2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ There have been splits and new pairings in the U.S. As the summer gears up, we are sure to be hearing additional U. S. pairs news. Check U.S. pairs thread under Skate of Nations section.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Plazas/Fernandez. Spencer/Howe and Emily. The new teams that have been formed with possibly new partnerships to come.
But will they be allowed to compete at the grand prix? I really wonder how they will have enough pair teams for 6 grand prixs. :( But perhaps a chance for the German pair teams Hase/Seegert and Hocke/Kunkel

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
But will they be allowed to compete at the grand prix? I really wonder how they will have enough pair teams for 6 grand prixs. :( But perhaps a chance for the German pair teams Hase/Seegert and Hocke/Kunkel
Chances for both the pair of Efimova/Blommaert as well as the young pair (remaining in juniors but did Europeans?) Roscher/Schuster.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So many retirements! It's going to be completely new rooster next season.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Have James and Radford retired? They've not been included in the latest world standings listing.
I think they said they wanted to continue but my understanding with WS is that your fed has to pull you off the list and obviously they won't do that unless you're splitting/retiring? Imo it makes sense especially with Eric's back and all of the challenges they had this season.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I think they said they wanted to continue but my understanding with WS is that your fed has to pull you off the list and obviously they won't do that unless you're splitting/retiring? Imo it makes sense especially with Eric's back and all of the challenges they had this season.
Thank you for the extra info @figureskatingandrainbows . (I wonder if Vanessa will team up with someone else? - I don't get the feeling that she's "done" with skating just yet.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I've added Adrien Tesson to the retirements list, & guys feel free to post whoever else I have omitted in the OP. It had been a couple of weeks since my previous Twitter login, and there was just too much content waiting now to go through all of it.

The Pairs field looks dismal in the new World Standings o_O If the ban continues and if Sui/Han either retire or take a year off, as I suspect they will, then only 6 out of the top 12 teams will appear in major events, and just 3 of them will be at either of EC/4CC. wow.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've added Adrien Tesson to the retirements list, & guys feel free to post whoever else I have omitted in the OP. It had been a couple of weeks since my previous Twitter login, and there was just too much content waiting now to go through all of it.

The Pairs field looks dismal in the new World Standings o_O If the ban continues and if Sui/Han either retire or take a year off, as I suspect they will, then only 6 out of the top 12 teams will appear in major events, and just 3 of them will be at either of EC/4CC. wow.
I hope my fave discipline won't die...

Country
Norway
German Fed announced the split of Hase/ Seegert and Mueller/ Dieck. Joti Polizoakis will switch to the Czech Fed.
Oh my god :/ Minerva and Nolan 💔 Another pair.... Wow EC 2023 pairs category looking rather bleak now...

I´m wondering if anybody knows anything about Barquero/Zandron? I guess she was suspended (temporary), but for how long? I would hate it for them to sit out the whole next season and maybe even split ut, they looked so promising...

Smoru Redi

Spectator
Oh my god :/ Minerva and Nolan 💔 Another pair.... Wow EC 2023 pairs category looking rather bleak now...

I´m wondering if anybody knows anything about Barquero/Zandron? I guess she was suspended (temporary), but for how long? I would hate it for them to sit out the whole next season and maybe even split ut, they looked so promising...
Barquero's hearing is still pending, but not sure when it will happen (end of summer maybe??). After that they'll determined how long she's supended or if they lift the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.