2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens FS | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens FS

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
had time to re-watch and have to say that Misha stole my heart again - he may not have the quad goods like other Men, but boy, did he embraced the best he has...Watching him now is creating a feeling of some kind of 'absolution': an absolute purpose, conviction and ownership for everything he puts on ice, every movement, gesture and expression. What is even more remarkable is that his passion for what he does seems to be bigger than ever - one can truly feel the love Misha has for performing, creating a moments like he did in Grenoble, he mastered forming a super emotional, strong bond between how he moves and what emotion it gives out. And those programs - clean, pure, streamline, simplistic to showcase Misha in all his glory: how he reacts to the music, how much of feeling and dedication he puts into it; his arms, delicate and elegant flare of them, how well he operates them with music and overall program design is truly remarkable and gives a run for their money to most of Ladies. I'm glad that he not only decided to give himself another year of competition, but he seems to be so at peace with everything right now, and it influences his skating so much - and so well; there's a sense of mature acceptance from him and experiencing everything twice stronger. And his quality of overall performance, integration of all elements, polish and sophistication of movement, choreography progressed so much...He simply lit out the whole arena, taking people for an amazing journey with him:love:

ETA - coming back again with few point that came to my mind...I think that overall Misha captured the purity and beauty of the music in a way that puts an ease and harmony into the audience - I never had a nervy moment watching him, I just felt the timeless, quiet quaity of all he does, how well he managed to fit into that music. And there goes his brilliant timing, attention to rhythm throughout the performance: my particularly fave moment is at the end of 2nd step sequence when he portrays the rise of the violin by his hands so expressively to then stop, with lowering on hands right into the tempo change - it truly shows the care, deep thought he puts into every program, taking ownership, responsibility of the final effect and impact created on people. Such incredible maturity in every aspect of his performance, yet it's prominent this 'individuality' of style/carriage around him, despite competition. One thing is to have vivid, memorable exhibitions, full of exuberance, but to create such magnetic 'pull' by classical program, moderate the drama factor in it to produce depth and value is remarkable. For me, definitely one of the most inspirational skaters out there - keeps to inspire about his skating and my redition of the post is a proof of this:)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
You confused the names! Here. I fixed :agree: :

had time to re-watch and have to say that Lord Samarin stole my heart again - he has amazing quads, and boy, did he embraced the best he has...Watching him now is creating a feeling of some kind of 'absolution': an absolute purpose, conviction and ownership for everything he puts on ice, every movement, gesture and expression. What is even more remarkable is that his passion for what he does seems to be bigger than ever - one can truly feel the love Lord Samarin has for performing, creating a moments like he did in Grenoble, he mastered forming a super emotional, strong bond between how he moves and what emotion it gives out. And those programs - clean, pure, streamline, simplistic to showcase Lord Samarin in all his glory: how he reacts to the music, how much of feeling and dedication he puts into it; his arms, delicate and elegant flare of them, how well he operates them with music and overall program design is truly remarkable and gives a run for their money to most of Ladies. I'm glad that he not only decided to give himself another year of competition, but he seems to be so at peace with everything right now, and it influences his skating so much - and so well; there's a sense of mature acceptance from him and experiencing everything twice stronger. And his quality of overall performance, integration of all elements, polish and sophistication of movement, choreography progressed so much...He simply lit out the whole arena, taking people for an amazing journey with him:love:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
To be fair, Chan also belongs to the group that judges love to protect.

Yeah true, it is clearly s a system flaw.
However, if everyone skated to their best, Patrick would be the most undermarked by such a capped system where there's not much room at the top to distinguish quality standard.

When everyone skated not so good, and Patrick skated best, the system will still likely not able to distinguish and separate the PCS marks as it should.

What is the point of having competitive essay exams, if teacher is going to grade everyone 90%+. When in real life, 70% should be already good enough standard, while deliberately leave the upper 30% room for exceptional standard. All these rumble of federation interests marking had result in inflation to this crazy stage. If ISU want to keep this sport healthy and leave space where skaters can compete through PCS, they need to click a reset button.

rabbit1234

On the Ice
BV(SP+FP)
137.80 Shoma UNO
133.77 Javier FERNANDEZ
132.32 Vincent ZHOU
128.10 Alexander SAMARIN
124.40 Max AARON
121.75 Moris KVITELASHVILI
113.92 Alexei BYCHENKO
111.06 Misha GE
107.07 Denis TEN
106.24 Kevin AYMOZ
97.00 Romain PONSART

TES(SP+FP)
145.49 Javier FERNANDEZ
139.11 Shoma UNO
133.82 Alexander SAMARIN
129.22 Misha GE
126.80 Alexei BYCHENKO
124.50 Moris KVITELASHVILI
124.24 Max AARON
120.69 Vincent ZHOU
107.39 Kevin AYMOZ
105.57 Denis TEN
94.81 Romain PONSART

PCS(SP+FP)
140.22 Javier FERNANDEZ
137.21 Shoma UNO
129.12 Misha GE
126.00 Denis TEN
120.64 Alexei BYCHENKO
120.31 Alexander SAMARIN
118.00 Moris KVITELASHVILI
113.96 Max AARON
113.04 Kevin AYMOZ
105.52 Vincent ZHOU
105.31 Romain PONSART

TOTAL
283.71 Javier FERNANDEZ
273.32 Shoma UNO
258.34 Misha GE
253.13 Alexander SAMARIN
247.44 Alexei BYCHENKO
240.50 Moris KVITELASHVILI
237.20 Max AARON
228.57 Denis TEN
222.21 Vincent ZHOU
220.43 Kevin AYMOZ
198.12 Romain PONSART

The fact is that they won by TES.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
You confused the names! Here. I fixed :agree: :

puremagic - You're truly one of a kind!!!:ghug:, I'm laughing my head off right now, Alexander is for me also a special skater, with lots of potential and talent, and wherever Lord Samarin phrase appears, it puts a smile on my face:)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I translated german Eurosport commentary for Shoma's FanFest here, if anyone is interested. :eek:: Other skater mentioned are Javier Fernandez, Patrick Chan, Nathan Chen, Yuzuru Hanyu and Misha Ge. :)

Ender

Match Penalty
LMAO stingy?! Gurl. I suppose Osmond should have earned 75 at Skate Canada then. Although who are we kidding -- it would be absurd to give a skater (Osmond or otherwise) a PCS personal best with 3 falls, right? :laugh:

Carol Lane, care to offer some real talk commentary?!? "IT'S RUSSIA!!!!!" :laugh2:
Someone doesn’t get what sarcasm means

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Misha was DIVINE!!! What a moment he had out there! He just drew me in. Beyond thrilled for him to finally get his first medal on the GP!! He is a treasure!

viennaskater

Medalist
Denis Ten

Sorry to say, but I don't get this program at all. I'm not sure what Ten is trying to express and the music is just a wailing woman for me

It's actually a man singing - from Kazakhstan incidentally. I love the piece, so operatic, and I feel so sorry for Denis. :( Hope things improve for him.

viennaskater

Medalist
gosh..i must have been dreaming about pairs and ksenia..... i feel nothing while the crowd is loving kevin and kevin is crying .. and the silly announcer saying how wonderful it is to be at home and delivering.

What's silly about that? It WAS a great feeling for him. At least he's way more interesting to watch than Chan.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What does Patrick have to do with IDF? As far as I know, this is a competition thread, and Patrick wasn't there. I have seen many of your posts disparaging Patrick. Please be aware that relentlessly bashing a skater is not accepted here. We got it, you don't like Patrick.

Regarding what happened here: please keep in mind that if you are going to read these threads after the events, some of the comments have to do with the "live streaming".

There is nothing wrong with Kevin's performance. That's not what I am focusing on here. I had mentioned that the commentator was over the top a couple times. Here, after snoozing for half the program, so missing the beginning of Kevin's skate, I woke up with very little enthusiasm, saw the crowd being really excited and the commentator went to a place which is in my opinion, inappropriate. The Ksenia reference is something funny some of us live-streamers mention as a joke because she rarely smiles.

What did the in-rink live announcer say that I felt was out of place?

I won't go back, so free translation, from memory... After the skate, he congratulated Kevin. All fine there... but he went on and on saying : for a young boy at home, who may have felt worried that he was not at par with the competition, you have made it, you have delivered and the crowd has accepted you and shown you how much they love your performance. you should be happy to have met the expectations...

Or something like that... just before the marks were given... the announcer I am referring to, may I repeat, is live from the rink... Kevin, his team, the audience and the judges can hear him... His job is to introduce the skaters, thank them when they leave the ice and give marks.. not to go on and on commenting the performance like those on tv do. I thought it was silly, inappropriate, borderline patronizing towards the young athlete and definitely awkward.

viennaskater

Medalist
Regarding what happened here: please keep in mind that if you are going to read these threads after the events, some of the comments have to do with the "live streaming".

There is nothing wrong with Kevin's performance. That's not what I am focusing on here. I had mentioned that the commentator was over the top a couple times. Here, after snoozing for half the program, so missing the beginning of Kevin's skate, I woke up with very little enthusiasm, saw the crowd being really excited and the commentator went to a place which is in my opinion, inappropriate. The Ksenia reference is something funny some of us live-streamers mention as a joke because she rarely smiles.

What did the in-rink live announcer say that I felt was out of place?

I won't go back, so free translation, from memory... After the skate, he congratulated Kevin. All fine there... but he went on and on saying : for a young boy at home, who may have felt worried that he was not at par with the competition, you have made it, you have delivered and the crowd has accepted you and shown you how much they love your performance. you should be happy to have met the expectations...

Or something like that... just before the marks were given... the announcer I am referring to, may I repeat, is live from the rink... Kevin, his team, the audience and the judges can hear him... His job is to introduce the skaters, thank them when they leave the ice and give marks.. not to go on and on commenting the performance like those on tv do. I thought it was silly, inappropriate, borderline patronizing towards the young athlete and definitely awkward.

OK, fair enough. Looks like I didn't get the 'full picture'.

I do like to read threads after the events because I'm interested in peoples' opinions. I tend not to post during them because I want to concentrate on the skating, not be tied to a laptop, writing things like 'Ooh so-and-so's on the ice'. Yes, we can SEE that, duh.

Not that YOU post silly things like that. Anyway, that's my reason.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I tend not to post during them because I want to concentrate on the skating, not be tied to a laptop, writing things like 'Ooh so-and-so's on the ice'. Yes, we can SEE that, duh.

Some people follow along with the forum without being able to watch, if they are at work for instance. [emoji111]

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I enjoyed Kevin's performances a lot at the event because he could feel the music and move freely like gorgeous big wild cats although some of his jumps were not strong enough to get points in the quad era. It was nice for him to debut his senior in front of the home crowd willing to appreciate the young boy's innate talent. He has reminded me of Florent a lot. I'm sure it wouldn't be my sole impression on him as quite some figure skating fans paid attention to him during his juniors. :luv17: