2022-23 JGPF Junior Men's Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022-23 JGPF Junior Men's Short Program

yume

πŸ‰
Record Breaker
Not suprised to see Broussard in the lead. He just gets so much better GOEs and PCS than the other boys. And when he delivers the difficult jumps, bigger the score is.

I hope that Takeru will redeem himself in the free.

I'm used to the marathons of JGPs. 6 skaters is not enough.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Ami-neh, ah Italian
Sorry, totally off thread topic but~

You bring up something that's bothered me since Takeru added "Amine" to his recognized name at the start of this season
In Japanese his name is written η‰‡δΌŠε‹’ ζ­¦ γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³
γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³ would usually be romanized as "Amin" (Ah-meen)
However, I assume the "Amine" spelling which you correctly pointed out would normally be pronounced as Ami-neh was submitted by Takeru himself since it's written that way in his JSF bio
Not sure if he (or his parents) just wanted to be fancy since the name is either foriegn in origin or made up but I still find it confusing when reading or writing it πŸ˜…

Edit: Sorry, thought the announcer pronounced his name "Amin" and you were correcting them based on the spelling
Just realized it might have been the opposite case, so went to check the stream and sure enough

ANYWAY...
Injuries aside, Takeru has struggled with consistency and confidence since he was Novice
Heartbreaking for me since I was hooked from the first time seeing him skate (in 2016?)
Praying he's able to deliver a strong, redemption FS...a performance he can feel proud of πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
Sorry, totally off thread topic but~

You bring up something that's bothered me since Takeru added "Amine" to his recognized name at the start of this season
In Japanese his name is written η‰‡δΌŠε‹’ ζ­¦ γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³
γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³ would usually be romanized as "Amin" (Ah-meen)
However, I assume the "Amine" spelling which you correctly pointed out would normally be pronounced as Ami-neh was submitted by Takeru himself since it's written that way in his JSF bio
Not sure if he (or his parents) just wanted to be fancy since the name is either foriegn in origin or made up but I still find it confusing when reading or writing it πŸ˜…

Edit: Sorry, thought the announcer pronounced his name "Amin" and you were correcting them based on the spelling
Just realized it might have been the opposite case, so went to check the stream and sure enough

ANYWAY...
Injuries aside, Takeru has struggled with consistency and confidence since he was Novice
Heartbreaking for me since I was hooked from the first time seeing him skate (in 2016?)
Praying he's able to deliver a strong, redemption FS...a performance he can feel proud of πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

True πŸ€” I always read it "γ‚’γƒŸγƒ", but never questioned the "γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³" πŸ˜…
We'll have to wait for a video where someone asks him to pronounce his name :pray: and explain it btw

edit: another option could be that it's french, where you write the "e" but don't pronounce it
(hence the ISU using "Amine" which leads to pronouncing the full "word" cause you would not think about french there) :scratch2:

edit2: maybe that's a good thought..
look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_(name)
and I found a bit of text
Amin (also al-Amin, Arabic) is an Arabic given name meaning "conscientious" or "trustworthy".
In English, it is often rendered as "Ameen".
It is "Amine" the French spelling of the Arabic name Amin. In Arabic, there is only Amin or the feminine form Amine. The French spelling goes back to the colonial bureaucracy in North Africa, during which many spellings of Arabic names were distorted.
In Arabic, Amine is a male name and Amina is a girl's name.
(translated from a german source)

edit3:
so as a short summary - as long as the "french route" is correct, then "Amine" as well as "γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³" are correct, with both being pronounced "Ah-meen".

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I am so wishing to see any of the Italians at Euros. But I don't get it to men's SP live, so they all should make it to FS. But it should be easy for any of them. Why do you have so many good skaters in men in Italy. I want them all to come .

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
True πŸ€” I always read it "γ‚’γƒŸγƒ", but never questioned the "γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³" πŸ˜…
We'll have to wait for a video where someone asks him to pronounce his name :pray: and explain it btw

edit: another option could be that it's french, where you write the "e" but don't pronounce it
(hence the ISU using "Amine" which leads to pronouncing the full "word" cause you would not think about french there) :scratch2:

edit2: maybe that's a good thought..
look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_(name)
and I found a bit of text

(translated from a german source)

edit3:
so as a short summary - as long as the "french route" is correct, then "Amine" as well as "γ‚’γƒŸγƒ³" are correct, with both being pronounced "Ah-meen".
The plot thickens. So Takeru's mum could be French-Algerian?