2023 CS Autumn Classic Men's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Autumn Classic Men's Free Skate

Carol1

Medalist
I plan on spending the hour before the free dance watching Guarino Sabate's program on loop, whistling along, and drinking wine coolers. Yee-haw!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Never a doubt. :)

Word was that Ilia was not attempting the 4A?

His jumps are so darn pretty that I hold him to a higher standard for the PCS. I know the judges are going to give him the quad bonus, but I would like to see him earn it. I do give him props that he is trying (more in the SP) and his spins and other moves are also improving.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm dying to see this now! I might be one of the few people who loved Shoma's Bolero and I'm surprised that Kevin chose music the year after someone else won Worlds with it. I assume it's a different arrangement and I'm sure Kevin makes it his own!
I loved Shoma's Bolero too, you're not alone! :D

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think Rinky ate the Internet and my post. I was just saying that Sota and Kévin were the only two with interesting and detailed choreography. Other men mostly wait until the choreo seq and step seq to do stuff... So, sure Ilia needs work but in this field, he was not the worst at all.

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Rinky ate the Internet and my post. I was just saying that besides Sota and Kévin were the only two with interesting and detailed choreography. Other men mostly wait until the choreo seq and step seq to do stuff... So, sure Ilia needs work but in this field, he was not the worst at all.
How was Kevin in person?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Rinky ate the Internet and my post. I was just saying that besides Sota and Kévin were the only two with interesting and detailed choreography. Other men mostly wait until the choreo seq and step seq to do stuff... So, sure Ilia needs work but in this field, he was not the worst at all.
I think much improved. He was criticized for doing so many shows over the summer instead of working on his programs, but he clearly benefitted from so much audience exposure, as well as working with more naturally gifted performers.

I don't know what I was expecting from the music - I've never seen the show it comes from - but it had intensity. I already like it tons better than last year's HBO program. (Or Showtime or Cinemax or whatever).

He held the intensity for the most part throughout, but I think he got a little tired in the homestretch. I also think it's the kind of program that will need to be skated near-perfectly to really, really work. But no doubt, it was an excellent season debut.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think much improved. He was criticized for doing so many shows over the summer instead of working on his programs, but he clearly benefitted from so much audience exposure, as well as working with more naturally gifted performers.

I don't know what I was expecting from the music - I've never seen the show it comes from - but it had intensity. I already like it tons better than last year's HBO program. (Or Showtime or Cinemax or whatever).

He held the intensity for the most part throughout, but I think he got a little tired in the homestretch. I also think it's the kind of program that will need to be skated near-perfectly to really, really work. But no doubt, it was an excellent season debut.

Well, this show is also HBO, but I watched ten minutes and turned it off. The machinations of a Murdoch type family.

His best TV show program was as a tiny young pup wearing a motorcycle jacket to "Sons of Anarchy". 2019 I believe? so he was maybe 14 years old?

I agree doing shows and more shows over the summer is the best thing he could have done. He doesn't need to work on a quint axel. He needs "Sons of Anarchy" mojo. :biggrin: