2022-23 Injuries and ills | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Injuries and ills

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah isn't appendectomy pretty serious and very hard on the body especially flexibility?
I had mine when I was 10, so not the same thing, but it wasn't that long before I was back to activity. I wasn't at Piper's level, obviously, but I was in serious ballet training at the time. If I remember right, I was out fully for two weeks and then eased back in for awhile longer. As long as hers didn't rupture and need major surgery, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Yes, she'll need time off, but good physical therapy should get her up and running again before long.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Anastasiia Smirnova/Danil Siianytsia in Pairs have withdrawn from US Nationals, due to an injury by Smirnova. The article says that they will not be able to train together on the ice till the middle of February.

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I’m devastated for Nastyia and Daniel! They’ve been through so much. I thought things were looking up for them, and now this. Nationals won’t be the same for me without them there. I hope they can stay strong!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Hungarian ice dancer Danijil Szemko (partner of Mariia Ignateva; they were 10th at Europeans) has been injured with a stab wound in his thigh in Moscow, according to an article in the Russian press.
Source: https://www.championat.com/figuresk...urist-poluchil-nozhevoe-ranenie-v-moskve.html

Google Translate version is below:
Ukrainian figure skater Daniil Semko, performing in ice dancing for Hungary, was hospitalized with a knife wound in Moscow, according to the telegram channel Shot.

The doctors of the Botkin hospital diagnosed a 22-year-old native of Odessa with a stab wound in the right thigh. The cause of the injury is still unknown. Semko told medical workers that he ran into a man in the crowd near Petrovsky Park, after which he felt pain in his thigh and saw a wound. The unidentified person fled. But when the doctors, having treated the wound, called the police, the skater changed the version of the injury: he allegedly scratched himself so badly, clinging to someone's bag, and has no complaints against anyone.

In Moscow, Semko worked as a coach, but, according to a source, now the athlete intends to leave Russia.

Wishing Danijil a swift and smooth recovery, and hoping he and Mariia can find a safe new training location very soon.

Amei

Record Breaker
Hungarian ice dancer Danijil Szemko (partner of Mariia Ignateva; they were 10th at Europeans) has been injured with a stab wound in his thigh in Moscow, according to an article in the Russian press.
Source: https://www.championat.com/figuresk...urist-poluchil-nozhevoe-ranenie-v-moskve.html

Google Translate version is below:

Wishing Danijil a swift and smooth recovery, and hoping he and Mariia can find a safe new training location very soon.

Can someone verify the Google translate? He told the hospital 1 story and the cops another?