2017 JGP Brisbane Mens SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Brisbane Mens SP

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Checking protocols and Joseph Phan was the only guy getting full level 4 on steps and spins. Alexei, Roman and Yuto missed out only on the steps levels.

Edit:

According to the judges, the best spin of the day was Donovan CARRILLO's CCoSp, with almost unanimous 2 GOE (one judge gave it 0... but that judge was harsh on everyone).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ted Barton's interview with Alexei Krasnozhon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huS8Gg2BsGk

He's learned that "Figure skating is not just the jumps, but what happens between the jumps" :agree::agree::agree:

I am very impressed with how much Alexei has improved his performance skills with the Cains; maybe training with Tim Dolensky, those spins will start improving too.;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ted Barton's interview with Alexei Krasnozhon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huS8Gg2BsGk

He's learned that "Figure skating is not just the jumps, but what happens between the jumps" :agree::agree::agree:

I am very impressed with how much Alexei has improved his performance skills with the Cains; maybe training with Tim Dolensky, those spins will start improving too.;)

his main issue IMHO is that he is very heavy in steps/footwork... he is fun to watch but will have to work very hard to get a smoother approach which is needed in seniors... that 3f-3l combo though... wow!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
his main issue IMHO is that he is very heavy in steps/footwork... he is fun to watch but will have to work very hard to get a smoother approach which is needed in seniors... that 3f-3l combo though... wow!

Agreed about Alexei's SS; when I saw him in the Philly International Comp, I thought, darn it Alexei, leave some ice for the next guy.;) But what I like about Alexei is that he knows where he needs to improve. This from a January (I think) interview:
"I would also like to continue to improve my skating skills. They are a lot better than they were, but there is still a long way to go"

And what you should appreciate, when asked about which skaters he admires:
"I admire Patrick Chan for his amazing skating skills. He just flows across the ice and it looks so effortless." So now you can root for Alexei too:biggrin:;)

(PS The interview was done by Brooklee Han of Australia, who trains with Alexei, and it was quite detailed and good:

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/alexei-kasnozhon-chasing-american-dream/

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Agreed about Alexei's SS; when I saw him in the Philly International Comp, I thought, darn it Alexei, leave some ice for the next guy.;) But what I like about Alexei is that he knows where he needs to improve. This from a January (I think) interview:
"I would also like to continue to improve my skating skills. They are a lot better than they were, but there is still a long way to go"

And what you should appreciate, when asked about which skaters he admires:
"I admire Patrick Chan for his amazing skating skills. He just flows across the ice and it looks so effortless." So now you can root for Alexei too:biggrin:;)

(PS The interview was done by Brooklee Han of Australia, who trains with Alexei, and it was quite detailed and good:

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/alexei-kasnozhon-chasing-american-dream/

well I have never heard one skater saying they don't admire Patrick Chan's skating skills... those who skate know how special he is... but sure.. it's always nice when a younger skater mentions my boy ;) I will be rooting for Jo though... cause he is smooth as silk ;) but I am sure Alex will do very well and most likely will win this ;) I was very impressed by his commitment to his performance.