Championnats québécois d'été 2017 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Championnats québécois d'été 2017

Andrea82

Medalist
Only my speculation, but this news makes me wonder whether perhaps Bruno and/or Meagan had something to do with encouraging Ryom/Kim to get the experience of competing at this event??

At the time of Helskinki Worlds, it seemed to me that Bruno/Meagan embraced the North Koreans, per the links I posted in the fan thread for R/K:

it is possible... or maybe a few training weeks with the Montreal crew with the bonus of trying out their programs in a competition.

At the end of June/beginning of July the North Koreans were indeed in Montreal. There is a pic of them doing pilates on Meagan Duhamel's IG. So I wonder if they are staying there for the whole summer of if they've returned to North Korea to come back in Quebec in August.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
At the end of June/beginning of July the North Koreans were indeed in Montreal. There is a pic of them doing pilates on Meagan Duhamel's IG. So I wonder if they are staying there for the whole summer of if they've returned to North Korea to come back in Quebec in August.

I think I have heard, but don't remember where, that they are training in Montreal right now... but do not quote me on this... but it would make sense for them, that while they are spending some time in the summer in North America, to take part in a competition.... who knows when they are heading back to North Korea???

Andrea82

Medalist
I think I have heard, but don't remember where, that they are training in Montreal right now... but do not quote me on this... but it would make sense for them, that while they are spending some time in the summer in North America, to take part in a competition.... who knows when they are heading back to North Korea???

it seems they are indeed still in Montreal (I mean, is it them in this pic, right? https://www.instagram.com/p/BWauPqxhbgN/?taken-by=meaganduhamel)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I can't believe there are North Koreans training in Canada. I am so happy for them, still I almost seems too nice to be true. I can still remember a World football championship where there was a match Brazil-N Korea. They looked like from a different planet, at least in the beginning. Poor Brazilians did not seem to know how to play...they won in the end, but it was a weird game. N Korea was playing quite well. It was some time ago...hope things have changed for the better in N Korea

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Considering that the tickets for the 2017 Autumn Classic International are already on sale, will we be receiving any news soon about tickets for this competition?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Considering that the tickets for the 2017 Autumn Classic International are already on sale, will we be receiving any news soon about tickets for this competition?

i doubt it will be that difficult to get tickets.... they might even just sell them at the venue itself.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's a nice facility too, warm rinks. I'll see you there!

yup.. i went to ACI last year ;) and planning to go again this fall... i have a few favourites at the Championnat I want to check out but I am just mad at the schedule :( pretty much i want to see pairs and males and it means i have to go two days instead of doing just one day... (cannot make the pairs sp)

by warm : still i should wear jeans even if it's like 35degrees out right?

yup.. i went to ACI last year ;) and planning to go again this fall... i have a few favourites at the Championnat I want to check out but I am just mad at the schedule :( pretty much i want to see pairs and males and it means i have to go two days instead of doing just one day... (cannot make the pairs sp)

by warm : still i should wear jeans even if it's like 35degrees out right?

It's still a rink but I am comfortable in shorts there.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's still a rink but I am comfortable in shorts there.

oh thank you !!! that's vital to know... because 4 hours of transit at 35 degrees in jeans... may be worse than 6-7 hours of wearing a bit less at the rink...

hey! if Nam, Roman and others can skate wearing shorts LOL.... I will see what i can do... to be comfortable both on the way there and in there. Thanks.