2024 Four Continents Rhythm Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Rhythm Dance

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes! These Australians understood the assignment! I don't care if all of these songs could have been found in an 80's megamix CD from a late-night 90's infomercial! 😁

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I am also here because I can’t sleep at night, how coincidental

(suddenly focused on the lyrics of Tainted Love)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not just you. I don't get why the Komatsubaras received the highest SK among the three. Yoshida/Morita had more speed and deeper edges.
Japan has a lot of young exciting dance teams right now. I hope that they will feel like they have a chance to get to the biggest events in the near future.... otherwise, the young teams just quit.

zebobes

Final Flight
Does anyone want to guess how long it will take for Japan to have more than one dance spots at worlds? The teams are all so good, but they are a couple years still from being great.

Not just you. I don't get why the Komatsubaras received the highest SK among the three. Yoshida/Morita had more speed and deeper edges.

I think there is more to Ice Dance skating skills than speed. I don't know enough about edges though, because I thought they did great in the pattern dance, but then they only got base level, so maybe even though their edges are deep, they aren't steady enough.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Does anyone want to guess how long it will take for Japan to have more than one dance spots at worlds? The teams are all so good, but they are a couple years still from being great.
2026 worlds, after the olympics.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Oh I see Eurosport have chosen to pick that team as a token image this time. Interesting decision. :palmf:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
He also said Bowie with the BOW as the front of a ship (or half of a dog's bark) rather than something you use to shoot arrows (or tie your shoes).
i heard that one too... but i let it go.. because well... i was like "how strange" instead of falling off my chair like in the other case

well it's official now.

Ted,
Graham (YOG commentator)
and now this guy Chris???

they all have figure skating diction disorder

readernick

Medalist
I would just say that Yoshida/ Morita have better kneebend and speed. However, they haven't yet mastered ice dance edges which is a whole different level of perfection. Koko also don't have great SS but at least they didn't get super low levels on their StepSeqs. Also, they are just better at all the other elements, especially the lifts, skating in hold, and the partnering. No messiness when coming together, grasping hands and moving apart. Better sync. I thought they were clearly the best today. I agree that Yoshida/Morita likely have a high ceiling because their basic skating is better but it's going to take them years to reach that ceiling.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok I'm out. Have fun everyone, good luck to all skaters. I will return tomorrow, hopefully able to match names with figure skaters and spell the name of countries I am team mother for.

mikeko666

Final Flight
I would just say that Yoshida/ Morita have better kneebend and speed. However, they haven't yet mastered ice dance edges which is a whole different level of perfection. Koko also don't have great SS but at least they didn't get super low levels on their StepSeqs. Also, they are just better at all the other elements, especially the lifts, skating in hold, and the partnering. No messiness when coming together, grasping hands and moving apart. Better sync. I thought they were clearly the best today. I agree that Yoshida/Morita likely have a high ceiling because their basic skating is better but it's going to take them years to reach that ceiling.
The Komatsubaras twizzles were in sync but the rotations were slow as always, and I felt their RoLi, while her position was difficult, was slow and taking a bit too long, longer than 7 sec.