Cricket Club Practice in Oakville | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Cricket Club Practice in Oakville

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And on the topic of height, Elizabet is soooo tiny! Holy cow, it's hard to believe she's sixteen years old.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Lysacek is something like 6'3''... Nam is not that tall for sure...

I guess what's even more striking is how short Javi and Hanyu are. Maybe it's because they jump so big that I expected them to be taller. Maybe it's the angle of the picture, I don't know. Elvis Stojko was very short when I saw him in 2001. BTW, We need add Elvis to the Best "Engine" list. I saw him back stage and was wearing spandex warm up pants. Perfection.............:agree:

Last edited:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think it was established recently that Yuzu is about 5'7". Not super short by any means, and close to average for a male singles skater.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Let's hope nam stops growing. Evan was a bit of a anomaly or a fluke and with the quad being so important now well being that tall - sometimes when you are that tall you can look awkward. one of the most awkward skaters was laurent tobel but he was at least quirky but when i watched old clips of a skater known as Ravi Walia who ironically is the Canadian coach of Kaetlyn Osmond he looked very unaesthetically pleasing often when he skated. A bit too lanky.his one piece costumes didn't help either.

kelleigh

On the Ice
Talking about regalness and posture, I always wonder - so what is the "right amount of regalness" and "best posture"? It's interesting that I always sees kind of comments to skaters (whoever) saying something to their styles or postures but is there really formal definition of these except the fact that if someone skates on the ice like tripping himself of course I know it's not a good sign.

Personally I like Hanyu, I also acknowledge he's not God, he has so much more to enhance in the future. And I know he's not likeable for everyone. I have some favs and I have some nopes. Apart from fangirling at some designated threads, whenever I comment on the skaters, I always try to do it on a solid ground of facts but not "He/She is too under-regal, but I know he/she is likeable." No matter someone is likeable or not, the person deserves objective comments with proves and evidences.

Certainly it's just me, I am not forcing anything or pointing to anybody. Expressing own thoughts with good will is always likeable.:cool:

BTW, seemingly the Cricket Club team should be around to arrive in Boston, Javier posted his picture on plane a couple hours ago...

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
^^

There is no right amount, it' s always a master of taste. For me, the best example is Patrick: for many apparently an epitome of elegance whereas I find him a bit stiff, perhaps because if his arms. Similar with Han Yan, like with Patrick, I've seen many comments praising his "beautiful lines" where I see schooled, unnatural body movement. To me elegance equals natural, soft movement so Yuzu fits my definition better than either Patrick or Han Yan. pparently I'm a fan of noodle arms and sloppy movent tooo... :laugh: I've long stopped trying to make sense out of all differing preferences and opinions.

Last edited: