2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoisAGOEs

Rinkside
As @skim1001 already said, we won't know the actual assignments until most likely (hopefully) the end of June, but there are some skaters who are guaranteed spots (if they choose to compete).

Two assignments each:
Deanna Stellato-Dudek / Maxime Deschamps
Lia Perreira / Trennt Michaud
Brooke McIntosh / Benjamin Mimar

Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Soerensen

At least one assignment each:
Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Ethier

Madeline Schizas

Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus*
Marie-Jade Lauriault / Romain Le Gac
Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont

*Possibly transferring to Ireland

Apart from that, Skate Canada is free to choose whoever they want to pick for the host spots, and any other federation can choose from the top 75 in the World standings list. (Which would currently include Chloe Panetta / Kieran Thrasher, Ashlyn Schmitz / Tristan Taylor and Lori-Anne Matte / Thierry Ferland for pairs; Roman, Wesley, Stephen and Corey for men; Kaiya, Justine and Gabrielle for women; and Sandrine Gauthier / Quentin Thieren and Alicia Fabbri / Paul Ayer for ice dance.)
It’s actually the top 75 season best scores of 22/23, not the World Standings.

Ziotic

Medalist
As @skim1001 already said, we won't know the actual assignments until most likely (hopefully) the end of June, but there are some skaters who are guaranteed spots (if they choose to compete).

Two assignments each:
Deanna Stellato-Dudek / Maxime Deschamps
Lia Perreira / Trennt Michaud
Brooke McIntosh / Benjamin Mimar

Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Soerensen

At least one assignment each:
Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Ethier

Madeline Schizas

Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus*
Marie-Jade Lauriault / Romain Le Gac
Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont

*Possibly transferring to Ireland

Apart from that, Skate Canada is free to choose whoever they want to pick for the host spots, and any other federation can choose from the top 75 in the World standings list. (Which would currently include Chloe Panetta / Kieran Thrasher, Ashlyn Schmitz / Tristan Taylor and Lori-Anne Matte / Thierry Ferland for pairs; Roman, Wesley, Stephen and Corey for men; Kaiya, Justine and Gabrielle for women; and Sandrine Gauthier / Quentin Thieren and Alicia Fabbri / Paul Ayer for ice dance.)
And Conrad!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
where do Proft-Nadeau stand??? Did they even compete abroad? I don't think so... so I guess the only option would be a home spot which probably wouldn't happen considering how things are shaping....

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
where do Proft-Nadeau stand??? Did they even compete abroad? I don't think so... so I guess the only option would be a home spot which probably wouldn't happen considering how things are shaping....
They didn't compete abroad, they only managed to achieve the internal minimums for international assignments at Nationals and weren't sent out to either of the two Senior Bs that included pairs (Bavarian Open and Challenge Cup).

But they might (hopefully) be sent out to some of the early competitions next season.

Ziotic

Medalist
I feel like they could get a host spot depending on T/F.

Others are garaunteed their spots and then two host spots left. One to P/N one to L/E who I think are likely to get a second even without host pick

My hope for the season is two Canadian teams making GPF!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I really liked watching Proft-Nadeau this season. I hope I get to see them often upcoming season, be it in a GP or other competition.
Proft/ Nadeau look good together. It is taking time for them to develop their partnership, as they are both new to pairs. Plus, they were slowed by injury last season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Can’t find it 😣

Edit: found it; didn’t know you had to scroll down so much. But, I found it 🫡
yes... for now, they are at the very bottom of the forum... once the 2022-23 season is officially finished, Golden Skate will archive this section and move up the 2023-24 season... at least, that's what i think is done usually :)

cyndyt

Rinkside
Maybe a weird question, but is there any reason why a lot of pairs skaters are listed without their partner? Did they all split (doubtful, but Beau Callahan was also initially listed without a partner and is now listed with a new one) or is it just a registration mistake?
Each partner registers individually in Quebec (but does name their partner), so it just means the partner hasn't registered yet.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
and registration is definitely not finished.. already, the list was updated on June 9th for CQÉ... and I suspect more to come as there is absolutely no senior ice dance... which is impossible ;) no senior men is possible however... unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.