2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

brakes

On the Ice
What's up with all those magnificent costumes by Korean ladies? :love:
It's like they can't miss, every single one of them is packaged like million dollars! :clapper:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My homeboy Sihyeong made me cry, he delivered a near-clean skate with a beauty of a 3A with his half-broken ankle. Miraculous. He finishes his last junior competition in 11th, just short of his goal of top 10. While I'm mighty proud of him (you're the best thing from our hometown my boy) I can't help but be just a bit wistful about that top 10, but then again who are we going to send as the second junior man? Sunghoon the cactus with a Schroedinger's 3A and inconsistent :sad4: 3-3s? We wouldn't have been able to keep that second spot for now anyway, maybe when our men's pool grows a bit more larger we can aim for that top 10. Who knows, maybe my tesoro Younghyun will suddenly gain a consistent 3A and do make that happen before he ages out

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am now in love with Haein Lee. I've seen her before of course in the JGP's but she really made my day at this JW SP. I agree with other posters here that she should have been closer to Kamila in points. Still, she's deservedly second and made a big impression today!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Sihyeong's Instagram story is making me cry again, he injured his right ankle on the first day of official practice and couldn't even walk properly (and definitely not jump) after that. He thought of withdrawing but didn't because of JGP and JW tickets for other skaters :sad21: Oh my homeboy, you sacrificed yourself and went through all the pain and difficulties for skaters of the future (bursts into tears)

And there's the hashtag, #TooBadItWasn't10thPlace (translated). He really is the second big brother of the team isn't he...

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Sihyeong's Instagram story is making me cry again, he injured his right ankle on the first day of official practice and couldn't even walk properly (and definitely not jump) after that. He thought of withdrawing but didn't because of JGP and JW tickets for other skaters :sad21: Oh my homeboy, you sacrificed yourself and went through all the pain and difficulties for skaters of the future (bursts into tears)

And there's the hashtag, #TooBadItWasn't10thPlace (translated). He really is the second big brother of the team isn't he...

He fought until the end! He looked to be in so much pain though :( hope he can rest now.

Briananing

On the Ice
Hello does anyone know who choreographed haein programs this season ? I always ignored her SP cause i personally don't like Nocturne lol, but today performance was really amazing. The ss is as beautiful as her river dance so i think it was by the same choreographer right ?

And suprisingly seoyeong performance skill is getting better (atleast her face wasnt totally blank), a shame for the spin though. Will she move to senior next season as well ? I think it would be better if she stays for another season in junior, then repeat her crouching tiger, hidden dragon for her senior debut on olympic season.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Hello does anyone know who choreographed haein programs this season ? I always ignored her SP cause i personally don't like Nocturne lol, but today performance was really amazing. The ss is as beautiful as her river dance so i think it was by the same choreographer right ?

And suprisingly seoyeong performance skill is getting better (atleast her face wasnt totally blank), a shame for the spin though. Will she move to senior next season as well ? I think it would be better if she stays for another season in junior, then repeat her crouching tiger, hidden dragon for her senior debut on olympic season.

Haein's SP was choreographed by Yea Ji Shin and her Free Skate was done by Scott Brown :)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Y'all, first things first:

THREE TICKETS!!!!!!! :hb: :hap57:

Not only that, we have 14 tickets for the JGP circuit next season, so *seven* ladies get to have 2 events!!

I know a lot of you will be as upset as Haein the little phoenix was over her mistake, but 5th is no small feat. Last year she was 8th, that's a huge leap up, think about it. And I am so, so happy that my beloved Seoyoung had a satisfying first JWC experience and with 6th as a very solid result :luv17: Point is, I'm very, very, absolutely proud of my girls and what they achieved. :love:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I, indeed, am upset but I‘m also happy you got the three spots back. With the kind of talent South Korea has at the moment, everything else would be a tragedy.

That was one brilliant FS from Seoyoung and Haein still has her SP small silver. They‘re both amazing!! :luv17:

(I already asked in the comp thread but will ask here again in case you won‘t see it: the live results page spells Seoyoung as Seoyeong. I assume the first is the correct one since you use it. Still a bit confusing, I‘m not too good with Korean names and sometimes ger them mixed up, so sorry!)

Also, Haein‘s SB is still pretty high. What is the chance she‘ll get two GPs next season?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I, indeed, am upset but I‘m also happy you got the three spots back. With the kind of talent South Korea has at the moment, everything else would be a tragedy.

That was one brilliant FS from Seoyoung and Haein still has her SP small silver. They‘re both amazing!! :luv17:

(I already asked in the comp thread but will ask here again in case you won‘t see it: the live results page spells Seoyoung as Seoyeong. I assume the first is the correct one since you use it. Still a bit confusing, I‘m not too good with Korean names and sometimes ger them mixed up, so sorry!)

Also, Haein‘s SB is still pretty high. What is the chance she‘ll get two GPs next season?

Copy&pasting from the JW thread:

Officially it's 'Seoyeong' because her passport writes it like that, but since 'Seoyoung' tend to get the better pronunciation I use that one. Like, y'know how the GPF gold medalist angel gets her name spelled in three ways? Kinda like that.

Haein will honestly be lucky to have a GP spot, all the trio have two tickets (as deserved), and our ladies are prone to being skipped over (yes I'm STILL not over Yelim being skipped *three* times) and since she didn't get a medal her WS won't be high enough to get her high enough on the list. And as Yelim's case demonstrated, if you're going to be skipped over you're going to be skipped over. Her records make her a threat so I expect a lot of politicking over her, I'm trying to not hope too much over a spot (deep sigh)

Our ladies' pool has grown, we so need three spots for both juniors and seniors and it's still not enough. Nats is a bloodbath already.

skatenewbie

Medalist

98% of the time when you are in the top 24 SB, you will get 2 GPs. So Haein probably will get 2

Fluture

Record Breaker
Copy&pasting from the JW thread:

Officially it's 'Seoyeong' because her passport writes it like that, but since 'Seoyoung' tend to get the better pronunciation I use that one. Like, y'know how the GPF gold medalist angel gets her name spelled in three ways? Kinda like that.

Haein will honestly be lucky to have a GP spot, all the trio have two tickets (as deserved), and our ladies are prone to being skipped over (yes I'm STILL not over Yelim being skipped *three* times) and since she didn't get a medal her WS won't be high enough to get her high enough on the list. And as Yelim's case demonstrated, if you're going to be skipped over you're going to be skipped over. Her records make her a threat so I expect a lot of politicking over her, I'm trying to not hope too much over a spot (deep sigh)

Our ladies' pool has grown, we so need three spots for both juniors and seniors and it's still not enough. Nats is a bloodbath already.

Thank you for the answer.

Sounds crazy that Haein could be skipped over for even one spot. I thought it was a sure thing she‘d get one, with some luck, two. I‘ll just have my fingers crossed things will be just a tiny bit fair and she gets at least one of the spots she deserves. :pray:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Her SB is 203 something, isn‘t it? She got it when she won the JGP. So, she should be in the top 24... That‘s why I thought she‘d be sure to get at least one spot.

I need to see the SB list (I tend to rely on the WS list more as it's updated regularly) to be sure, but if that's the case she should get one ticket at least. I'm not counting on the second ticket though, because now her situation is quite a bit like Yelim's... :noshake:

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm heartbroken for Haein. She definitely seemed nervous today (her jumps in the first half weren't quite as on as they usually are) but that mistake came out of nowhere. Nevertheless, she's had such a successful season and should be SO proud of herself! I'm so sad to see that Firedance free skate go, it's one of my favorites of the season.

On the other hand, I'm thrilled for Seoyeong! Two fantastic skates and 6th place at her first junior worlds, you really can't ask for much more. I'm so excited to watch her continue to grow next season! I'm assuming that she'll stay junior, yes?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
On the other hand, I'm thrilled for Seoyeong! Two fantastic skates and 6th place at her first junior worlds, you really can't ask for much more. I'm so excited to watch her continue to grow next season! I'm assuming that she'll stay junior, yes?

She hasn't said anything yet, but I'm leaning towards half-and-half for my guesses. Fourth at Nats and sixth at JW is honestly senior-worthy, but since her shots at a GP spot are very slim I suspect she'll take after Yelim. It would be my ideal choice for her, I want her to go to JGPF