2018 Olympics Exhibition Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympics Exhibition Gala

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

viennaskater

Medalist
I think it's a bit off to expect skaters to hang around Pyeongchang just because they feel 'obliged' to participate in the gala. Personally, I can't see Aliona and Bruno wanting to do that, although in principle I'm sure they would want to participate. i suppose they could go home and come back - expensive to do that though!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
The skaters are given ice time to practice even after their event is over, but some may chose to go back home for media/additional training and come back for the gala/closing. Skaters are obligated to attend the gala if invited and need to have a valid reason to skip (such as injury) otherwise they'll be fined/penalized. I don't see any of the medalists skipping if they're healthy. Its just not worth having the ISU on your a--, plus you don't want the bad press.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I'm curious to see what EX will Evgenia and Alina skate. That candle program is too awkward for the Olympics, I think. But if Zagitova does use that program, props to her because that's a bold move! [emoji23] Same thing for Medvedeva if she skates to Meditation of Thais.

viennaskater

Medalist
The skaters are given ice time to practice even after their event is over, but some may chose to go back home for media/additional training and come back for the gala/closing. Skaters are obligated to attend the gala if invited and need to have a valid reason to skip (such as injury) otherwise they'll be fined/penalized. I don't see any of the medalists skipping if they're healthy. Its just not worth having the ISU on your a--, plus you don't want the bad press.

But do you think Aliona would care? She's retiring!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I think it's a bit off to expect skaters to hang around Pyeongchang just because they feel 'obliged' to participate in the gala. Personally, I can't see Aliona and Bruno wanting to do that, although in principle I'm sure they would want to participate. i suppose they could go home and come back - expensive to do that though!

They're still hanging around the games from their Instagram stories, with live feeds on occasion, so with the gala in just three days' time, we'll be sure to see them! :)

Andrea82

Medalist
T/M may not appear. Nina Mozer said she was leaving this week, and the pair might leave as well, as disappointed as they are. Frankly I am not sure how many will be willing to stay around for over 10 days just to take part in the Exhibition though, but I do hope if that's the case Vanessa and Morgan will fill in the blank.

Bobrova has an Insta story from the Gala practices and I see Morozov's ginger hair in the background.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
There is some gala practice goofing around footage in Misha Ge's IG stories :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When exactly IS the gala?

It's on Sunday 25th February from 10am Korean time.

Bobrova has an Insta story from the Gala practices and I see Morozov's ginger hair in the background.

I saw him and Zhenya T there too! They looked cheerful which made my day! :biggrin: I'm glad they've recovered from their disappointment.

Also Misha Ge's IG has all the best stuff! My favourite was the footwork bottle challenge! Misha has amazing footwork!