker
exactly

Russian Fed showed so little consideration to Anna at the national championship:hopelessness:... I mean they placed her on 4th, although she had an excellent season, winning 2 Grand Prix, and being 3rd at the Final.... :( I suspect that even Evgenia will be in danger next year, if Alina and Polina will be very very consistent and with better combinations. Also i think that they push Evgenia to try a quad, that's way she is adding triple jumps here and there in her programs, to bring something new.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Rumour has it Ponomarenko's agenda is Igor's agenda. I don't like to believe in these things too much, but usually when Ponomarenko is on the panel Shpilband's teams do very well, and today wasn't an exception. Anyway usually it's nothing too scandalous.
I wonder why he's being listed as 'russian' tho :laugh:
we dont need rivals if we have a 'friend' like him :laugh:
he just should be listed as North American:confused2:
It actually makes me root less for Carriera/Ponomarenko:slink: I know its unfair but I cant help myself:hopelessness:

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
haha I recently reread the threads here for WC 2014
heheh so much hate for IK & so much praise for Pechalat :laugh: & then CL won TADAAAAAAAA:popcorn:

I remember being happy PB lost I admit:cool:

P/B and I/K were my two favs that year so i was heartbroken for both of them lol. (but i wasn't on this forum)

auser

Record Breaker
That is kind of what I think and I certainly didn't think it when they said they were coming back or at the start of the season. I thought this was G/P to win or lose. Now I'm starting to think V/M are the team to beat. But it's still so early and so much can change and who knows what kind of material any of these top teams will have next year.

I do think the Rumba really does not favour the Shibs and is probably exactly what V/M wanted to see as a SD.
Why do you think rumba will not be good rhythm for Shibs(meant as curiosity not controversy:))

slider11

Medalist
I love Cappellini and Lanotte and what they bring to ice dance and particularly this FD. But the marking of that twizzle was clearly very divided by the judges and, frankly, with the foot down either should not have been a level 4 or not with positive or 0 goe's the way a couple judges marked. However, the whole atmosphere with a point deducted hours after the SD competition shows that there were all sorts of shenanigans going on here. I am not a fan of late changes. Judges have those 2-3 minutes after the performance to make adjustments. After that, scores should stick unless there is a computation error or if direct collusion (aka 2002 olympic pairs) is determined. I have a feeling there will be no after-party for that panel of ice dance judges!