2018 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Free Dance

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thought I saw them at 4CC last year. The W/D from Cup of China.

You're right, so they were. Their ISU bio omits it entirely, how odd.

Song/Sun's ISU bio does show 2017 Four Continents. 11th place. See the column for 16/17 season.

Also shown on their ISU competition results page.

Is Chantelle related to Brendan? I feel like I should know this by now.

Siblings.

ETA:

Go, Parsons :yay:.

Go, Wang/Liu :yay:.​

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice performance from Kerry/Dodds. Depending on PCS they might squeak ahead of Song/Sun even with their lead; their tech score is rather higher. I hope they can get in some good work on posture and keep improving--I really enjoyed both these performances.

rain

Record Breaker
Far better speed right off the bat from the Australians. She in particular is a real performer and it felt like a cohesive program. They could work a bit on flow into and out of elements.

rain

Record Breaker
Well that was the first bizarre decision of the night IMO. Thought the Australians were head and shoulders better than the Chinese in every way. Yikes.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well that was the first bizarre decision of the night IMO. Thought the Australians were head and shoulders better than the Chinese in every way. Yikes.

As did I... hm. They lost a bunch of tech points on review so that hurt, but I don't see why the lower PCS. Oh well, this is why I'm not an ice dance judge I guess.

Edit: still a PB for them by 12 points though! That's a lot of improvement in four-ish months. Good for them!

rain

Record Breaker
Now the Japanese have to overtake the Chinese in the FD. I can't see how they won't.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have never liked the music from Love Story. I also hate the movie and that stupid tagline "Love means never having to say your sorry.." Which is claptrap.

But Good luck team Aussie2.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh cool, their coach was Pascal Denis? He co-coaches both Les Supremes senior and junior synchro teams out of Montreal as well.

Fun fact: Les Supremes senior’s short program music this year begins with Sambando, which Madison and Zach also have at the end of their short dance. I wonder who inspired who? ;) I know Pascal works with Marie-France and Patch and their army of amazing ice dancers. :yes:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I have never liked the music from Love Story. I also hate the movie and that stupid tagline "Love means never having to say your sorry.." Which is claptrap.

But Good luck team Aussie2.

If only all actual terminal illnesses had the lone side effect of making you more beautiful every day. :rolleye: