2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pleasant skate for Emy & Brian. Trouble with the jumps, they seem uncomfortable syncing their jumps. Excellent lifts with exception of twist lift which needs some more work.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Emy and Brian have good lifts with some interesting positions, but today they had some issues in this program.

Their sbs jumps are on the weaker side, which isn't necessarily a hue issue if they can get the throws and the "easier" jumps they are doing consistently. There's potential there but they'll have to continue working hard.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I so enjoyed Kaetlyn's and Kaitlin's commentary in tandem with Ted earlier today. I love that Ted is so positive, but it adds interest to have the second person.

Is Meagan commentating on any channel today? Not that I'm gonna switch, but I really enjoy all her pairs commentary. It's very balanced between the technical and the performance qualities. If she does, maybe I can catch it after the fact.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I so enjoyed Kaetlyn's and Kaitlin's commentary in tandem with Ted earlier today. I love that Ted is so positive, but it adds interest to have the second person.

Is Meagan commentating on any channel today? Not that I'm gonna switch, but I really enjoy all her pairs commentary. It's very balanced between the technical and the performance qualities. If she does, maybe I can catch it after the fact.
no idea... maybe on tv???

the French CBC, if you understand French has Alain Goldberg who was a pair skater for France I believe, before most of us were born. He is very technical, and yet, contributes with lots of personal opinions. But i am watching the English channel probably because I wanted to hear Weaver in ice dance and didn't bother switching.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Random: Seeing some of the young pairs skaters it amazes me even more that Gordeeva was winning a world championship at 15. Crazy.
Gordeeva was and still is amazing. All young pair girl skaters should be required to watch her skate.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Random: Seeing some of the young pairs skaters it amazes me even more that Gordeeva was winning a world championship at 15. Crazy.
She was 14. I recently re-watched, and heard Toller Cranston say he'd never seen a 14-year-old with so much talent.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, POTO :)

Marty and Summer did a fine job, but what is the age difference between them? I hate to be persnickety, but large age differences with young teens .... I'm not a fan.