Ashley Wagner's coaching/choreography | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner's coaching/choreography

Pika

Final Flight
My favorite LP from Ashley is definitely Moulin Rouge, gives me chills. But I give a special mention to her Black Swan (have a soft spot for this program because it's when I became a true fan of Ashley after seeing her live at Worlds 2012).
For the SP, I can't decide between Hip Hip Chin Chin and Shine on you Crazy Diamonds which I found fabulous.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is the woman filming the one who is with her in the K&C? This sounds like music that will push Ashley's artistic boundaries (in a good way).

I wondered if possibly that is the choreographer Shae Lynne Bourne. S.L. is from Canada, and that rink appears to be in Canada. It says The Sports Village, and that is in Canada.

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Is the woman filming the one who is with her in the K&C? This sounds like music that will push Ashley's artistic boundaries (in a good way).

It sounds like it's Shae-Lynn Bourne who's with her, the one with her in the K&C is Nadia Kanaeva who has a Russian accent

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It sounds like it's Shae-Lynn Bourne who's with her, the one with her in the K&C is Nadia Kanaeva who has a Russian accent

I'm so happy that Ashley:points: has this team. As Johnny Weir said after Adam Rippon's FS at worlds, "it takes a village to raise a skater." (or was it "champion"?)

I love watching Nadia with Ashley in K&C. They look to be quite close, and Nadia seems like a nurturing presence and at the same time is probably a demanding assistant coach with specialties of her own.

Adam is the other nurturing force, and as we have heard all year from Ashley, really comes through for her when she's in a moment of doubt. As she does for him.

Obviously, Shae-Lynne is a great creative force; she and Ashley are a match made in heaven. I agree that Exogenesis may push Ashley's artistic boundaries, in a good way, and I think Ashley's eager to explore a more lyrical dimension. It scares:drama: me a little, but scary can be good.

And then there's Rafael, the gruff Russian teddy bear.:bow: I'm convinced that he's pretty inventive in coaching technique and maybe a genius!

frostfeather

Rinkside
I think Ashley is a natural performer and spinner but not a natural jumper. But it is her effort that makes her so admirable.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ agree to an extent. But for me, it's Ashley's passion for skating that makes her extra admirable. That comes through from the inside out. I was watching some of her skates from 2011 and 2012 this morning. It's in her eyes, that passion, and it comes straight through her performances. She just loves skating, music, movement, and expression.

It also comes through in her persistence. She's an inspiration for anyone who thinks they're too old or too untalented to do what they love ... one more time.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
^^ agree to an extent. But for me, it's Ashley's passion for skating that makes her extra admirable. That comes through from the inside out. I was watching some of her skates from 2011 and 2012 this morning. It's in her eyes, that passion, and it comes straight through her performances. She just loves skating, music, movement, and expression.

It also comes through in her persistence. She's an inspiration for anyone who thinks they're too old or too untalented to do what they love ... one more time.

So true so true.