2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Women's Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Women's Free Skate

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am sorry I cannot link to the document, but....

in another post, (maybe another forum), a poster explained that the Estonian qualifications give the Olympic spot to the skater who qualified at Nebelhorn as long as they are in the top two at Estonian Nats. Thus, Eva-Lotta.

I really hate doing this without a link, but I don't have time now, I will try to find later. I remember because it seemed so odd; I could not make something like this up. ;)

There's a link, but the document is not in English.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Yes it is decided already before nationals! It wasnt mandatory to even compete there! But eva was injured and this wasnt fair situation! But she is a fighter and went there! Estonian points for Niina were ridiculos what also showed other international co petition.
Eva-lotta deserved olympic spot with previous years and she is able to get more than 200 points!
She is more intresting woman, she has personality!

cmk

Rinkside
Niina deservingly won the free skate. Her layout is a bit easier with two combos at the beginning. I like her and hope she is chosen to go to the Olympics for Estonia. Amber tried her best. She should be happy with a silver medal. But, it could have been gold if she can just think and not repeat jumps. Shouldn’t be that hard to do. Skaters should be able to have a plan B like the Eteri skaters. That was something I really admired about Zhenya. After this competition, I admire Amber, but, the Olympic spots for USA seem to be pretty obvious, at this moment. Anastasiia Gubanova also wasn’t very good. She started good…. But, the popped loop and then her triple doubles in the second half. She looked tired out there. But, I’m so happy she won the gold and since she scored over 177, that prize money should aid her for the future. So, this was an overall good result for her.
I don't think the 3rd us spot is that obvious. I think Liu and Chen will get 2, and if she wasn't injured Bradie would of been a lock but she hasn't compted all year. I think if Bradie skates at nationals and places in top3 she makes the team for sure. If she ends up 4th, she could still get picked ( they have proven they would bump Glenn off the team for a lower placers better body of work in the past and would probably do it again, or someone like Andrews has the skate of her life (it would take a lot for that to happen for a skater to meda without a 3 lutz though).

MaHa75

On the Ice
I'm not so sured about that. Niina just beat Eva Lotta with 29 points at Estonian Nationals.
It was estonian juding...she got 30 points less in all her challenger! So dont take thic competition so seriously!